How is everyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
Hello,

Well it does say off-topic is ok, so, how is everyone? What ya up to?

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
That's fine. The year has officially started, we're crafting and mining and wasting our time with friends. I am doing about okay, haha. And just happy the server is currently all up to date.

Up to ? .. erhm. My hobbies! So keep an eye on my insta/face/stuff

Floris

Staff member
Hey Iestyn, nice to see you post on the forums :) Maybe we will soon see you again as well on omgboards.com :)

Aussie

OMG Member
I had a great day today but exhausted now!

I went to the local show, it was so good! I had a really enjoyable time. I introduced myself to the horse ladies and got offered a job starting after easter... that is the 3rd (or 4th ) job I have been offered, I have only been in town 2 weeks! And I've barely left the house. Its like they hear I live alone and think I must have all this time to fill up haha.

Tonight I am making bacon and eggs and looking forward to sleep.

Floris

Staff member
Having my friday turned terrible, I am not motivated to be positive etc. So, won't be posting much today, and probably a massive posting burst tomorrow to get the energy out. Saturday.. I might just get drunk and end up in cuba or something.

Mikey

:mikey:
Staff member
I am off this week so I will be probably coding from home instead of coding from work.

go figure! !!±±±±

Aussie

OMG Member
Well - I need a kick up the bum to get me going today - and a phone call made it happen.. in that the phone died as soon as I answered and then I had to run around furiously first thing in the morning to find a charger (it was an important call) .

Anyway - I woke up and got dressed in time for the national broadband network men to come in. They were lovely and did a lovely job inside - very neat and tidy. I now have NBN connection - but the modem has not yet arrived. So, no broadband internet yet. It could be at the post office, but I havent got enough money to order a post box yet so I will wait til I do and do it all in one. (wont be long)

After that I let the rabbit free until she started eating the carpet. I decided to get her some real food, so went for a drive to the nearest shop (approx 100km round trip). I really enjoyed the drive. The pet shop was shut, so she got gourmet salad mix and kale from the co - op and I brought a steak for dinner tonight.

I thought I would get some beer to attempt to control the snail plague in my garden, and ended up drinking most myself - but it is jolly good cos I got a lot of gardening done. I have made beer ponds for the snails to drown in. I've put planks of wood for them to hide under (so I can later drown them) and I have a big bucket of soapy water which has about 60 odd handpicked drowned snails in. I dont think I will water today but its hard to tell! The nights are cool but the days warmish.

Aussie

OMG Member
Erm sorry for the double post! I couldnt see the delete? Perhaps a bit blind :starryeyes::cute::cool: haha love the emojis tho

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
Well I'm feeling sorry for myself at the moment. Back to hospital for the new leg brace tomorrow and on crutches for 6 - 8 weeks :( I hate being alone as I have no help for anything so rest isn't guna happen is it? lol see told you I was feeling sorry for myself :p

Floris

Staff member
Well I'm feeling sorry for myself at the moment. Back to hospital for the new leg brace tomorrow and on crutches for 6 - 8 weeks :( I hate being alone as I have no help for anything so rest isn't guna happen is it? lol see told you I was feeling sorry for myself :p
Sorry to hear your knee is not good and that you are down with crotches. I hope it resolves properly over time and you're running around town again in no time.

Mikey

Staff member
I have been out and about all day. Finally home but I have hospital tomorrow. SIGH.

Floris

Staff member
Hospital? Oh noez! Another one that needs a hospital visit.

Elizabeth

Professional Dragon Egg Hunter
Patron
I had a doctors appointment today to get a copy of my records to fill out college health forms so yay that went well!

BUT of course, with every good thing comes the bad. I wanted a refill on my old acne medication that I ran out of two years ago. Parents couldn't afford it because of no insurance at the time so I just dealt with the acne. But we got new insurance a couple months ago so I was so pumped, I can get my medicine and have clear skin again!

Well, doctor agreed to give me a refill and sent it off the the pharmacy. I arrive to get the bottle and yeah.. new insurance will not cover it. Well thats okay, I can pay for it and yeah nope... $400 if I want the bottle. I just left and cry the whole way home and skipped out on going to school today because of my disappointment.

Fuck America's healthcare system. Need the insurance or you get fined at end of year in taxes. Or you can get insurance and pay them to cover nothing! It's wonderful!

Floris

Staff member
Crazy, and to top it, liz, those meds are probably a third of the money here, .. and if not, they are probably covered.
Insurance is mandatory for myself, I can't get my pay without it. Obviously. But it feels like I am just throwing money away. Everything is slowly changing, and not in my favor.
$400 is a big pill to swallow (get it?) maybe we should start a go fund me campaign for you :)

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
Finally got the internet working on the laptop again, okay it was only about 2 days, but I haven't have time til tonight to figure out what was wrong with it, stupid windows 10!

I'm not doing too badly pain level wise, managed to get through today without too many painkillers, body has finally gotten over the physio.

I have a new mattress too, although it's not actually going on the bed til tomorrow, as I need to get rid of the old one first, but it's here and feeling lovely!

Floris

Staff member
Yay, you're back! Glad to hear the Internet works and you got online again. Windows 10 being Windows 10 I see :p

Everybody is in pain these days, and about the mattress, I need one! I have been looking into affordable ones, but ugh, what a saturated market. And it's so expensive when you're 194cm and they only go to 200cm, and the max is 240. The 240 ones are so much more expensive, and like 5 weeks wait time. NAH not gonna happen.

Mikey

Staff member
I have a new mattress too, although it's not actually going on the bed til tomorrow, as I need to get rid of the old one first, but it's here and feeling lovely!

My mattress doesn't even have springs. it is just foam.

Aussie

OMG Member
OH I have joined at the right time! I am also upset with my mattress. Its barely a year old - but not broken in, and far too firm for me. I need to lay on my back to heal bits and pieces of myself but the firm mattress causes a lot of pressure on the disc and I cant feel my legs! So I tend to lay on my side, which just twists my spine which is probably worse. But when I say I dont sleep well - I mean it - full on mania type not sleep well so I usually sacrifice my back for my sleep comfort (sprawled on my side :p ). I have just started a new treatment so I am super keen to get the mattress comfy enough.

One thing I have noticed since I have moved - having the mattress on the floor is a good and comfortable height for me to build muscle at. Its a taller than normal mattress as it has "pillowtop" but on my old bed base it was very high. Its a easier time to get in and out of now - so I am considering getting a slate type or low height bed base for the next one.

I am thinking about Koala mattresses - I get night sweats so something that stays cool would be worth trying for me - and it seems cheaper than others - which means I dont really mind if the foam stuff doesnt last as long. I will only need it until the main mattress has enough guest sleep in it to make it comfy enough for me. :D

@Elizabeth - is that ro -accutane or similar occutane? I was prescribed that many years ago - I can tell you what cleared up my acne if you are interested, it was not that drug.

Status
Not open for further replies.