The Coffee & Tea Thread!

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
So, some of you may know I like coffee!
I've ordered some caramel coffee sweetener/coffee flavouring as I love the Caramel Latte in Costa so much, I thought why not?....
caramel-sugar-free-monin-syrup-1-litre.png

Every day coffee for me is Nescafe Gold Blend.
640x640.jpg

One or two spoons (cup size dependant) of coffee and 1 sweetex sweetener with lots of skimmed milk... thats my go to. My coffee mugs range from 11 oz to 24 oz! My favourite mug is this one...
AOh9Sjf.png

I may have a few a day, actually probably drink between 4 - 15 cups a day! I've been told this is too much but never mind. I have tried to cut down in the lockdowns so I've only had 5 cups so far today (5pm). I also have a coffee machine that does everything from a flat white to a hot chocolate.

So what are your go to drinks?
Tea or coffee? Give details...

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
Coffee!!

And I love tea too, but that's for a mood, coffee is to survive.

I have upped my coffee game, I also got syrups and changed the sugar, and I am buying ground up beans until I have a bean grinder that I like.

I bought one of those 'we try to make an espresso cheap' bialetti things for the stove, and this always helped me make better coffee.

No more instant for me! (sometimes.. of course, i still do.. im cheap too)

Tea wise, the stuff from the store doesn't cut it anymore. I try out different custom blends and get sample leafs and stuff, it's so nice to level up the tea intake and it's super relaxing.

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
Not a coffee drinking person.

I want to change my tea, I've got PG at the moment, but I want to get away from to big brands and support smaller more ethical companies. PG is owned by Unilever one of the worlds largest companies, so I want to get away from them.

Anyone got any tea recommendations, normal tea rather than herbal.

Floris

Staff member
I just ordered these extra bits of delicious coffee, hopefully it lasts a little longer than April.

I had to order things from amazon for the kitchen and stuff anyway. So, might as well add it.
One of them is a 12 hour delivery thing, it should be here tonight, the rest I will find out in the coming days.

Screenshot 2021-04-09 at 05.00.03.png Screenshot 2021-04-09 at 05.00.11.png Screenshot 2021-04-09 at 05.00.20.png

Reactions: Nix

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
Costa caramel latte was had today!!

f7d780c9cd6953f7016dd648b3a2df15.jpg

Floris

Staff member
I had an intense espresso level 9 today, and it was so good.. i wish i took a picture. sorry

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
You, you get glasses at Costa??? It's all in takeaway cups here!

Floris

Staff member
You, you get glasses at Costa??? It's all in takeaway cups here!
I hate it when I don't get a takeaway cup, I love them, I hardly ever see them in the NL.

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
What are your herbal tea recommendations? I have a red berries one that I enjoy, and occasionally I'll have a camomile tea.

Floris

Staff member
What are your herbal tea recommendations? I have a red berries one that I enjoy, and occasionally I'll have a camomile tea.
Chamomile tea is always a winner. The right Rooibos will also be super enjoyable.

You can check here what some 'quality tea' recommendations are, and either buy that or look locally for some samples etc https://www.tastingcollection.com/en/tasting-sets/tea-tasting.html

Grocery store tea vs making a bit of effort to get the actual tea to steep etc, totally worth it and a completely different experience. Relaxing teas will actually feel relaxing and an experience. While energizing green tea can make you feel like an enjoyable tea that has the same caffeine effect as a coffee (and way less sweet, while still tasting sweet)

Floris

Staff member
My buddy @smeths showed me his stash of nescafe gold blend :) I think we are getting him addicted to coffee too now.

Today I have coffee arriving. more bialetti stuff. I try to get the cheapest stuff, but it's still expensive. I wish I could afford to try their more expensive flavors.

Reactions: Nix

JustSayingHiToday

OMG Member
I am a tea addict I think. I need my morning and evening cuppa or else I develop a headache. With all the immunity boosting concoctions bombarding my WhatsApp, I too have incorporated ginger into my tea while brewing. Let me tell you, it is so soothing to the throat and very relaxing indeed.

PostFun2021

OMG Member
Tea anytime but I am averse to coffee not because I do not like it, simply because it upsets my tummy. Even Tea I have reduced frequency to just two, one in the morning and one in the evening and I like it simple. No flavors, and no additives, just plain with a little sugar.

Floris

Staff member
I just woke up from thinking someone knocked on my door at 4 am, but there's nobody there. Bit strange. My dream felt real I guess.

But i am up now and the birds are too. The sun's about to tip over the horizon and say hello.

It's a warm day today it looks like. So I've boiled some water and waiting for it to be the right temp before I steep some japanese tea and go sit on the balcony on the north side to watch the sun come up.

I think this will be a nice start of my day, so, be back online again later!

Emma

OMG Member
I personally like coffee, Nescafe instant flavored coffees are available in market and I tried all, we can try this in cafeterias set by people. Caramel Macchiato and cafe Latte is my favorite one.

Floris

Staff member
I personally like coffee, Nescafe instant flavored coffees are available in market and I tried all, we can try this in cafeterias set by people. Caramel Macchiato and cafe Latte is my favorite one.
You inspired me to make a caramel macchiato this morning. Sipping it right now. It's delicious!

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
ivkg9ZP.jpg

I got this present from my Brother Saturday....

Floris

Staff member
ivkg9ZP.jpg

I got this present from my Brother Saturday....
That looks so awesome, haha, nice !!

btw,
I got one of these for $2 during black friday and it's been superb.
A quick heating up of 30 seconds of a splash of milk in the microwave and then frothing for 20 seconds gives such a creamy finish to my coffee. together with a syrup to increase flavour, and any bleh coffee is 50% better in flavour.

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
Currently drinking peppermint tea, I would like to say it's as I'm trying to cut down on caffeine, but that's a lie, it's just as its easier to drink herbal teas at work.

Floris

Staff member
I had a big pot of tea this morning. I wanted something warm, light, and still get a little bit of cafeine. Delish!

Floris

Staff member
"santa" gave me an advent of picnic tea, all llLlll the flavours, they're honestly pretty great. Stuff you don't usually see in the stores, or they're a bit more pricy. They didn't cheap out. I am having more tea because of it, and together with the tea I got from Nixxy I have fun trying and enjoying all sorts of flavours.

Floris

Staff member
I got a batch of 250g bags from all over the world, from a dutch store. I love their sample stuff and it's enough for me to enjoy variety of beans.

The grinder works again!

And I got a bigger bialetti for the stove and I got a v60 pour over (which I love).

The 2023 coffee upgrade is complete, last year I tried things, I figured out what I liked and don't like, and how strong etc. And in 2023 my coffee intake has been cut in half, but I have more premium flavours and enjoy it more. To finish it, some quality syrups (and not chemicals).

2024's coffee upgrade is .. unknown,. I'm still thinking about it. A cabinet for the coffee stuff maybe? Some more stove top alternatives? .. who knows.

Floris

Staff member
Dailing in what i like and dont like, and what my daily driver it. I have also found decaf that has a nice taste, so I am using that more often in the evening.