Using Contentteller CMS with xenForo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoctorWatsOn

OMG Member
Hi all, not been on here for a while as I’ve been busy, but anyway Happy New Year to all the XenFans team & members. :)

Just thought I would pop in and post this in case it could be useful for anyone else looking for a CMS solution to go with xF.

Basically, I couldn’t get the WordPress bridge to work and as a complete novice with websites I was also concerned about relying on a free mod for such an important function and the level of support that would be there in the future, so I decided to take a look at Contentteller (Ct).

They have a free 30-day trial version, which gave me a chance to have a play with it and also to test out support on their forums at the same time – both impressed me enough to grab a licence and so over the coming weeks I’ll be building a new site – HERE.

This is very much work in progress and I don’t intend, at least for now, to use all the features that Ct offers, so it’s a fairly basic set-up, but I thought I would share the link over here in case it maybe of interest to anyone.

Fred Sherman, on both the xF & Cf forums, is talking about commissioning a theme/style common to both, which he’ll release free to the community. :cool:

Anyway you can find Contentteller here, and if you look at this thread – I’ve already got a couple of plugs in for XenFans in posts 7 & 9. ;)

DoctorWatsOn

OMG Member
Wowie :D
Gonna try that our for sure :D

What you currently see on my development site is very limited, but including installing it I've only spent about four hours on that so far - changing colours to match my xF install, but mainly finding photos that I could crop to match the size I am using for the slideshow - I am like a kid with a new toy at Christmas. :D

Although, I did spend about 16 hours playing with the trail version and asking [sometimes very dumb] questions on their forum before buying the licence, the adminCP is a bit complex for a novice like me, but that's just a learning curve and I am starting to get on top of it nicely. :cool:

EDIT - One of the main reasons that attracted me to Ct, is that mods can be broken by upgrades with xF, whereas I figure as (a) Ct is commercial software and (b) they use xF on their site - anything that gets broken after an upgrade of either xF or Ct will be fixed fairly quickly.

Vincent_imported

Trusted Member
What you currently see on my development site is very limited, but including installing it I've only spent about four hours on that so far - changing colours to match my xF install, but mainly finding photos that I could crop to match the size I am using for the slideshow - I am like a kid with a new toy at Christmas. :D

Although, I did spend about 16 hours playing with the trail version and asking [sometimes very dumb] questions on their forum before buying the licence, the adminCP is a bit complex for a novice like me, but that's just a learning curve and I am starting to get on top of it nicely. :cool:

EDIT - One of the main reasons that attracted me to Ct, is that mods can be broken by upgrades with xF, whereas I figure as (a) Ct is commercial software and (b) they use xF on their site - anything that gets broken after an upgrade of either xF or Ct will be fixed fairly quickly.

That attracts me too :D

Status
Not open for further replies.