Welcome to OMG boards community!
Community of friends where we talk about daily life, offtopic stuff, and what keeps us busy.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

1. Connect today Guest, to explore, mine, build and survive.
    1MB is a public, family-friendly #minecraft survival server, version 1.16.5.
    We're small, but have a friendly face. Invite your friends and come play!
    Features include: mcMMO RPG, Rewards for Achievements, a /market,
    Multiple worlds, sit on a chair, events, Economy, and more.

Minecraft History

Discussion in '1MoreBlock.com Information' started by Floris, Dec 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OP
    Floris

Floris I'm just me :) Hi. Staff Member

Update September 2020:

We've completed the shift from Spigot to Paper and the plugins are up to date for 1.16.3 it seems. We hope this helps us make a stable base that we can play on until 1.16.4 or higher, or even 1.17. The changelogs have all the specifics.

Internal version is now 1MB 2.8.3, for Minecraft, running Paper 1.16.3, ready for end of year events.

2. OP
    Floris

Update November 2020:

Mojang has announced 1.17 for Summer 2021. This means we will be upgrading to that hopefully and using this time to enjoy 1.16.x as is, working on stability. This fall season we're doing events, and in between events we're doing hardware and software maintenance that help overall performance.

Mojang has also announced Minecraft 1.16.4. This means we since we're on 1.16.3 that we are looking into supporting this version soon. We might regenerate a couple of worlds, mainly our resource worlds. This will be part of 1MB 2.8.4.

Today we've had a network update and this benefits the 1MoreBlock Minecraft server. We replaced all the local cables with new optical cables and connections. Supporting newer frequences, speeds, etc. We've moved from docsis 3.0 to 3.1, helping us boost significantly. I've also taken the opportunity to update macOS Catalina prior to Big Sur to its latest release that came out today.

Now both hardware and software, apps, and involved services are on their latest (possible) version, tests are showing things are running smoothly. And that would sign off the end of 1MB 2.8.3, for 1.16.3, and our next update is for 1.16.4 this fall season, and otherwise this winter season update (there's no real rush).

Another dedicated 100/10mbit has been allocated towards Minecraft to deal with overhead. The Minecraft server now has access to the today's installed gbit docsis 3.1 connection. Due to Covid-19 coming back this November, we didn't want to wait installing this with the risk of a lockdown. So this is part 1MB 2.8.3 but it's kinda already 2.8.4.

Starting with 1MB 2.8.3 we will start to introduce support for the upcoming Mojang MSA Account Migration as also recently announced by Mojang.

3. OP
    Floris

Update November 2020:

We've finalized 1MB version 2.8.4, and have upgraded to Paper 1.16.4 today.

The server engines, core plugins, main features, and supporting plugins have been updated and tested (for what we can) on 1.16.4.

The hardware/software upgrade has also completed for now. I have no intention right now to expand or change this, but will make plans for the Winter update in January to nitpick/tweak the network and server configurations.

With the next version being 1.17 probably next year, and the upcoming MSA migration by Mojang, we are going to be on 1.16.4 for a while unless something unexpected happens or there's a reason to upgrade to 1.16.5.

Resource worlds might get reset today as well, we're still reviewing.

We will try to work on rebuilding /Souls and make it proper live.

We will announce that /Wild will be discontinued until 1.17.

4. OP
    Floris

Update January 1st, 2021:

We've updated the 1MB server to our internal version 2.8.5, to start the Winter Update for 2020/2021. This is also because this year we're a ten year old community.

1MoreBlock.com version 2.8.5, for Minecraft 1.16, running Paper 1.16.4, ready for Minecraft 1.17 later in 2021 hopefully.

5. OP
    Floris

Update January 16th, 2021:

Dupe, exploit, maintenance, villager, and other fixes, as well as crash fixes by Mojang and the community. We've bumped our version from .5 to 1MB 2.8.6, and our Minecraft version from .4 to 1.16.5.

Congratulations 1MB, for 10 years :)

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice