• Connect today Guest, Join our never resetting minecraft 1.20.4 survival server, where we explore, mine, build, and survive together. We are a family-friendly community, and open to all over the age of 13. Bring friends and make new ones!
    Features include: mcMMO RPG, Rewards for Achievements, a /market, Multiple worlds, sit on a chair, events, Economy, and more. We can't wait to have you join us!

Thanksgiving Event

Status
Not open for further replies.

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
EDIT: /thanksgiving event has ended!

Hey everybody,

This is the first time we will admit that we've got a few things in the planning for the Thanksgiving Event that we will be holding this year.

Unlike Halloween Month, this is more like a handful of days, maybe even less. From the day before Thanksgiving to right up to the weekend. As we get closer we will let you know more details.

Subscribe to this thread, by replying or clicking the subscribe link, or join us on Discord and keep an eye on the #Events channel.

In the coming days I will start posting here what we're preparing and working on. And maybe a few beta testers might get an early glimpse.

To sum it up, we will have turkeys running wild, we have a few mini-games, and an undiscovered world to explore. And maybe a bit more, but more about that later.

Not everybody celebrates Thanksgiving, but it sure if a great excuse to have some fun on Minecraft with our friends! I hope we see you as well around the 22nd of this month.

Questions? Just ask!

A little teaser ;)
Screenshot 2018-11-08 at 21.56.52.png

Last edited:

Floris

Staff member
The old /halloween command is now turned off, it works, but it will just tell you the event ended.
The new /event command is live now, but it doesn't do much yet.
And the new /thanksgiving command is live now, but besides this post I won't advertise it just yet (sneak peak for those who explore the forums and subscribed to this thread, hi.. don't spoil to others what you find though hehe)

More again soon, maybe tomorrow - day after?

We will have a couple of fun mini-games for those who don't want to do a turkey hunt, or perhaps completed it and want something else to do. Here's an early preview of one of those mini games.
View: https://youtu.be/BqK4WarpUtU

Last edited:

Floris

Staff member
Update:

It's very likely that the date for the Thanksgiving event starts a day before, and lasts up until the weekend. So let's say 21st, 22nd, and at least the 23rd.

Three mini-games are live now, if you can find them. Besides the one mentioned in the above post's video, there's also a Tic Tac Turkey game you can play.

Rumor has it a few people have already found a spot to teleport to somehow, nice job you guys.

Floris

Staff member
Update:

The night of the 20th, or the morning of the 21st, for some. I will turn on one or more of the Thanksgiving event features.

This means you can come online and ask what you can do for thanksgiving :)

We will have a couple of fun mini-games, a turkey hunt to catch 25 turkeys in a specific area.
We will have chickens spawning from chicken spawners that say Gobble Gobble! Some might already be walking around! See if you can spot one?
And turkey-chickens in this turkey hunt world will drop items you have to collect.

If you have all the items to complete a suit, and you caught all 25 turkeys, then you're eligible to discover new land! I will teleport you or give you access to this world that you can explore.

All in all, a couple of fun things, while there's double exp and happy hour every so often.

The more people online, the more fun things can happen.

21st, it starts, 22nd, actual thanksgiving, 23rd, still running, and perhaps even the 24th depending on how many players we've had online.

Floris

Staff member
Update:

A little reminder that the Thanksgiving Event is on the 21st, a day before Thanksgiving, and lasts a few days, ending probably on the 23rd or 24th.

You can always check with: /event, to find out what's going on.
For this event there's a /thanksgiving command.

This will bring you to a world where you can play a mini-game called Tic Tac Turkey, you need a second player to start it.
There's also a mini-game called Thanksgiving Maze, made by Vloop, can you find your way out?
And a mini-game called 'Walk the Plank', find the ship at /warp shops, where you can walk to plank.

You might also notice some chickens turned into turkeys, roaming the worlds saying 'Gobble Gobble'.

But the main event is the Turkey Hunt, where you go into a special portal, that will teleport you to an undiscovered area where there are 25 heads placed that you have to left-click.

Do NOT break them to collect.. just left click to catch them!
Touching the heads is how you catch an escaped turkey. A progress counter will let you know how you're doing. There are 25 to catch.

In that same thanksgiving world, there are turkeys and chickens running around. So there's enough food in case you get hungry while exploring. But, there's more. You might notice that once in a while a chicken will drop a Thanksgiving suit piece.

Collect all four thanksgiving suit pieces to complete the main event.

Take a screenshot, post it on the forums, or discord, or just show mrfloris if he is in the game. That you have 25 of 25 collected, and 4 of the 4 suit pieces collected. You will then get access to a big world you can explore that nobody has seen yet. (You get to keep the suit you show me, don't worry)

This world you can 'discover' only during Thanksgiving, will be there until the weekend. Teleporting others into this world is not allowed, access is limited only to those who completed the main event.

Starting the Turkey Hunt will be rewarded with a participation token. Completing the Turkey Hunt will be rewarded with a bunch of goodies. (So many sure you have free space in your inventory)

Throughout the days we will also celebrate Thanksgiving with Thanksgiving mcMMO rates, and Hunting Hour (from our mob hunting plugin)

Again, Halloween was a whole month, thanksgiving will just be a couple of days. Don't miss out! It's a really fun event for everybody. Whether you like to catch turkeys, explore a temporary new but undiscovered world with cool areas, or want to make some extra points and money grinding rpg levels.

If you get stuck catching all the Turkeys by the way, you can always ask other players like me or Vloop to help you.
And if you can't complete your suit, keep an eye on the /market, or ask others if they have doubles. They might /gift or /trade, or /market the items with you.

Floris

Staff member
To get started, type: /thanksgiving

Floris

Staff member
Update:

Status changed to [active], it's the 21st in the Netherlands, Happy Hour has started for up to 5 hours, after which double Exp from mcMMO will turn on for a while.

The 3 mini games are live, the /thanksgiving portal has been turned on.

Have fun everybody

Screenshot 2018-11-21 at 01.00.37.png 2018-11-21_01.00.11.png

Floris

Staff member
20/21st
so far: Fr33_s0ul, tidaldawn, and vloop, have found all 25 turkeys, the 4 suit pieces, and played some mini games. They can request access to the discovery world.

21st (evening)
edit: ilujf, seranks and paprikaatje have found the heads and suits, and have explored the new world.

Last edited:

Floris

Staff member
22nd, I believe ender_vine and jesseva69 have completed the turkey hunt.

Did I forget someone?

Floris

Staff member
Already the 23rd for me in the netherlands :)

Meowsers111, Cilia670, 1mbnetwork, and Macadam completed the turkey suit and turkey hunt and got access to the discovery world :)

Floris

Staff member
Small reminder that Friday is the last day, it will be midnight in the Netherlands soon - so between this post and the next six hours the Thanksgiving event will end.

Friday is the last chance to do the mini games, the turkey hunt, enjoy double exp, etc.

Then on Saturday those who gained access to the discovery world will get access for a short period of time to "/fly" around to make exploring a little easier.

On Sunday the MVP players of the event will receive a little extra item for their achievement of being the best in the mini games.

Floris

Staff member
The mini games have moved to another world, sorry, thanksgiving is over.
The hunt is still open so some people can complete their turkey hunt.

The discovery world is still there until saturday afternoon - on saturday you can request to fly around in there for a period of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.