Upper Case Character in URL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stormraven

Trusted Member
I installed a member map on my site:

Member Map

Anyone here know how to make the M in the url into lower case instead of upper case? I've asked in the thread of the mod but no one replied yet and I thought I'd ask here too. I'm not that experienced with XF yet ;)

Any help would be appreciated.

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
The route has to be changed then.

Steven Moore

OMG Member
Pretty much what Floris said. Change the route to be membermap instead of memberMap.

Vincent_imported

Trusted Member
If one would be wondering how to do this, it can be done in the Admin CP in debug mode at the Development tab in the Route Prefix option :)

Stormraven

Trusted Member
I just noticed the replied in this thread and decided to give it a go. I tried to change the route prefix:

Screen Shot 2011-08-06 at 04.58.16.png

But every time I try to set it to anything other than 'memberMap', I get the following error:

"A controller for the route path memberMap/ was not found."

----------

Can't wait till i get the hang of XenForo ^_^

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
Then go to the route php file from the plugin where it's set, making sure it matches the front-end :)

Stormraven

Trusted Member
Then go to the route php file from the plugin where it's set, making sure it matches the front-end :)

That makes a lot of sense, wow, do I feel stupid right now :P Thanks Floris, I'll give this a go in the morning after some sleep :)

Stormraven

Trusted Member
Right, I'm still running into problems, nothing I seem to try works.

Screen Shot 2011-08-07 at 00.14.40.png

Screen Shot 2011-08-07 at 00.15.01.png

Still not working :(

Steven Moore

OMG Member
Where did you get the addon from? I'll download it and see about getting it to work how you want.

Steven Moore

OMG Member
Interesting, I changed the route prefix in the admin route prefixes and in the route file MemberMap.php, reuploaded and I can access it all lower case.

screen.png

Steven Moore

OMG Member
Oh btw, just a thought, if your trying to click the tab that came with the addon, try to type it in the address instead.

Stormraven

Trusted Member
I changed it to lower character, got it all working apart from when you click on the 'add or update location' button. I get this error:

Screen Shot 2011-08-08 at 03.30.52.png

I've been messing around with the php files for about half an hour now and I can't seem to get it working :(

Steven Moore

OMG Member
Ok in that case, change the links for all templates. If necessary you can PC me a login with admin and I will just do it for you. Won't take long but any place there is a link related to memberMap then you need to edit it to be /membermap/ instead of memberMap.

TopShot

OMG Member
I think/believe alternatively it could be done by editing all Phrase related to memberMap add-on rather than editing xxx.php files. Editing 30-odd phrase at one place are easy to play with.

TopShot

OMG Member
Oh man! - rename the add-on directory to all lowercases where ever you have (library/membermap or else) in you xenforo installations + change the route to be membermap instead of memberMap and it will going to work perfect

TopShot

OMG Member
I spend good amount of time to run sitemap plugin - and my directory was xenfor:wave:Sitemap and plugin was looking for xenfor:wave:sitemap instead - and I was confused with the directory permission etc etc - it was hard to find but I did and it work later.

Status
Not open for further replies.