• Connect today Guest, Join our never resetting minecraft 1.20.4 survival server, where we explore, mine, build, and survive together. We are a family-friendly community, and open to all over the age of 13. Bring friends and make new ones!
    Features include: mcMMO RPG, Rewards for Achievements, a /market, Multiple worlds, sit on a chair, events, Economy, and more. We can't wait to have you join us!

1MB Chat format survey

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
Hey everybody,

We've received a request from a player to reconsider the visual mark-up of the chat format.

To be honest, we have no plans to change this, and I can't guarantee with 500 supporting votes for example that it will happen. But we're always open to consider user-feedback.

ST4TiK wanted to ask you all if you could please fill out this survey to share your opinion.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfKbpZhNecLhtR_zr64kRXOW7TOXbU7fNUMulKuM2nFnwhd0g/viewform

Right now we have a darker color without brackets around the world etc, to display the world. The ranks/groups are presented by a color on the playername, and the playername has < . >around them.

His suggestion is to add brackets around the world, and remove the < > around the player. Flipping things around a bit.

I honestly think it's just a personal preference, I see no particular downside to how we have it now, there's hardly any space-gain, and visually I like it more myself that the world is easy to read without brackets around it, and how a <player> looks like this, which also visually is more appealing to me personal.

I also don't see a downside to changing, besides it being an unnecessary change as we can't please everybody. Some players don't want < > others don't want [ ] and some want it all in 1 color and within ( ) .. so yeh.

But that's just my opinion. What's yours?

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfKbpZhNecLhtR_zr64kRXOW7TOXbU7fNUMulKuM2nFnwhd0g/viewform

Here's the survey, I will let it run for a while, and take any feedback under consideration for the next time we run an update on our chat feature.