Christmas shoppings: Why is it so stressful?

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
I think this year I want to go to a vacation home, rent myself a little tiny-house sort of thing for a week and just escape life. Be alone for Christmas, for some 'me' time.

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
Just got a small delivery from TEMU with some gifts inside... just to pad out main gifts probably bought elsewhere. Some cute little thingys!

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
Bought a few more bits this month, got one when I was away so bought a little extra gift to go with it.

I want to get my mum and brother finished next month. Haven't really thought about what to get my dad yet, maybe a plant or something for the garden.

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
I got mum a diamond art kit when we were away and was going to get an accessory kit to go with it for Christmas. I go over there yesterday and see she's already started on it! Grrr! That was meant to be for Christmas!

• Wow
Reactions: Nix

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
I keep getting interested in shopping for Christmas things, but then real life kicks in and ruins my plans and motivation. I am currently convinced again that I just wanna be left alone or something this Christmas.

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
The Range - Christmas decs hehe in pink!

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
I did some more wrapping last night, good to get it done and see what I have got for people so far

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
I get my davings in 1 month so in 1 month I can finish Christmas shopping but.... I need to be a lot tighter with gifts this year as money is grim.

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
Change of plan for my mother, but I've ordered her gifts. Another person ticked off the list.
I'm not going to buy anything more for Christmas this month.

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
Just paid my last payment into Christmas savings so should get the mastercard at the end of the month

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
My mother's gifts have arrived, so they are now wrapped and another person ticked off the list.

I'm probably half way through now

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
I've had a bigger one of Abbs turn up and a few smaller bits for people. I'll have to start getting organised soon.

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
Nearly finished just got to wrap up and get a few more bits for Abbs and G

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
I'm waiting for things to arrive, then I'll get those wrapped. Then it's just a few left to get. Still no idea what to get my dad though.

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
I'm waiting for things to arrive, then I'll get those wrapped. Then it's just a few left to get. Still no idea what to get my dad though.
Yeah I have no idea about G or what to top Abbs up with... mind you still dunno if its just me and Abbs for xmas yet or not

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
I'm done! Just got to wrap everything and post stuff and do cards!

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
I'm wrapping as soon as a person is done, so no big lot of wrapping to do.

I still have no clue what to get my dad.

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
That's what I should do really but oh well!!

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
All presents are wrapped, waiting on one to arrive this week then I'll get that wrapped. Then it's just waiting for payday before I can get the last few bought.
I've started writing the cards as well, need to start locating addresses for people. I don't write many cards though.

Going to start the big clean up and reorganisation of the living room ready for the Christmas decorations to go up.

• Love

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
I plan on starting wrapping an writing cards towards the end of next week. Plus decorating as much as I can with the cats!!

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
Everyone is now bought, might get an extra one for dad and possibly the cat! However I'm otherwise done, just waiting for things to arrive now to finish the wrapping.

I've started to put decorations up as well. Must get more batteries.

• Love

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
The pathetic amount of decorating has been donw. Outside lights we'll do in a min or two.
Cards written ready to post but got a couple of gifts to wrap and get ready to post first.
Shit loads of wrapping to do but I;ll break that down to the following;
Stocking & Eve box
Abbs Bday
Abbs Christmas
Friends
Family