• Connect today Guest, Join our never resetting minecraft 1.20.4 survival server, where we explore, mine, build, and survive together. We are a family-friendly community, and open to all over the age of 13. Bring friends and make new ones!
    Features include: mcMMO RPG, Rewards for Achievements, a /market, Multiple worlds, sit on a chair, events, Economy, and more. We can't wait to have you join us!

(temporary) Added: Spider Warp

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
Hey everybody, Jesse found a spider spawner and asked me to turn it into a little grinder.
I've done so, this way if you need spider eye, string or just some exp orbs to grind, and work on your mcMMO combat skills, just type: /warp spider

This is inside the /mine world, so it's somewhat temporary. Enjoy it while you can.

The bottom slabs there are to prevent other mobs from spawning.

The iron gate is there to prevent the spiders from biting you.

The iron trapdoor is there to prevent them from going through the open space.

There's a wooden trapdoor, go down it, there's a chest where the loot gets auto collected.

The cactus at the top is there to auto kill the naughty ones that try to escape the water.

The ones that auto collect in the central point, you can kill them with your fist, sword, axe, or bow. Their loot drops into a hopper into the chest below it. The exp orbs for mc will bulk up and as you move around a little it will crawl through the cracks and you collect it. The exp from mcMMO will automatically get added.

The hunting plugin is still enabled, it might work for a little bit, or not at all. It will probably recognize this is a grinding area and stop giving you gold bags with money. If you see money dropped and you cant pick it up, go in the wood trapdoor area and you will be able to again.

Stay safe! It's a scary world out there ~ happy grinding.

Screen Shot 2017-04-18 at 11.06.13.png Screen Shot 2017-04-18 at 11.08.01.png Screen Shot 2017-04-18 at 11.08.52.png

Floris

Staff member
Hey guys,

We really need one in the /general world. Who wants to help the server build a more permanent Spider Grinder that's not just effective, but also efficient, safe, protected, but also looks pretty? A nice area spider-themed?

If you want to help, I can set up a spot for the build and give you Creative mode temporarily. Contact me and we will see.

Floris

Staff member
Update:

The spider spawner was in the 1.12.2 /mine world, and has been moved by Vloop to the new 1.13.2 in /general
You can ask him for help on how to use it, he can show you around.

Or you can type: /warp spider, to get there.