The boring thread of: I have to really clean a few things (part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
Friday night my mom passed away, after some days of being sick. Poor thing. I hope she finds peace now. I was up that morning and I've been keeping myself busy. I've cleaned the kitchen, did laundry, emptied the dryer, and did all the dishes. I've done a bit of the floor and started moving things together and into their place. Threw the trash out and tried to get some extra sleep. Saturday was a really weird and busy day. I hardly slept, I didn't eat really. And then slept again. I am up now, Sunday. I slept handful of hours, had super crazy dreams (understandable), and I have cleaned the toilet, and half the bathroom. I have done all laundry and dishes again, and had coffee and a sandwich. I've done some stuff on the balcony and tried to relax with 30 minutes of minecraft, hours and hours of movie watching and tv watching. And I am now cleaning my computer table a little bit.

Some things will/should come in the mail today that lets me be able to say goodbye on Tuesday. We have a small small group of people Tuesday for her funeral and I truly hope things will go well. Sorry, my mind is all over the place.

Maybe today I will figure out a way to move some empty boxes into the storage room I made, and then put some things in there from the livingroom boxes that are in bags. So that hopefully helps create space.

Floris

Staff member
Today I've woken up in the middle of the night. I've tidied up the kitchen and the computer table a bit more.

Then I made a workspace and gathered up the materials that I wanted to use, and wrote my parents a letter basically. Wax-sealed it and finished it all. I made a moment and it will go with my mom on Tuesday when she gets cremated.

I will be back to properly tidying the apartment again once everything is 'last week'. Thank you all who read this for being support for me online and offline this year.

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
Today I have to get some clothes washing on and out, making the most of the last good day of good weather!
Washing up
Clear table
Tidy kitchen
Rubbish out
Sort out bills
Shopping amends

Floris

Staff member
I have to just take it easy today, for obvious reasons. Trying to remove stress and pressure of doing things.

But laundry will be done, and dishes isn't a lot and ready to be turned on.

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
So much to do.

Want to at least make a start on the washing up today, but I also want to finish the jobs I've started, like putting the clothes away!

Floris

Staff member
I've kept up with the kitchen, I will work on that again today, so I know I do not fall behind. I could not sleep last night, and I am a dead zombie right now, so I doubt I will achieve to anything today. But let's try to be positive and set a goal: Things in the kitchen I can do , let's do that.

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
Today I need to gut the kitchen as its a pig sty ... also need to get the rubbish out for bin day tomorrow

Floris

Staff member
Stuff thrown into the washing machine.
Dryer emptied onto the bed.
Kitchen things moved around, and wiped off surface.
Dishwasher was almost full, run it anyway.
Made coffee.

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
Washing up
Clear table
Tidy living room
rubbish out
dinners

Floris

Staff member
I've thrown the trash out.
I've gathered up dishes again and emptied dishwasher again.
I've manually washed a bunch of things in the sink.
I've cleaned the sink.
I've dusted a few things I could reach.
I've thought about getting the apartment ready for the 23rd, so I have a plan now.
I've organized the balcony slightly due to incoming storm.
I've moved empty boxes i won't store things in to downstairs.
I've moved empty boxes immah keep and use into 1 spot.
I've contacted the bike guy to come and repair the bicycle, hopefully he responds.
I've made an appointment for the 23rd, barber comes to my flat to cut my hair off
Ive cleaned my mom's ipad, it was so dirty, and i've taken screenshots of latest facetime calls and imsgs and emails.
I've cleaned my glasses, they were so dirty.
I've had food today.

Reactions: Nix

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
So much to do

Right now I'm in a just do something each day and eventually I'll have more time and energy to catch up fully.

Yesterday I cleared the dining table and did some laundry, I've done a little washing up this morning and I'll do some more laundry. I am mostly caught up with thar, but bedding needs changing.

Floris

Staff member
I have to pick up what I have to do, I am running out of days. I have tried to keep up, but i should not fall behind, I have to use the time now to level up and do more. Try to pick up normal life again a little bit.

Wednesday morning, bike repair guy is showing up. I should not forget. Also, groceries at the same time.

Floris

Staff member
Update:

I've actually surprised myself and moved 90% of the livingroom into the tiny room. it's not organized, very disappointing, but it is out of sight and that means room for the visitors and the person who will come to cut my hair, etc. I am on schedule.

Wednesday morning: groceries + deliveries from mail
Thursday morning: bike fixing + potentially delayed deliveries

I have up-kept the kitchen, it's not terrible, and dishes are put away, the stove is next. The dishes are rinsed off, bigger pots are done manually and the rest is put in the dishwasher, i guess tomorrow night i can turn that on.

Tomorrow i also have to do laundry, i will shower and then start laundry. Probably in the late afternoon, evening.

Floris

Staff member
Okay, I am up!

i put my foot on the floor and DING, nix on the iMsg. That was quick haha

We had a little chat, i made it to the kitchen eventually, and i got dressed, my life achievements.

Once I got dressed, I kinda put little bits of trash in a bag, and DING doorbell. First delivery of today.

Unfortn. not nikki's package. But still, yay gifts.

Upstairs again, I sort a few things out, organize some minecraft dm msgs with default responses. And DING doorbell, groceries.

Still not nikki's package, bummer. But hey, at least that's 2/3 ding dongs from today sorted. Hopefully nix's gift arrives soon. I am excited.

I've pushed all the laundry clean and dry to the washing machine. It's not much, and I can't tell which is which anymore as it fall on the floor. I will just do it all at once. But first coffee.

Okay, let's pretend we're happy and start the day: COFFEE

Oh, i forgot to mention, I've removed the huge pile of boxes form the living room, to the little room, I've finished doing that last night. Which explains my backpain this morning.

Next, figuring out what to do with the empty space, besides cleaning it properly. And figuring out what to do with the table and everything else.

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
lol hopefully the parcel will arrive soon @Floris

I've done some washing, its in the machine now.

Got lots to do today though.

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
Didn't get much done this morning before work, just a load of laundry and I took the rubbish out. I am nearly all caught up with the laundry though, maybe two loads left and one of those is bedding as I changed that yesterday.

Floris

Staff member
lol hopefully the parcel will arrive soon @Floris

I've done some washing, its in the machine now.

Got lots to do today though.
Just spoke with the postNL service on twitter in a DM, and they said it's unknown if it is today or tomorrow at all even. So, im jumping into my comfy clothes and ignoring it until the doorbell goes. Hopefully i wont miss it.

Floris

Staff member
Didn't get much done this morning before work, just a load of laundry and I took the rubbish out. I am nearly all caught up with the laundry though, maybe two loads left and one of those is bedding as I changed that yesterday.
Oh rubbish out, i forgot, i have a bin liner that's full and 2 empty boxes that are dirty. i can do that in a few minutes before i hop into my comfy clothes.

Floris

Staff member
Update:

I still didn't do the trash, yikes, but laundry is started and ready now, I will go put that in the dryer.

The dishes are done and new stuff all added to the dishwasher which is 50% full, but ill just run it, stay up to date on things.

I've made macaroni dinner and had a scoop of it, not.. really.. that nice, meh. but we will see, it's edible, so i will have that tonight.

Moved more heavy bags with stuff from the living room to the small room, which is now full-full. I can start cleaning the floor. Which I will do next.

Quick mop dry-run, and then vacuum the floor, then laminated treatment and some water, and hopefully it's all pretty again. The weather is okay enough it should dry fast enough. It's not that wet usually.

Floris

Staff member
Update:

Floor done, trash still not thrown out, sigh.

Laundry done, dryer done, dishwasher done, sink cleaned, sink top?.. done, trash collected, dinner had, bread prepared for oven for later with some cheese and garlic stuff.

I made progress, then had a crap moment, now i feel like ' whatever ' , .. and leaving today for what it is,

Tomorrow: picking it up again and working on the livingroom table and the things there, and organizing the livingroom a bit. Befor ei do other things here. Maybe the trash out? Anyway, waking up early, for a- maybe delivery, and b- fixing my bike.

Floris

Staff member
Thursday,

Dryer emptied, laundry gathered up but it's not enough for a run.

Emptying the dishwasher slowly.

Gathered up the trash in the kitchen, why is there always more !

Bicycle guy showed up and we discussed things, he's taking it with him.

Delivery from nikki is a mystery now .. ffs.

Had breakfast, a little bit, having lunch now, a little bit. I still dont have appetite really.

Trash has been thrown out! Just boxes left now, but i can do those soon.

Livingroom is looking better, almost time to start working on the table and tidy that up a bit.

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
Finally Friday! Although I work Saturday too, it feels like it's closer to a day off!

Washing machine is on, mostly on top of that now, the bottom of the washing basket is in sight!
The bottom of the washing up pile however is not! I'll do a load once the washing machine finishes, it shakes too much to be able to put stuff on the drainer.
I'll take out some recycling on the way too work too.

Tonight I really want to get back to my supernatural rewatch, so I'll go put the dvd player on charge next.

Status
Not open for further replies.