The boring thread of: I have to really clean a few things (part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
Oh shit, here we go again.. Fall 2021.

Picking up a fresh new thread with boring things of "I really have to clean / tidy this, .. " Feel free to participate.

Part 1, October 2020 (first thread)

Part 2, May 2021 (last thread)

Part 3, November 2021 (this thread)
https://omgboards.com/threads/the-b...e-to-really-clean-a-few-things-part-3.263779/

Okay, this is more a personal entry than a 'hey look at this stuff' thread, sorry to bore you yet again. I just wanted a way to hold myself accountable and mainly to let me keep track of what I was trying to do today.

I once said: "Who knows, maybe this turns into a thing that we can keep going once or twice a year." And I cannot believe it's been a year. 12 months ago October 2020 we've started helping each other and do daily tasks little and large. And I think it's clearly showing. We feel better about ourselves and our homes. It is crazy what we've achieved. Thumbsup to everybody that made any progress.

To all the lurkers, feel free to ask for an account or log in and participate. I see your DM msgs saying you've worked and read this thread, feel free to join in and say hi. Even if you do one thing a month, that's still 12 things a year. And I think twelve is a bigger number than zero. Don't feel shy to share the struggles with cleaning, ask questions. We're all here supporting each other and learning.

So, let's get started. Whattah we gonna tidy, clean, organize, prepare, think about .. what are we going to achieve today?

POST BELOW what you might do today, cleaning a kitchen? Vacuum the hallway? Tidying up the bedroom? I know, it sounds boring, but indulge me and leave a reply please. And if you have any questions let's discuss it.

Also, please let me know if you listen to any music, videos, podcasts, have the tv on, or whatever. What's your cleaning routine or equipment preferences, or what do you like or hate to do?

Last edited:
Reactions: Nix

Floris

Staff member
Congratulations everybody who participated in the last twelve months. You're awesome, and I learn so much from you all. I get so much motivation. And even when things are down for me, when I feel I give up on life at times due to offline troubles: Here we are.

If we can do one year, we can do another. Surely!

- Removed all the stuff that belongs in the kitchen from the computer table.

- Filled up the dishwasher until it was full and set it on a high temperature program.

- Manually did some dishes to make space for cleaning my mokka pot later in boiling water.

- Wiped off the cupboards in the kitchen with a wet microfibre and then a dry hand towel.

- I've gone ahead and selected a program for my washing machine that can do 95c temperature, put in 2 dishwasher tablets and set it to high RPM, but without centrifuge. It is a 2 hour program. Let's see if it breaks it all, or cleans the machine.

- Moved some chairs back into their place, and picked up laundry and papers that were not supposed to be there.

- Aired out the apartment for 15 minutes.

- Looked at my bedroom and turned around again; too big of a mental task to deal with for today.

- Played some HayDay, I mean.. vacuumed, sure sure, I vacuumed (rolleyes.. totally played hayday)

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
Hoovered outside!! (ready to decorate)
Decorations are out ready
Arranged a Amazon return (still need to package it up
Abbs friend has gone now (they had a sleepover)
Cleared table
Washing up started (guna take a while lol)
Clothes washing done (might do another load we'll see)
Showered!

Need to;

Finish washing up
Work out what is for dinner and do dinner
Maybe get a wash load on

Floris

Staff member
Hoovered outside!! (ready to decorate)
Decorations are out ready
Arranged a Amazon return (still need to package it up
Abbs friend has gone now (they had a sleepover)
Cleared table
Washing up started (guna take a while lol)
Clothes washing done (might do another load we'll see)
Showered!

Need to;

Finish washing up
Work out what is for dinner and do dinner
Maybe get a wash load on
Wow, I know how you can get with your decorations, it's going to look awesome. I hope the weather plays a fair game this weekend.

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
Well the cat doesn't understand what clocks changing means so I'm up. Got around 3 hours to get everything done. Wish me luck!

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
9am and I'm going well, still got a little washing up to do, but it's almost done. Kitchen floor has been swept, sofa is clear, bedroom rug hoovered. I've emptied my bag ready for going out later.
Still to do:
Finish washing up and clean worktops
Hoover living room
Make bed
Shower and then clean bathroom

Floris

Staff member
Well the cat doesn't understand what clocks changing means so I'm up. Got around 3 hours to get everything done. Wish me luck!
Roflmao! :D

You need to get your cat a watch xD

Floris

Staff member
Hoovering didn't get done, bit rest good
That's okay, I didn't do it either. I however got the swift thingy with a dirty but dry hand towel and just quickly went over the big surface area on the floors, so debris, dirt, dust, hairs are gathered up a bit.

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
Well I got home last night to a freezing place, my mother had opened all the windows, had a tidy, which just means she picked up what was still on the floor, and quite possibly just fed the cat treats instead of actual food.

• Wow
Reactions: Nix

Floris

Staff member
- Airing out the apartment

- Cleaned a sink in the bathroom

- Spent hours cleaning up the minecraft server halloween event. haha.

- Waiting for groceries to be delivered

And then we will see how the day goes. I have trash to collect and throw out later today as well.

Floris

Staff member
Monday Update

- Nothing crazy happened yet today offline, hopefully it stays that way but it's still early.

- Trash gathered up.

- Waiting for groceries now.

- Finished minecraft halloween cleaning up.

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
Been to the dump and got rid of rubbish
Been to Homebase and got paint etc for shower room
Posted returns
Had lunch and watched an ep of Legacies

Now to do;

Washing up
Clear table
Clothes washing
Dinners
Sleeeeeeeeeeep

Floris

Staff member
I tried sleep, I kept waking up with a shock.

So got up, ordered iced coffee, gave up. Watching tv, got tired, will try sleep again in a minute.

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
Had a relaxing day yesterday but back to the cleaning today.

Washing up
Laundry
Side tables
Hallway

Depending on if I get those done I also have:
Fridge
Sort out food cupboard
Windows

Floris

Staff member
Back to cleaning indeed! pout

- I've done another run of finding crap I can throw out.

- Still have to move trash downstairs though.

- Emptied dishwasher and put stuff away in the kitchen.

- Wiped off surfaces in the kitchen to try and fight the dust monster.

- Moved guitars in their place and quickly wiped off any dust.

- Tried to clean computer table and living room table again.

- Started figuring out if I have enough dishes to do another run, sigh. i do..

- Dryer is empty, time for another washing.

- Weather is calm, opening door to air out apartment.

- I have to go clean the toilet room, might go do that now. ugh

- Ordered "that pink stuff" or whatever it is called. The magic paste, trying to use that on the faucet in the bathroom sink and a few other hard to clean spots, maybe I have more luck with this.

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
- Ordered "that pink stuff" or whatever it is called. The magic paste, trying to use that on the faucet in the bathroom sink and a few other hard to clean spots, maybe I have more luck with this.
I have some and it's done a great job on my oven door.

Washing machine is on

Floris

Staff member
I have some and it's done a great job on my oven door.

Washing machine is on
It should arrive tomorrow, we will see!

Update on Tuesday;

- Amazon stuff ordered.

- Stuff to move downstairs is at the door, it's what I will do in a minute.

- Kitchen things moved to one side, making it easier to deal with it later.

- Washing machine filled, but not enough to start it, maybe later after a shower.

- Toilet room scrubbed clean.

- Aired out the apartment for 15m, but got cold quick. haha

- Bathroom shower curtain removed, and rinsed out real quick and re-hung a bit differently. All tidy again.

- Moved something on my balcony, still not sure what to do with the stuff there.

Okay, I am going downstairs to throw the trash out, then going to follow up on private msgs, emails, etc.

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
I've put one load of washing on the airers to dry, second load has just finished in the machine so I'll do that after finishing my cuppa.

I'll do the washing up next, not much to do so won't take long.

Floris

Staff member
- Trash thrown out

- I've started finding motivation to put dishes in dishwasher.

- Started laundry, I had more stuff after cleaning.

- Moist cloth wiped off some planks, and then drywiped. dunno how you say this in english lol

Floris

Staff member
- Sink in bathroom cleaned with a good scrubbing, and I've sprayed the walls,

- Cleaned the computer monitor with a slightly damp clean microfibre cloth, and then instantly wiping with a dry microfibre cloth. All pretty again.

- Rinsed off the walls in the bathroom and used a hand towel to dry it.

- Put it all in the washing machine, turned it on.

I have some tasks to do offline now, we will see later after laundry and dryer are done if I will do more today. I am thinking of fixing my headache with more Elementary episodes in bed. I have a meeting thing later tonight, so a little nap before that would be nice.

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
OK well all I have done is Christmas shopping today. Did not get everything I wanted to, I found the selection quite boring!!! Still, Abbs is done for bday and Christmas! :D Now to relax, I'll do washing up later but I'm so tired now and I ache from walking everywhere which I'm not used to doing that much plus I got blisters :'( lol

Status
Not open for further replies.