Using Contentteller CMS with xenForo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoctorWatsOn

OMG Member
Oct 6, 2010
Hi all, not been on here for a while as I’ve been busy, but anyway Happy New Year to all the XenFans team & members. :)

Just thought I would pop in and post this in case it could be useful for anyone else looking for a CMS solution to go with xF.

Basically, I couldn’t get the WordPress bridge to work and as a complete novice with websites I was also concerned about relying on a free mod for such an important function and the level of support that would be there in the future, so I decided to take a look at Contentteller (Ct).

They have a free 30-day trial version, which gave me a chance to have a play with it and also to test out support on their forums at the same time – both impressed me enough to grab a licence and so over the coming weeks I’ll be building a new site – HERE.

This is very much work in progress and I don’t intend, at least for now, to use all the features that Ct offers, so it’s a fairly basic set-up, but I thought I would share the link over here in case it maybe of interest to anyone.

Fred Sherman, on both the xF & Cf forums, is talking about commissioning a theme/style common to both, which he’ll release free to the community. :cool:

Anyway you can find Contentteller here, and if you look at this thread – I’ve already got a couple of plugs in for XenFans in posts 7 & 9. ;)

Reactions: 2 people

DoctorWatsOn

OMG Member
Oct 6, 2010
Wowie :D
Gonna try that our for sure :D

What you currently see on my development site is very limited, but including installing it I've only spent about four hours on that so far - changing colours to match my xF install, but mainly finding photos that I could crop to match the size I am using for the slideshow - I am like a kid with a new toy at Christmas. :D

Although, I did spend about 16 hours playing with the trail version and asking [sometimes very dumb] questions on their forum before buying the licence, the adminCP is a bit complex for a novice like me, but that's just a learning curve and I am starting to get on top of it nicely. :cool:

EDIT - One of the main reasons that attracted me to Ct, is that mods can be broken by upgrades with xF, whereas I figure as (a) Ct is commercial software and (b) they use xF on their site - anything that gets broken after an upgrade of either xF or Ct will be fixed fairly quickly.

Reactions: 1 person

Vincent_imported

Trusted Member
Dec 1, 2010
Belgium
www.hlxbans.net
What you currently see on my development site is very limited, but including installing it I've only spent about four hours on that so far - changing colours to match my xF install, but mainly finding photos that I could crop to match the size I am using for the slideshow - I am like a kid with a new toy at Christmas. :D

Although, I did spend about 16 hours playing with the trail version and asking [sometimes very dumb] questions on their forum before buying the licence, the adminCP is a bit complex for a novice like me, but that's just a learning curve and I am starting to get on top of it nicely. :cool:

EDIT - One of the main reasons that attracted me to Ct, is that mods can be broken by upgrades with xF, whereas I figure as (a) Ct is commercial software and (b) they use xF on their site - anything that gets broken after an upgrade of either xF or Ct will be fixed fairly quickly.

That attracts me too :D

Status
Not open for further replies.