Healthy lifestyle, vegan

Joan

Don't Blink
Donator
Curry and me are apparently not a good combo, I'll stick to a jar of it I think! However a vegan hot chocolate with coconut milk is great!

Reactions: Nix

Joan

Don't Blink
Donator
Spice is bad for a sensitive tummy :(
Hot choc sounds good.
It didn't taste of anything but coconut milk! I needed more spice! and the sauce was so thin, the recipe said add more water if you want a thinner sauce, it was so thin anyway!

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
Balance is important, coc milk does not have the same effect as full creamy milk unfortn. It's hard to balance. I have been trying in the last few weeks and had various results. Don't give up! The perfect balance of ingredients can really lead to delish

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
It didn't taste of anything but coconut milk! I needed more spice! and the sauce was so thin, the recipe said add more water if you want a thinner sauce, it was so thin anyway!
I make curry from scratch, so so so much better! I make a chicken/veg/coconut creamy curry.

Joan

Don't Blink
Donator
I got a great deal on the airfryer, I got it free! Haven't actually used it yet, but I only need a lemon and some cornstarch for that recipe.

Floris

Staff member
I got a great deal on the airfryer, I got it free! Haven't actually used it yet, but I only need a lemon and some cornstarch for that recipe.
JELLY
That's a great deal indeed.

Joan

Don't Blink
Donator
I'm into week 3 of plant based foods, and so far it's going well, I'm not checking labels so I know that I'm had little dairy here and there, but on the whole it's been no meat and dairy. I didn't think I would get used to not having cows milk in my tea, but I'm already used to the soya milk now. It is the takeaway that I'm fearing, that time when I really just want crap to eat, so far I'm good and I did enjoy the lemon tofu I made the other day and the bacon Pringles too (yep they're vegan) plus I know several sweet recipes that I can easily make.

Floris

Staff member
I got vegan protein bars with all sorts of goodies in it to make it delicious. I have one every day, sometimes as a food replacement (breakfast).

Joan

Don't Blink
Donator
There's meat in the house, it's cat food though so I have no interest in eating it!

Floris

Staff member
There's meat in the house, it's cat food though so I have no interest in eating it!
I mean .. if it wouldn't smell like death ..

There's actually patte for crackers that honestly smells like cat food, and no, i refuse to eat it, no matter how delicious it is. Same with catfood that would smell delicious, i wouldn't eat it. hehe