• Connect today Guest, Join our never resetting minecraft 1.20.4 survival server, where we explore, mine, build, and survive together. We are a family-friendly community, and open to all over the age of 13. Bring friends and make new ones!
    Features include: mcMMO RPG, Rewards for Achievements, a /market, Multiple worlds, sit on a chair, events, Economy, and more. We can't wait to have you join us!

over Spooky October - Halloween Month

Status
Not open for further replies.

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
Throughout the month October (2022) you will find the server being slightly different than the other months of the year.

Maybe there's some ghosts, a Halloween event at the end of it, and extra games, booster events, and .. well, candy, as much candy as there are ghosts!

October 1st : 1MB FUN BOT, to balance out the spookeyness.
- You will notice the 1MB Fun bot throwing out more questions than ever before, not only that. There are four more game modes besides trivia, flash cards, unscramble, and hangman. We now will have challenges .. the first to consume (eat) a certain item. The first to place or break a block. And the first to kill a certain entity. Some seem impossible, some challenges are super easy. The prizes, well, they're fun!
Screen-Shot 2022-10-01 at 20.49.39.png
October 1st : FISHING TOURNAMENTS, can you survive the crab attack?
- Active players noticed a spontaneous test of the fishing tournaments that are scheduled for certain days throughout this month. Some even participated. Some got attacked by scary crabs, and some won first prize for fishing the longest fish.
Missing it/ No worries!
- Schedule: When the day of the 6th ends at midnight, October 7th, will have another one. You can check with /servertime what the Dutch time is. It will announce it automatically in #events on discord.gg/floris 5 minutes before it starts.
- Schedule: The 7th isn't the only date, the 14th and 21st are also on the agenda to automatically start a fishing tournament.
- Prizes: Rewards are paid automatically to the person who catches the longest fish, 2nd place and 3rd place winners will also get some goodies. And you even get a thank you reward for simply participating.
Screen-Shot 2022-10-01 at 20.31.11.png
October 1st : YES, We don't stop there! LETS VOTE !
- This isn't /vote, this is about the new polls we've recently posted in our Discord #polls channel. We are about to make some changes to the server, but not without your input. Do you want to make the server more dangerous? Easier? Cooler? Pick yes or no in the reactions and help us choose what to do moving forward with the server.
Screen-Shot 2022-10-01 at 20.32.10.png

October 1st : It doesn't stop here! GIVEAWAYS !!
- The giveaways for October have started, from Discord Nitro to in-game Points, and more. Join our Discord and find the #giveaways channel and figure out which of the 12+ giveaways you want to participate in. The bot has end-dates spread around the month, with nitro at the end. So you can't miss out.
Screen-Shot 2022-10-01 at 20.32.47.png

October 1st : GIIIAAAANNTSSSS roam the worlds.
- You heard me, you will be in /general, or /wild, and there's even a chance in /oneblock and /skyblock (super dangerous!) where a GIANT can spawn and target you if you're nearby enough. They will damage you greatly, give you knockback you've never seen before. And if you make any progress killing it, it will call in the help of minions to prevent you from winning the fight. ARE YOU GOOD ENOUGH TO SURVIVE IN SPOOKY OCTOBER?
Screen-Shot 2022-10-01 at 20.27.28.png
October 1st : JOBS BOOSTER AT MAX
- Yep, This Saturday, RIGHT NOW, if you like your ingame Jobs! You can earn so many points. AND YOU WANT THEM, because when we update the /jobs shop in October, November, adn December, you might want to spend those points. You can already get a bedrock pickaxe with it. This will be one of the FEW unique times THiS year that the boosters for jobs will be just stupid high. Probably mcMMO on Sunday btw!
Screen-Shot 2022-10-01 at 20.28.11.png

October 1st : SPECIAL /RUN GAME
Well, it's the same one, but with three spawners for the winners of two games! it starts in 4 hours @ Saturday, October 1, 2022 11:59 PM (ingame you can type /servertime to keep an eye on it) Requirements: We need at least 5 players to start the run game. Prizes: Regular rewards for winning, three spawners, netherite block, and it doesn't matter which world you want your rewards in. This includes oneblock!
Screen-Shot 2022-10-01 at 20.34.27.png
Please stay safe, you can easily lose your life on the server, your exp, and in some words even your items in lava or the void. It's a spooky month after all.

What's more to come? Keep an eye on #announcements and #events on Discord, and this thread of course!

Because we will have more bosses in certain worlds, maybe other types of tournaments, new features, server improvements, boosters of all sorts, random drop parties maybe, scary scary ghosts, and Halloween-themed features. And eventually at the end of the month, a Halloween weekend from Friday evening to Tuesday morning.

I will update this thread and the appropriate discord channels when there's more news to share! And the on-join welcome message on the game will have a link to this thread and an invite to our discord. It's impossible to miss out!

And that's not all, in November we will continue the fun on the server, ending with a Thanksgiving event, quickly followed in December with a Holiday Season month with daily advent, and end it with a gift from Santa the server owner under the tree, JUST for YOu!

Last edited:

Floris

Staff member
- Update: the BOOSTER for JOBS is now live !!
It is set to 7x

Floris

Staff member
October 2nd : BOOSTERS and BOOSTERS

The /run game went a bit wrong, i was unable to make it online at midnight - but if i see enough ppl to start a game on sunday, (today) then I will manually start it, maybe a few times.

Give-away has finished, the bot picked nikkipixel as winner from the participants for the bedrock pickaxe, congrats. The item is now in your inventory nikki.

There are still 12+ giveaways that everybody can participate in. best of luck,

The 7x boosters for jobs have now expired.

The mcMMO 7x booster is now live for a while. And will be live on/off throughout Sunday.

Last edited:

Floris

Staff member
October 3rd : UPDATE on the last 2 days

- The weekend boosters have now ended
- The /run game unfortn. didn't happen (my fault)
- First give-away was won by Nikkipixel (bedrock pickaxe)
- Boosters were on and off various times, up to 7 !! Many have used this to level up quick, gg.
- Polls are still there, more giveaways are in the queue, and giants still roam the world.
- Stay tuned for more spooky October news!

October 3rd : HALLOWEEN PREFIX

- If you join during October you will automatically earn the Halloween prefix.
Note: This will disappear after October, but you can flex with it on social media, youtube videos or Discord screenshots, that you got it.
Note: prefixes are very rare on our server, they usually only get used during events.

Last edited:

Floris

Staff member
October 4th : Pumpkin Powered Mobs

You will notice it's a bit less safe in most worlds. There are now mobs that wear pumpkin heads, these are the 1MB Pumpkin Powered Mobs. They might survive sunlight and haunt you during the daytime.

Stay safe everybody! Because these Halloween monsters are out to get you.

October 4th : Giveaway winner

The Island size bump giveaway has ended, the bot picked Nikkipixel, congrats. The next time we're both online I will make sure your island get a bump of +25 blocks.

Last edited:

Floris

Staff member
October 5th : Discord Triple Booster

Each minute you have chatted on our Discord channels you earn a bit of exp. Over time you level up. You can climb all the way to the level leaderboard, or just collect the harder-to-get roles. Eventually, those will sync back into the game as well.

Today we've enabled 3x (triple) exp boosters for Discord!

You can check your !levels and !rank in #bot-commands on Discord :)

Floris

Staff member
October 6th : Giveaway #3 winner: Nikkipixel

Eh, not many participate in the giveaways, nikki sure did. The bot picked her coincidentally yet again. She won the barre of exp.
I swear it's not rigged, we only offer the giveaway, the bot deals with the rest. I can't even see who participated. Congrats nikki, haha.

Also, the island expand +25 reward for nikki has been paid out now.

Floris

Staff member
October 7th : Fishing Tournament #2 (of 4)

When the 6th turned the 7th, at midnight, we had a fishing tournament.

October 7th : Giveaway time again

When the 7th turns the 8th, at midnight, the next giveaway "FROG NPC" will announce the winner;

Floris

Staff member
October 8th : Discord'O'Lantern

The team members and bots, and some special players will receive the discord o lantern as prefix to their name.
Throughout the week more active players will get theirs. Of course, you can beat us to it and see if you can change your nickname yourself.

Last edited:

Floris

Staff member
October 9th : Monsters from the ground

There's a chance at night that monsters will spawn from the ground and target you.

*Raise Monsters from the Ground*

- When a Zombie spawns there is a small chance that a ChickenJockey will spawn.
- A chicken jockey is a baby zombie, zombie pigman, zombie villager or husk riding a chicken.
- When a Skeleton spawns there is a small chance that a SkeletonJockey will spawn.
- A spider jockey is a skeleton, sither skeleton, zombie villager or stray riding a spider.
- When a Skeleton spawns there is a small chance that a Skeleton Horseman will spawn.
- It's a skeleton riding a skeleton horse.
- When a Skeleton spawns there is a small chance that a Skeleton Horseman will spawn.
- It's a skeleton riding a skeleton horse.
- When a Zombie spawns there is a small chance that a Zombie Horseman will spawn.
- It's a zombie riding a zombie horse.
- When a witch spawn there is a small chance that an Illusioner will spawn.
- Adds natural spawn to Illusioner mobs.
- When a pig spawns there is a small chance that it will be converted into a Hoglin.
- When a rabbit spawns there is a small chance that it will be converted into a Killer Bunny.

Last edited:

Floris

Staff member
October 11th - Another giveaway box

Congrats Greymagic27 for winning the box of heads, you will receive it in-game soon.

October 11th - /charlie the voting Piñata is back

Charlie felt it was too spooky this Halloween month, so to bring some good dancing vibes, you can find Charlie the voting Piñata spawn at /warp charlie once there are enough in-game players that voted. (offline votes are not counted)

You can type /charlie to see how many votes are needed, and how many are left to go.

We're starting with one loot box once charlie has been defeated, it will be on the beacon. When someone gets all the items, the loot box will disappear. So don't miss it! Throughout the coming weeks and months, as more people vote and defeat Charlie, we will add more loot boxes.

Floris

Staff member
October 12th : HALLOWEEN RECIPE

The extra monsters that spawn from the underground to haunt you during October have damaged the ores they touch, and cracked diamonds are now obtainable by players!

Craft this recipe in a workbench exactly, pumpkin pie, jack o-lantern, an empty bottle, and a spider eye. You can get these by defeating the spooky mobs of course, but i am sure you will have some of these ingredients at your base.

In return, you will be able to get one of those cracked diamonds.

You can sell those diamonds, keep them for your collection, throw them in lava if you don't want it, use it for manual crafting if you manage to do that, but, you can right-click them to break them and it will earn you a random amount of money.

1665561271388.png

Floris

Staff member
October 15th : SCARY CHESTS

It's possible chests are scary, stay safe!

Also, more give-aways have ended, and more boosters and fishing tournaments have auto started.

Floris

Staff member
October 15th : SCARY PUMPKINS

You can hit placed pumpkins and jack o lanterns and they will make a scary sound

Floris

Staff member
October 16th : EXTRA BOOSTERS

- mcMMO 5x
- Jobs 5x
- Discord 2x

Floris

Staff member
October 16th : DISCORD ICONS

The discord will get a little more spooky with some halloween themed icons here and there.

Floris

Staff member
October 16th : CHARLIE LOOT BOX

We've already updated /charlie and beta tested the loot box, BUT
Now we are live with both of the loot boxes, and will add more early November.

/charlie
every 25 votes it will announce it has spawned
Every 40 hits it is defeated
Upon defeat, it spawns two lootboxes
The person that empties it, gets publicly announced they've done so.

Joy

Floris

Staff member
October 20th : DISCORD CANDY

You can now chat in ・off-topic and once in a while you might notice there's a way to get candy. Collect some and become the halloween champ for 2022 on Discord.

I think this runs until the end of November, we will see how long we will keep it active, but at least until after halloween.

enjoy

Floris

Staff member
October 21st : SCARY WEEKEND

It's not Halloween Weekend yet, that's next weekend, starting on Friday.

BUT, Let's practice this weekend with some extra scary mobs that have it in it for you.

View: https://youtu.be/ovf8U0zsCZQ

SCARY MOBS are here! We will see if enough people defeat enough of them, if they go away on Monday.

**BOOOOSTERRSSSS**

Omg it doesn't stop, extra random spiked boosters on Discord, especially for those who hunt the candies in #・off-topic

And mcMMO will go from 2 to maybe even 9, for hours, minutes, seconds.. we will see. It all depends on how many players are online.

Floris

Staff member
Bats Effects
If you hit/shoot a bat he will transform into a Witch and spawn a firework and some small effects. Just for fun.

Witch Effects
When you hit/shoot a witch there is a configurable change that the witch will morph back into a bat.

Mobs disguised as Death
Will disguise random mobs that can wear equipment when they spawn as Death. The mob will be invisible and wear Black leather helmet and chestplate and a hoe.

Ground-mobs
During the night will pickup random players to raise zombies and skeletons from the ground near them. These mobs are spawned by this plugin so you can disable it.

Random Scares
During the night will get random players and play random sounds and sometimes lightning. For a spooky feel.

Eat Pumpkin Pie Effects
Will play some effects when you eat a pumpkin pie. It will place a pumpkin on your head and apply some potion effects, play some sounds and particles.

Ghosts
When you kill a player or sometimes a mob a ghost will spawn from the soul of the killed entity! Fancy effect and spooky!

ChickenJockey - Is a baby zombie, zombie pigman, villager zombie or a husk riding a chicken. Spawns sometimes when a zombie spawns.

SpiderJockey - Is a skeleton, wither skeleton or a stray riding a spider or a cave spider. Spawns sometimes when a skeleton spawns.

SkeletonHorseman - Is a skeleton riding a skeleton horse. Will equip an enchanted bow and sometimes an enchanted iron helmet. Spawns sometimes when a skeleton spawns.

ZombieHorseman - Is a zombie riding a zombie horse. Will equip an enchanted iron sword and sometimes an enchanted iron helmet. Spawns sometimes when a zombie spawns.

Illusioner - Makes the Illusioner mob to spawn naturally sometimes when a witch spawn. Available with custom names.

Hoglins - When a pig spawns there is a small chance it will be converted into a baby hoglin, this just brings Hoglins to spawn to other worlds then their Nether home.

Killer Bunny - When a rabbit spawns there is a small chance it will become a Killer Bunny, just for fun as this mob does not naturally spawn.

Hoglin Rider - Sometimes instead of default zombies and skeletons a Hoglin Rider will raise from the ground. This Hoglin and it's Piglin Brute will be immune to zombification.

Strider Rider - Sometimes instead of default zombies and skeletons a Strider Rider will raise from the ground. This Strider is peaceful but his rider is a Pillager and it will raid you down!

Ravager Rider - Sometimes instead of default zombies and skeletons a Ravager Rider will raise from the ground. It's a Evoker riding a Ravager.

Floris

Staff member
October 23rd : GIVEAWAYS UPDATE!

Winners so far:
- kgrim got the jobs points
- kittleapps got the extra /perk permissions
- nikki recently got the soulbind reward
- kgrim got the /points giveaway
- nikkipixel got the mcmmo levels

Congrats, one giveaway is left, nitro!

Floris

Staff member
October 24th : HALLOWEEN THINGS

If you play, kill a creeper and some other mobs, or .. well, let's keep it a secret. See if you can spot what's new!

Floris

Staff member
October 27th : LAST SPOOKYSCARY UPDATE BEFORE HALLOWEEN WEEKEND !!

Certain mobs will startle you beyond - dropping pumpkin bombs.. Friday afternoon to Tuesday morning, you will see "/halloween" loading the HALLOWEEN DIMENSION, details will be published tomorrow. Have some empty chests ready, because the loot is pretty mucho. Don't like what you get? /ah sell it, or /sell it, or /trade or /trash. BUT, notice please that some special items will have limited uses, special commands, or are collectables. Throw away a paper and might miss out on 250,000 cheque !

Floris

Staff member
October 28th : PARTICIPATION BOX

If you play during this weekend's event, you are eligible to pick up a participation box, it will show up in `/kits`

Status
Not open for further replies.