• Connect today Guest, Join our never resetting minecraft 1.20.4 survival server, where we explore, mine, build, and survive together. We are a family-friendly community, and open to all over the age of 13. Bring friends and make new ones!
    Features include: mcMMO RPG, Rewards for Achievements, a /market, Multiple worlds, sit on a chair, events, Economy, and more. We can't wait to have you join us!

World / Gamemode: /oneblock

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
Hey gamers, our server is called 1MoreBlock, how fitting is it to have a gamemode called Oneblock. Where you spawn into a world like Skyblock, but with only one single block. It's up to you to play and discover what to do next.

Yes, breaking a block can make you fall down into the void and die. That sucks. But it can also spawn a loot chest, or another block, or drop a block, or spawn a mob.

Save what you have, use it wisely, you might need it to build a platform to live on, a house to stay safe from phantoms, a platform to store your items and your farms. You might have to make food farms and animals farms for resources, etc.

The more you build, the bigger your oneblock world (island) will be. Unlike Skyblock with levels, which actually do exist in oneblock, you will have phases!

The /oneblock menu, will have links to commands and features you can execute to find out what phase you're in, to manage your team and stuff like that.

Some Skyblock like features are available, others might not be.

Certain information we don't disclose, you'd have to ask other players to figure it out. Part of the fun of oneblock is discovery and survival.

Oh, tip, if you have your "magical" oneblock, you can keep breaking it. However, WHATEVER spawns might require space to spawn into - If there's not enough space for it, it will break what's there and spawn anyway. So make sure you have like a 3x3 or even better, a 4x4 area around your magical oneblock to avoid losing chests, fences, blocks, etc.

Q: What phases are there?

A: There are 11 phases: Plains, Underground, Winter, Ocean, Jungle, Swamp, Dungeon, Desert, The Nether, Plenty, Desolation, and The End. Each phase features a set of blocks, items, and mobs appropriate for the setting.

Q: How many blocks are there in the 11 phases?

A: There are currently 11 thousand blocks!

Q: What happens after the last phase?

A: The phases repeat.

Q: Why do I keep falling and dying!

A: There are tricks to surviving, but it might be difficult! You need to build defenses.

Q: I can't catch the blocks when I mine them! How do I do that?

A: Yep. It's tough. You can't catch them all, but it is an infinite block!

Q: Why do certain blocks spawn more frequently than others?

A: They just do! You can set the relative probability in the config files in the phases folder.

Q. How do I know which is the magic block?

A. Hit it and it will give out green particles.

Q. My magic block is no longer there! How do I get another one?

A. You will have to place a block there. Worse case, kill yourself and one will be generated.

Q. My magic block is liquid! How can I mine it?

A. Use a bucket.

Q: I lost my lava, it's obsidian now?

A. Use a bucket.

Q: I never get water!

A. Use a cauldron.

Q: Like Skyblock, is the cauldron magic?

A. Yes.

Q: Which mobs can spawn?

A: Each phase has a different set of mobs that can spawn. Be careful because they may push you off! If you listen carefully, you may hear hostile mobs coming.

Q. I have no chance to react to hostile mobs spawning!

A. Be prepared. Listen carefully when you mine a block and you will hear hostile mobs coming before they spawn. If you are in a hostile phase, then expect mobs and build defenses to protect yourself. You can mine a block from quite far away.

Q. When mobs spawn, my defenses are destroyed! Why?

A. Mobs make space to spawn. If there's anything in the way, it'll be broken and dropped. You'll have to build accordingly.

Q: Do chests spawn?

A: Yes. Chests spawn with random items in them from the current phase. There are common, uncommon, rare and epic chests. Chests with sparkles are good.

Q: Is it possible to reach the Nether or End in this map?

A: No. Floris is mean like that. If this limits your gameplay, complain about it in this thread.

Q: What is the end goal?

A: It's whatever you want it to be! Mainly fun :)

You can live stream your oneblock experience, or make videos, post them here in THIS thread to get a shulker box with goodies in your oneblock world.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPHwBBh2_mg

Challenges? Yeh, there might be a few I think.
Greenhouse? Yeh, it might work.