Welcome to OMG boards community!
Community of friends where we talk about daily life, offtopic stuff, and what keeps us busy.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

1. Connect today Guest, to explore, mine, build and survive.
    1MB is a public, family-friendly #minecraft survival server, version 1.13.2.
    We're small, but have a friendly face. Invite your friends and come play!
    Features include: mcMMO RPG, Rewards for Achievements, a /market,
    Multiple worlds, sit on a chair, events, Economy, and more.

1MB Chat format survey

Discussion in 'MineCraft' started by Floris, Jan 2, 2019.

1. Floris

Floris I'm just me :) Hi. Staff Member

Threads:
    Hey everybody,

We've received a request from a player to reconsider the visual mark-up of the chat format.

To be honest, we have no plans to change this, and I can't guarantee with 500 supporting votes for example that it will happen. But we're always open to consider user-feedback.

ST4TiK wanted to ask you all if you could please fill out this survey to share your opinion.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfKbpZhNecLhtR_zr64kRXOW7TOXbU7fNUMulKuM2nFnwhd0g/viewform

Right now we have a darker color without brackets around the world etc, to display the world. The ranks/groups are presented by a color on the playername, and the playername has < . >around them.

His suggestion is to add brackets around the world, and remove the < > around the player. Flipping things around a bit.

I honestly think it's just a personal preference, I see no particular downside to how we have it now, there's hardly any space-gain, and visually I like it more myself that the world is easy to read without brackets around it, and how a <player> looks like this, which also visually is more appealing to me personal.

I also don't see a downside to changing, besides it being an unnecessary change as we can't please everybody. Some players don't want < > others don't want [ ] and some want it all in 1 color and within ( ) .. so yeh.

But that's just my opinion. What's yours?

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfKbpZhNecLhtR_zr64kRXOW7TOXbU7fNUMulKuM2nFnwhd0g/viewform

Here's the survey, I will let it run for a while, and take any feedback under consideration for the next time we run an update on our chat feature.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice