The boring thread of: I have to really clean a few things (part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
They're here, three hours on the clock - and they're still going .. lol, it feels like what takes me a whole year to do they do in a few hours. Feels awkward. Oh well.

Floris

Staff member
Four hours, and they're gone. The apartment looks nice, they really did a nice job. It defn. was needed. This speeds up my list and gives me space to do other tedious todo items for the apartment

Floris

Staff member
Gosh, waking up to an apartment that's "up to date", rather than "I play catchup" .. really nice. I know in a day it will probably look the same again, but still. Right now it's nice.

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
I'm so far behind that's it's not even a case of playing catch up now.

Aim of today:

Clear hob so I can cook
Clear tables ready for Christmas decorations
Empty rubbish and recycling

If time/motivation:
Clear sofa
Washing up

Washing up should really be a priority but I lack motivation for that, but there's so much that has to be done that just getting a little bit done will be a help

Floris

Staff member
I'm so far behind that's it's not even a case of playing catch up now.

Aim of today:

Clear hob so I can cook
Clear tables ready for Christmas decorations
Empty rubbish and recycling

If time/motivation:
Clear sofa
Washing up

Washing up should really be a priority but I lack motivation for that, but there's so much that has to be done that just getting a little bit done will be a help
Yeah, same, but I finally caved and got out of my comfort zone. I worked hard this year to try and get my apartment to this level. So I was comfortable enough to reach out for help, and find someone I am comfortable enough with to come and power through the apartment. it costs money, unfortn. but, I start 2023 with feeling caught up, rather than behind even further. I can recommend it. And it gives you more time to then nitpick on the other things on the list they wont do or can't do or you don't want them to do.

This thread here, .. with you and nix and whomever participates, (i know we have some lurkers). It super helps me. you two help me with motivation and support and i got so much more done the last few years than how it was in 2015/2016. My routine has tripled, the dirtiness is cut down to just being super dusty and falling behind, rather than living like a bum basically. it helps me with my metal health as well, an apartment feeling tidy and fresh is making me feel like i am making progress.

Floris

Staff member
Today I've spent extra time trying to move things around and out of their place, and clean the floor.

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
Cleared the big table
Did a load of washing
Took recycling out

Floris

Staff member
- vacuumed the livingroom

- mopped the hallways and the kitchen

- and moved chairs and curtains out of the way

- then let the robot vacuum thing do 2x pass, deep clean, high vacuum, high mopping .. through the whole apartment.

- boiled like 12 eggs for lunch, salad with dinner, and tomorrow's breakfast.

- started doing dishes but lower back hurt at this point, so will do the rest later after lunch

edit:

- laundry done

- dryer done

- folded up clothes

- gathered up trash, threw it out

- gathered up some empty boxes, threw them out

Last edited:

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
Sigh, I am waiting for scrubby sponges to turn up so i can finish the cooker and bathroom as i run out :'(

I am off to the hospital today to get x-ray on my wrist so most of the late afternoon is spoken for.
I have some to do items but nothing worth popping here....silly little things till those sponges turn up lol

Floris

Staff member
Sigh, I am waiting for scrubby sponges to turn up so i can finish the cooker and bathroom as i run out :'(

I am off to the hospital today to get x-ray on my wrist so most of the late afternoon is spoken for.
I have some to do items but nothing worth popping here....silly little things till those sponges turn up lol
yikes, best of luck with that.

Reactions: Nix

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
Cleared another table
Done a load of washing
Done some washing up
Took a bag of rubbish out

Will aim to take another bag of rubbish our, and do another load of washing up

Floris

Staff member
- did 5 minutes of dishes, but had ppl at the door. will probably do more tonight or tomorrow morning.

- mopped the floor in the bedroom that I could reach, and then let the robot on highest settings do what I missed. (now I can start moving things around, throw things out, make more space, etc.. so I can clean the bedroom better - and ill be one step closer to painting the wall)

- threw boxes out

- threw tash out

- checked mailbox

- cleaned some dirty container, letting them soak now

- cleaned the toilet real quick so I stay current

- organized black Friday sales, purchases, deliveries. one to go for tonight

- dropped off a return box at postal office.

Reactions: Nix

Floris

Staff member
I've done nothing on friday, and im proud of it! We need days off from cleaning too :P

That said, I will gather up some trash and gather up some dishes.. so less work to get started tomorrow.

Floris

Staff member
- new bialetta moka express six cup coffee thing arrived last night (late), this morning after working up I've washed it a bit, and put water in it to steam through, and ill wash it again.

- gathered up the trash and it's ready to be moved downstairs in a bit.

- used the Swiffer to dry mop the floor so to speak, getting all the crap from the corners together.

edit:

oof belly is upset ;/

- tried to clean the freely made space in the bedroom a bit, mopped the floor real quick and then sent the robot to it for a better cleaning haha.

- went into town for a bit to tell my body my belly is JUST FINE. and to get some more wrapping paper and I run into an extra present as well. Will wrap those later

- I've run the air purifier on high for 15 minutes in the livingroom to help fight dust, particles, germs, etc. And will keep it running for another hour on silent. Before moving it to the bedroom/hallway area later

Last edited:

Floris

Staff member
And we're done for today.

- Used the swiffer to dry mop the hallway, and used the vacuum to hover the ledges and corners. My bike's there, so I moved things out of the way, closed/opened the right door and set the robot to wet mop and hover too, so that one is done too now.

- threw some boxes out, still have a big one left though. maybe tomorrow.

- gathered up trash, it's ready to be thrown out next, also maybe tomorrow.

- tidied up the dishes, so it's easier to start, and yes, still haven't done them

- deep cleaned the coffee equipment.

- sent the robot to the bedroom one more time after moving boxes around, so there's less crap on the floor now.

- threw broken chair parts out

- organized my todo list for apartment upgrade, apartment cleaning, and some other personal offline stuff

- deliveries for today showed up, except the new tv (cries in Spanish)

- I don't have any evidence they show up tomorrow, so maybe tomorrow it is early cleaning day, then staying in bed with iPad to watch movies, etc. and finalize sinterklaas stuff - before hectic monday

Last edited:

Floris

Staff member
- woke up 8am :/ had a shower, cleaned the shower glass panel and the sink as well.

- did 50% of the dishes

- let the vacuum robot clean the bedroom and hallway on all low settings.

edit:

- trash thrown out

- dishes organized so it's easier to start on the 2nd half

- dryer emptied and wiped off, then cleaned the filters, and finally used the vacuum to properly clean the filter and trying to get into every corner to get any fluffy bits out.

- organized deliveries, I think I have something coming today through DHL, then messo lunch, then groceries.

- made some plans on how to approach apartment updates/ fixes, cleaning.
* painted wall in kitchen, got the stuff and equipment to put up planks there, and in livingroom, bedroom and hallway.
* got paint for the hallway, after which I can fix ceiling in living room
* once wall paint and livingroom paint is dry, I can put up coat hanger, and then Christmas gradient led lights behind curtain in the livingroom
* once the tv is here, I know where in the livingroom I might want some planks
* once the one single wall is painted in the bedroom, I can put up those planks

Last edited:

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
Todays list;

Shopping
Washing up
Tidy kitchen
Bathroom
Clothes washing
Call Spain
Sort out bus timetable for exams for Abbs
Rubbish out

Floris

Staff member
- few things showed up with dhl,
- groceries are staring at me
- lunch done
- air purifier is doing a full blast for a bit in the bedroom and now on auto mode until tonight.
- wifi extender installed, fixing some dead spots in the apartment (so annoying)

edit:

- watered the plants, earlier, but I think I might have forgot to mention that

Last edited:

Floris

Staff member
- dishes done (minus last bit of forks/knives)
- swiffered the floor in the apartment
- used that rubber thing to get condensation off of the kitchen window
- turned on the humidifier and air purifiers again for a bit
- put some things away in their place to start tidying up
- figured out which deliveries show up today, and got up in time (had a shit night sleep)

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
Right procrastinated enough, so today's to do list:

Do some of the washing up
Take out rubbish and recycling clear side table
Clear sofa

Floris

Staff member
- fake plant showed up
- apple tv thing showed up, tried to install that (silky smooth of course)
- paint showed up!

I can start planning things now.

Meanwhile I've tidied up left and right a bit, but now I have packaging boxes and stuff everywhere. i have to tidy up all over again.

Floris

Staff member
Update:

hectic day with 500 million things, dunno how to write it down, but we made progress.

appointment for deliveries for tomorrow made
missing cable ordered

Wednesday the guy who I pay rent to shows up for a chat
thursday handyman shows up for a fix

Friday tidying up after a week of all this hectic stuff

Saturday I plan to sleep all day

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
6pm and all I've done is take out rubbish and recycling

Floris

Staff member
6pm and all I've done is take out rubbish and recycling
If you did 100% nothing, you'd at least would have had some rest. So dont' worry about it. It's something, and every bit helps make the next todo item a little easier :)

Status
Not open for further replies.