Christmas shoppings: Why is it so stressful?

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
Nothing more to buy for Christmas this month, so it's wrapping and card writing to do instead.
I need to get some chocolate for a posted one, but that can be next month, depends on if I go to the shops

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
My only progress for Christmas was telling that I am probably not interested, only to be kinda ignored I guess, as I recently got invited to be free to participate in a Christmas dinner. Oh well. I will try to join. Having more and stronger mixed feelings about celebrating anything.

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
I need to start making a huge dent... like start and finish!!
Tomorrow I'll activate my shopping cards and start with Abbs Bday presents and a few Xmas.

Floris

Staff member
i got a gift for my brother-in-law, after spending nearly 2 hours online shopping, I found out nothing is in stock, has customs import fees higher than the product's value, or it's just expensive as a fun little gift. I ended up with 1 item in the list, and decided to buy it, .. i rly don't like this crap around Christmas. lol

Floris

Staff member
shared gift for em/fa sorted, sister is left.

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
Started wrapping up the presents!!

Next weekend I'll start putting out the decorations, I'll build them up over a few weeks

Floris

Staff member
Despite my initial thoughts about this, I am slowly getting into the spirit for dutch sinterklaas and maybe even Christmas.
I have some presents for sinterklaas, none of Christmas, our family generally only does gifts at the sinterklaas event. and have dinner on Christmas.

Even with very cheap gifts, I probably already spent more than I want and have budget for. things are so expensive .. even wrapping is easily 10 bucks, while it was 5 for 5 back in the day. and we'd use the wrapping paper for 2 or 3 years. anyway, it is what it is.

Reactions: Nix

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
I have 4 people left to do and a huge load of wrapping!

Floris

Staff member
I have one more delivery tomorrow for the Dutch Sintrerklaas. And then I have to do something with that stuff .. everything else I buy now is 100% for me haha.

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
All except one present wrapped, and I'll wrap that once I remember where I put it!

Started to put the decorations out, but I have to hunt down where I put some of those too!

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
Need to get cards written and posted
I've just done that but don't think the gifts abroad will make it before Christmas :/

I'm done with presents now.....just got to wrap everything!

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
Just got to deliver one birthday/Christmas present on Monday, and take dad's over on Christmas day. Must get a card for the birthday one though

Floris

Staff member
I solved christmas, will order dinner for myself - and instead of not celebrating it at all on my own, I will be having a 100% offline day - day off, where I cook myself dinner and enjoy 'christmas', maybe it's time for a different mindset and just realise I can perhaps have my own chirstmas, without others. And then my sister invited me, will be going to her on 26th for a chrsitmas dinner. She said she had gifts, I said I was broke, but gave her 20 bucks to help out with paying for gas to pick me up, to get dinner ingredients, and so I don't feel guilty for not having a gift, DONE..i can let that go mentally as well and just enjoy that day too.

And that's probably all I will do for Christmas, besides watching die hard of course, and having rum in my hot chocolate.

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
I've seen a few things online that I'm tempted to get for Christmas

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
I've started gathering lists for people.

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
My friend's favourite animal is a pigeon, so I've been finding little pigeon related bits for her Christmas present.

• Haha

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
Definitely started to think about presents now. I'm not spending as much this year.

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
I have bought one persons present, I was getting ideas on Etsy and there was 1 available and it's perfect, slightly over budget for that person, but I don't mind that.