What are your goals for 2023?

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
macbook pro 14" with m2 chip when they come out? :)
Definitely not! I barely use my laptop for much more than internet browsing so no need to spend lots on one, hopefully looking at £350 or less

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
I need to get my arse into gear.... need to get focused on losing weight again!

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
Welp, with the legal stuff getting delayed YET AGAIN, my goals for Spring and Summer, together with a wedding the end of June, .. has all dramatically changed. I guess I really am alive for other people instead of myself. So, eh yeah. I dunno.. I am trying here, the unvierse can also work in my favour, HELLO WORK IN MY FAVOUR FOR ONCE.. geesh.. but eh, hyeah, so fall season, what will i do.. probably lie inb ed and recover :D

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
Well my plan to be more sociable was going well, however money is getting tougher so I'm not sure how it'll go for the rest of the year

Floris

Staff member
Well my plan to be more sociable was going well, however money is getting tougher so I'm not sure how it'll go for the rest of the year
I was discussing this with an online friend last night. We both had made the effort to be more social, but it is costing too much money. I simply can't afford it. Even just traveling to go to others is tough for me, I don't want to be that person that constantly asks people to come to my place, or help cover cost of just having a coffee somewhere. Or heck, let alone go on vacation on my own for a weekend. Life's stupid like that.

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
New car bought, tax and insurance sorted, car being picked up tomorrow. Saving restarts next month

• Love
Reactions: Nix

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
I'm still spending way too much money on food, Christmas is almost done though, so less spending on that now. But I've fallen into an odd mindset of I must buy stuff to entertain me throughout winter, but I already had plenty to do, however now I have even more jigsaws books, that I'll probably not have time to do. It's not a lot of spending but it all adds up.

I have read a few books lately, but I'm still not reading as much as I would like.

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
Hoping to get credit card paid off by the end of the year, was going to do it next payday, but I've now used it again and don't think I'll be able to until December now. But it will be done and then not used next year unless emergency

Reactions: Nix

Floris

Staff member
Hoping to get credit card paid off by the end of the year, was going to do it next payday, but I've now used it again and don't think I'll be able to until December now. But it will be done and then not used next year unless emergency
fantastic goal, cc paid off. that will be less stress moving into '23.

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
Welp it's not going so great so far and it's nearly the end of the year!!!
Not managed to keep any weight loss off.
Managed to save a bit of money but no where near as much as I had hoped as money keeps on being spent on essentials.

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
Well I got full length mirrors in my room.... all I can say is shitballs!!!

Floris

Staff member
With 2023 just a handful of weeks away, you two okay with me changing the title to 2023?

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
With 2023 just a handful of weeks away, you two okay with me changing the title to 2023?
Have to think about what goals I have for next year, get credit card done with, hopefully I'll have that done this year though. I'm going on holiday though, so pay for that, and spending/new clothes

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
Planned spends for 2023

Things I'd like to save up to get:

Electric toothbrush - mine dies far too quickly now
Larger cat scratching post, he's outgrown the ones he has
Laptop - more of a want than a need as I rarely actually use it these days
Excursions for cruise
Jeans - hoping for a gift card or two from my brother for Christmas for these

Floris

Staff member
m1 and m2 laptops from apple are beasts, go gettum !

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
Forgot about wanting to upgrade the fitbit next year

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
Forgot about wanting to upgrade the fitbit next year
Jinxed it, fitbit has died so hopefully getting a new one today instead. So much for paying off the credit card

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
Got the fitbit, and used Christmas money to pay off credit card. So still poor but debt free again!

Got Next gift card so I can get the new jeans, and possibly undies too!