Welcome to OMG boards community!
Community of friends where we talk about daily life, offtopic stuff, and what keeps us busy.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

iPod - Yes or No?

Discussion in 'Ear Ecstasy' started by Lucius, Jan 12, 2010.

1. Lucius

Lucius <3 Katy

Threads:
    Likes Gained:
    iPod - Yes or No?

Do you have an iPod? If so, what do you like about it, if not, why don't you have one? :)

---------- Post added at 02:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 PM ----------

I'll start;

I don't have an iPod cos I can't afford one, and I don't want iTunes on my computer :(

I have a mp4 player from sony and it works alot better :)

2. OP
    Lucius

Lucius <3 Katy

Threads:
    Likes Gained:
    iPod - Yes or No?

Do you have an iPod? If so, what do you like about it, if not, why don't you have one? :)

---------- Post added at 02:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 PM ----------

I'll start;

I don't have an iPod cos I can't afford one, and I don't want iTunes on my computer :(

I have a mp4 player from sony and it works alot better :)

3. GateCrusher420

GateCrusher420 OMG Member

Threads:
    Likes Gained:
    Re: iPod - Yes or No?

Actually, I mostly use my Creative Zen Vision W, but when I'm at a competition, I <3 my iTouch. It's responsiveness = win. Gotta get the timing right in those dbDrags.

4. GateCrusher420

Threads:
    Likes Gained:

Actually, I mostly use my Creative Zen Vision W, but when I'm at a competition, I <3 my iTouch. It's responsiveness = win. Gotta get the timing right in those dbDrags.

5. That Girl Nad

That Girl Nad Manga Artist

Threads:
    Likes Gained:

I have the origional 2GB IPod Nano and i love it, music is my life so i take it evrywhere with me, i feel wierd if I don't have it with me :)

6. That Girl Nad

Threads:
    Likes Gained:

I have the origional 2GB IPod Nano and i love it, music is my life so i take it evrywhere with me, i feel wierd if I don't have it with me :)

7. Rasher

Rasher Junior Member

Threads:
    Likes Gained:

I don't have an iPod, but I don't really hate it either. Currently, I'm making do with a "shuffle" like MP3 player. It's ok, and gets me by. I don't really listen to Music a lot while out of the house.

8. Rasher

Rasher Junior Member

Threads:
    Likes Gained:

I don't have an iPod, but I don't really hate it either. Currently, I'm making do with a "shuffle" like MP3 player. It's ok, and gets me by. I don't really listen to Music a lot while out of the house.

9. Fetter

Fetter More fun than a barrel of STDs

Threads:
    Likes Gained:

The only reason I use and have an iPod is for size alone. I've got a massive collection, and having 160 gigabytes of it with me wherever I go is excellent.

The thing I don't like about iPods though is the fact that it only supports two formats. I've got .flac, .wma, .ogg, a bunch of file types and unfortunately I can't listen to them on my mp3 player unless I convert it to mp4 or mp3, which is a pain in the ass.

Plus they break really easily. Each iPod I've had has ended up breaking a little over a year after I buy it.

10. Fetter

Fetter More fun than a barrel of STDs

Threads:
    Likes Gained:

The only reason I use and have an iPod is for size alone. I've got a massive collection, and having 160 gigabytes of it with me wherever I go is excellent.

The thing I don't like about iPods though is the fact that it only supports two formats. I've got .flac, .wma, .ogg, a bunch of file types and unfortunately I can't listen to them on my mp3 player unless I convert it to mp4 or mp3, which is a pain in the ass.

Plus they break really easily. Each iPod I've had has ended up breaking a little over a year after I buy it.

11. InstantChaos

InstantChaos Junior Member

Threads:
    Likes Gained:

no i do not have an ipod and im not planning on getting one since i have a psp that can play music

12. InstantChaos

InstantChaos Junior Member

Threads:
    Likes Gained:

no i do not have an ipod and im not planning on getting one since i have a psp that can play music

13. Apoc

Apoc Junior Member

Threads:
    Likes Gained:

Yeah. I have an iPod nano and it's awesome! Shuffling when you flick it is a bit useless though. I turned that option off.

14. Apoc

Apoc Junior Member

Threads:
    Likes Gained:

Yeah. I have an iPod nano and it's awesome! Shuffling when you flick it is a bit useless though. I turned that option off.

15. Capital Omega

Capital Omega GONE

Threads:
    Likes Gained:

Not the best little gadget around but they're good on long car journeys. :cool:

16. Capital Omega

Capital Omega GONE

Threads:
    Likes Gained:

Not the best little gadget around but they're good on long car journeys. :cool:

17. Mikey

Mikey :mikey: Staff Member

Threads:
    Likes Gained:

Anyone tried teh zen? I'm not sure if there was a thread around here about it, butI have a creative zen mp3, and a small mp4 player by an unknown company, and they work well for me :p The Zen Stone I have, it has a speaker, and is small. Wicked really :o

18. Mikey

Mikey :mikey: Staff Member

Threads:
    Likes Gained:

Anyone tried teh zen? I'm not sure if there was a thread around here about it, butI have a creative zen mp3, and a small mp4 player by an unknown company, and they work well for me :p The Zen Stone I have, it has a speaker, and is small. Wicked really :o

19. That Girl Nad

Threads:
    Likes Gained:

@Mikey

i might look into it lol, love for you <3

20. That Girl Nad

Threads:
    Likes Gained:

@Mikey

i might look into it lol, love for you <3

21. Doggy

Doggy Cool Member

Threads:
    Likes Gained:

I don't have one but i would love to get one

22. Doggy

Doggy Cool Member

Threads:
    Likes Gained:

I don't have one but i would love to get one

23. GateCrusher420

Threads:
    Likes Gained:

If I were a first time iPod user and was a tad squeamish about getting the iTouch, I'd get one of the newest releases of the regular hard drive iPod. I have a 160GB iPod Classic and love it to death. It's my baby when I take it on the road. I also have a 64GB iTouch. I only take the iTouch out for web browsing when I can't use my laptop or for competitions when I need the responsiveness to start songs. The Classic = epic win.

24. GateCrusher420

Threads:
    Likes Gained:

If I were a first time iPod user and was a tad squeamish about getting the iTouch, I'd get one of the newest releases of the regular hard drive iPod. I have a 160GB iPod Classic and love it to death. It's my baby when I take it on the road. I also have a 64GB iTouch. I only take the iTouch out for web browsing when I can't use my laptop or for competitions when I need the responsiveness to start songs. The Classic = epic win.