The boring thread of: I have to really clean a few things (part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
OK well all I have done is Christmas shopping today. Did not get everything I wanted to, I found the selection quite boring!!! Still, Abbs is done for bday and Christmas! :D Now to relax, I'll do washing up later but I'm so tired now and I ache from walking everywhere which I'm not used to doing that much plus I got blisters :'( lol
I hope you remembered I sent something over for you to get yourself and abbie :P haha, hope you found something to buy with it. Even if it is xmas decorations ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Nix

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
@Floris yer remind me to tell you once we can chat again (prob thurs or fri)... I've done Sal and Abbs

So tired now, off to bed soon ish... got one load of washing up done but not much else. Ordered take out for everyone and mine was forgotten so all I had were chips for dinner... sigh... fed up with the day now to be honest. Roll on bedtime!

Floris

Staff member
Last update for today.

I had a youtube video to watch,
and I sprayed the shower walls again, let it sit while i watched the youtube video.

Then rinsed it off, scrubbed the top half of the walls, then showered and started laundry after.

I am clean, walls are clean, clothes are getting cleaned. lol.

Tomorrow is a big offline day, I don't know how it will go, so it's a bit hard to schedule what to do in regards to cleaning, tidying etc.

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
Had coffee
Had lunch
Had coffee
Put a wash load on and realised that was the last of the fabric softener :'(
Sorted some presents out that turned up today, nicely hidden away
Sorted out and booked all covid jabs
Emailed school
Done shopping amendments and booked new slot
Had shower
Had coffee
Done some washing up
Soaking the food waste bin :doublefacepalm:
Put another wash load in but no fabric softener!!! Booooohooooo
Put rubbish out (I'll so recycling tomorrow with more rubbish as bin day Friday

Next;
Coffee
Washing up
DInners
Coffee
Sleep!

Floris

Staff member
all that coffee :D

Today didn't go 'bad', I am glad about that. DHL has arrived, I am tired. I might just hop into bed early and finish season 3 of elementary.

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
Today

Washing up
Tidy kitchen
Tidy living room
Legacies at 2pm with Sal
Do freezer lists and re arrange
Rubbish out

Floris

Staff member
I am awake ..

Woke up twenty times again last night, heavy dreams again, and now a headache and stuffy nose. My body is getting tired of this life. lol. I am too :P

Woke up to more legal nonsense so kinda in a mood.

Maybe that mood will help me clean up the kitchen, we will see. Right now I am going to get a 17 shot espresso or something to tell my body to shape up and man up. And then take it from there :P

Best of luck with your own adventures today everybody.

Floris

Staff member
Thursday update

- Sorted out the kitchen stuff a little bit

- Started dishes and dishwasher

- Cleaned sink in toilet room

- Restocked toilet rolls and stuff

- Worked on the minecraft server

- Sorted out the DHL packages

- Dealt with the legal stuff

- Cleaned the dishwasher edges that accumulated probably mold and stuff

- Emptied the coffee grinder and tried to clean it a bit

- Cleaned the mokka pot

- Charged all the devices

- Aired the apartment again for about 15 minutes

- I have to remind myself to water my plants tomorrow

- Checked my mailbox

- ugh for some reason i am drawing a blank, it was the first thing i wanted to write down and can't think of it. Well, i did another big thing, but even walking around the apartment i can't remember.. sigh, "whatever".

- Time for a break, dinner, tv, facetime chats, and letting today go.

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
@Nix never use fabric softener, find that it's not actually needed and is mostly just a smell.

I have a small amount of washing up to do. And need to make soup again

Floris

Staff member
I try to pour in like a tiny splash (tablespoon i guess) of softener in the washing machine. Way less than the recommended dose

Floris

Staff member
Friday, mixed feelings.. *hugs nix* stay strong.

- Last night when I couldn't sleep I scrubbed the kitchen sink clean.

- Then I scrubbed the mokka pot without soup etc (of course..)

- And then took the mokka pot apart and put it in the sink and added 4L of boiling water.

- Left it soak while doing other tasks and after 20 minutes I took the parts out and scrubbed and rinsed them off.

- Tried to dust the surfaces of devices on the computer table

- Read up on some info of the insurance company who has a service where you can hire people that they vouch for, that can help with certain things .. I have some thinking to do.

- I have some bin liners that are full that I have to take downstairs. I will do this when I air out the apartment for a few minutes.

- I need to do laundry otherwise I will be out of undies. haha

Floris

Staff member
I just remembered what i did the other day that i completely forgot .. in case i didn't edit my post , here it is HAHA

- replaced filter in britta filter for clean water! rinsed it through a few times and filled it and left it in the fridge. fresh cold delicious water again :)

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
So far today;

Spoken to bike insurance
Had cuppa with Nat
Had cuppa with Sal (helped with admin)
Spoke to both his sisters
Got a bed sorted for him and an ipad (hopefully)
Done a wash load

Floris

Staff member
So far today;

Spoken to bike insurance
Had cuppa with Nat
Had cuppa with Sal (helped with admin)
Spoke to both his sisters
Got a bed sorted for him and an ipad (hopefully)
Done a wash load
You're back! You silly.. you don't have to post here if you're dealing with that situation.

Good to see you though, and nice to read you're making some progress with doing things that need to get done. Don't forget to add -rest! on the list.

The new mac has been ordered and delivered sunday, waiting today for the monitor that goes with it. And then I can start working on that project.

I've cleaned the toilet and sinks last night, and this morning I tried my best to get out of bed. Not feeling super, belly is a bit upset. And with a snotty nose yesterday I hope it's just bad sleep and not the first signs of a cold.

Floris

Staff member
Tuesday,

- moved little thingymabobs around the apartment, putting them in a better place than 'over in the corner here', so it looks nicer and cosy.

- Washed a few containers things (dunno how to call these things) so the dust and stuff is gone. Cleaner!

- The little tea-table is now way more empty, but so so dirty with dust, I really have to clean that tonight.

- Finished setting up the mac min and tomorrow she will come to try and use it, and then we are going to install it at her place.

- Emptied dishwasher

- Slowly filling it up.

- Slowly trying to clean the kitchen.

- I have to do my laundry, brb, before i forget AGAIN

Floris

Staff member
Saturday night, cleaned toilet room, bathroom a bit, start emptying dryer again, filling it up soon. Cleaned coffee machine, grinder, and other coffee tools. I've started laundry.

Yay for days with headaches.. i hope this week will be better

Floris

Staff member
Sunday,

Cleaned kitchen
Did the dishes
Finished laundry and dryer, and put stuff away
Used swiffer to dry swipe the floor
sorted out the mac mini with emily

enjoying my headaches, going back to bed

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
So much to do, but got to do the dishes and change the bedding today.

Floris

Staff member
Tuesday, was up all night from headache, but I've moved things around into their proper spot every once in a while so the livingroom looks a bit better. I've done dishes, had a shower, cleaned bathroom sink and rinsed off the wall. Wipes surface of kitchen area and scrubbed the kitchen sink. Groceries have arrived now, and now I can finally go to sleep, I have to be up by 5pm tonight for a group chat, if i have my continued headache and slept poorly ill skip it.

So much to do, but got to do the dishes and change the bedding today.
Yeah, the list is endless, i am just trying to upkeep everything so i dont fall behind. But I need to dedicate proper time to the apartment to get another big(ger) todo item (or more..) done.

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
Today I've;

Ordered flowers for a Nurse
Done clothes washing and hung up
Done all the washing up
Made some calls
Booked into the dentist
Wizzed round the living room for rubbish
Taken all rubbish out (apart from upstairs)

Next is Covid booster for me then Covid 1st and only dose for Abbs!! Wish us luck!!!
Hopefully I'll feel ok as doing dinners for 4 people later on! Hopefully Abbs is ok and can go to school tomorrow!

Floris

Staff member
Kept my apartment tidy/clean the best I could today, but minimal work done.

17th I will make an extra effort, but focus on resting for mental health.

18th I get someone here for a haircut, so would be nice if I double check the livingroom and clean toilet of course.

19th I have to work on the minecraft server.

20th I might go see how my mac mini is doing and help out with the project it's doing perhaps.

Floris

Staff member
Wednesday, couldn't get to sleep again, woke up late enough so I guess I at least slept some hours. Feeling nauseous. Hopefully I feel better soon. But I have 0% motivation.

Gathered up some trash.
Airing out apartment.
Preparing to do laundry.

Floris

Staff member
I was up at like 3 or 4 am, wahaaaah.

Thursday!

Dryer is empty, dirty laundry is thrown out of sight into the washing machine haha.

Toilet room is properly cleaned.

Kitchen is made nice again.

Computer table tidied up.

Living room table wiped off and tidied up.

Little white table in the room that's super dirty from dust cleaned so it's visually at least better, but I need a lot more time with it, this will do for today.

Plank near window wiped off quick.

Plants have been given water, well, i did that yesterday but I dont know if I mentioned it.

Slightly moved things around in the living room to make more space for todays appointments, which includes getting a haircut at home.

Time to rest my eyes and back, and then have a shower between 11 and 12, and she should be here at 1.

I think first person to show up for a quick drop off should be here soon.

Have a nice day everybody

Floris

Staff member
I just wanted to post separately that thanks to this thread and the help from Nixxy in Facetime chats and some other things, that I feel more content with the state of my apartment. I no longer get anxiety attacks when I hear someone say "Okay, we meet at your place next Thursday?" .. because I wouldn't know how to get my apartment ready within a week. Now I can last-minute clean and tidy and things are 'fine enough', and with all the extra time it will be a bit better than fine.

- Windows: finally better inside and out.
Do they still need to continue to get done? of course, it's fall, they are already getting dirtier.. But they look better than both my neighbours,so ..

- Hallways: finally no mess, and things are in their place, way less dusty.
Do they still need new paint and what not? Yes, the floor needs to be cleaned better and the walls need new paint, but it's fine. Planned after the rent ppl do the bathroom/toiletroom renovation. Both hallways are in the same condition, and both fine actually. Super easy to clean/dust now.

- Living room: The state it was in, embarrassing.. and it took a few years to get to where it is now. But it is fine as it is now. Cozy, I don't feel uncomfortable showing it to people anymore.
Does it need decorating? Yes, I need to put more things on the wall, I have things to fix, there are spots that need paint. etc. But I have that planned for 2022/2023 and made plans to get help for it. Which I am comfortable asking now.

- Kitchen: Oh boy, this was .. I always hoped they wouldn't see certain things and that visually getting away with a quick visit was good enough. And now I am on top of it.
Does it need a lot more work? Yes, kinda. I still want to remove some things, ask them to discuss renovating (they said no for 2021). And I have some pointing to do, proper cleaning in ceiling, and the curtain rails need fixing. I have made plans to really work on that in 2022. It doesn't feel impossible anymore.

- Bathroom: Sigh, still not great, but already 50% better than it was before. It is manageable now. I don't have to keep the door closed anymore when people show up.
Am I still working on it? Yes, I need it to get to a certain point before they come and renovate it. And I really am looking forward to the renovation.

- Toilet room: the same as bathroom, but less work.
Needs work? Same as above, but, I need a new toilet seat.

- Storage room: Was a huge mess, it's more organized now. I can show it to people, and people can get into it who need to read meter numbers.
Does it need work? Yes! It has things that need to be thrown out, sold, given away, and I need to better organize what's now organized in boxes. So it's less of a tetris puzzle when I Need to grab something.

- Smallest room: This was just dirty, dusty, unused, and had cat things in it. I mentally couldn't deal with it after the loss of my cat. But over time I did more and more.
Does it need work? It's completely cleaned this year, and I moved my stuff into it, and then filled it top to bottom with boxes from the farm. It is fine, I can show people again that I have that room, it's clean, etc. I just need to really organize those boxes.

- Small room: This was equally dirt, dust, etc. and had things that i threw in there when ppl came over just to get it out of sight. Now I have worked hard on it to clean and paint it.
Does it need work? YesNo, maybe.. I painted one wall, cleaned it top to bottom, and got storage boxes and then filled it up with the 2nd batch of stuff from the farm. It has clean and dirty farm boxes that need to get organized, but it's fine. The room is fine. I can show people and not worry about it. It's just a lot of stuff and I need to organize it. It felt impossible like the smallest room, but I did it, and I made huge progress. I can be proud of myself (sorry if that sounds selfish, it was a HUGE mental block)

- Bedroom: I neglected it during depression, I just came in, lay down, wake up, walk out the room and once in a while washed my stuff. I didn't do the floor, below the bed, the walls, the closets, etc. I had to fight hard to get to where it is now.
Does it need work? Yes, oh god, it's the worst room still. Just due to lack of space. I run out of space in the other two small rooms to store farm things and needed to use the bedroom closet. Which I mind and don't mind. The chairs I had no space for are dumped in there too. So again I cannot clean the floor properly etc. But it's 80% cleaner, 50% less dust, and windows are done for once. It needs work, I need to find the time to turn 3 broken chairs into 1 or 2 working ones, and move boxes from the closet into just one closet or the other room. Make space, just so I can organize things and better clean stuff. I got a big expensive mattress last year so sleep is less painful. But the bed is still hell. Who knows, once the room is ready I can empty it 100% and move a new bed in, and finally feel happy about the bedroom again. I dont want to show it to people now.

- Balcony (outside): Finally, progress. I ignored it, it got dirty from the weather and neglect, but I made sure the windows and wood got fixed, that the fence stuff was sorted. All broken and rotting wood is removed and while it looks uglier it's better. Nixxy gave me balcony lights, and I bought rugs for the floor. And I got a new balcony table. It really helped. It's nowhere near as nice as Emily for example has it, but who knows. This Spring I might have a $250 budget for her and just let her decorate it for the Spring/Summer/Fall, and make the most of 2022. But I can go on there with people, I am not ashamed anymore of the crap there.

- Frontside apartment (outside): Not much needed to be done here, but the wood, windows needed cleaning. this is now done.
More to do? Yes, upkeep it, and figure out what needs fixing. Maybe talk to housing corp about fixing some of the wood that I am not allowed to touch or better isolate certain spots. But they will need access to the bedroom, so bedroom has a higher priority.

All in all, on a scale from 1 (worst) to 5 (omg wow) the quality of my apartment dropped to 2 during depression and with the first thread I made it go up to 3 again. The 2nd thread and despite all the negativity, I got it to 3.5 and recently a 4. And now in this thread I am trying to keep it at a 3,5 / 4 rating.

Hopefully in 2022 it is still at least a 3.5 on the 1-5 rating, and then with the renovations and some outside help to fix things, and help to clean things, that I have time to organize more boxes, and work on the bedroom and the balcony. Slowly getting to a 4, where i Hope I can stay in Summer 2022 and then the whole of 2023. It will be a nice stepping stone to more happiness and being ok living here in an older flat for another five to ten years. Who knows..

Even though it takes years, it is nice that what feels impossible ends up as 'wait, am i motivated to keep going?' .. every day doing even a few things leads up to 150+ days of having done something at least.. And it's starting to show.

Status
Not open for further replies.