The boring thread of: I have to really clean a few things (part 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
Oh boy, here we go again.. Spring / Summer 2023.

Picking up a fresh new thread with boring things like "I really have to clean / tidy this, .. " Feel free to participate.

Part 1, October 2020 (first thread)

Part 2, May 2021 (second thread)

Part 3, November 2021 (third thread)

Part 4, June 2022 (last thread)

Part 5, May 2023 (this thread)

Okay, this is more a personal entry than a 'hey look at this stuff' thread, sorry to bore you yet again. I just wanted a way to hold myself accountable and mainly to let me keep track of what I was trying to do today.

I once said: "Who knows, maybe this turns into a thing that we can keep going once or twice a year." And I cannot believe it's been yet another year. Since October 2020 we've started helping each other and doing daily tasks little and large. And I think it's clearly showing. We feel better about ourselves and our homes. It is crazy what we've achieved. Thumbs up to everybody that made any progress.

To all the lurkers, feel free to ask for an account or log in and participate. I see your DM msgs saying you've worked and read this thread, feel free to join in and say hi. Even if you do one thing a month, that's still 12 things a year. And I think twelve is a bigger number than zero. Don't feel shy to share your struggles with cleaning, ask questions. We're all here supporting each other and learning.

So, let's get started. Whattah we gonna tidy, clean, organize, prepare, think about .. what are we going to achieve today?

POST BELOW what you might do today, cleaning a kitchen? Vacuum the hallway? Tidying up the bedroom? It sounds boring, but indulge me and leave a reply, please. And if you have any questions let's discuss it.

Also, please let me know if you listen to any music, videos, podcasts, have the tv on, or whatever. What's your cleaning routine or equipment preferences, or what do you like or hate to do?

Floris

Staff member
Annnnd we're back with part 5 !!

I can't believe we're already in Spring 2023, .. Last year we've finished bathroom and toilet renovation, organized a lot of the inheritance stuff so it's at least all together and out of the livingroom. And I have worked hard to get the apartment to a level where I am more comfortable getting visitors. And I got to the mental point where I could find some peace in my mind and reach out to ask for help. Once in a while someone comes to help me catch up.

My goals are to keep up with everything and focus on the bedroom, working towards renovating the kitchen. Complete the painting of rooms (last year I did the little extra room upstairs, and the crappy wall in the bedroom). And the balcony is certainly getting some attention this summer season. I want to enjoy it this june/july/august at least.

Other goals are to get started on making room one way or another in the two storage rooms that are filled with inheritance boxes, so I can move things out of the bedroom and get my room back.

Lowering my stress, organizing my apartment, and keeping things clean.. I am sure it's all possible. While it looks like little progress, looking back on the part 4 thread and knowing how much I got done compared to part 3 and especially 1 and 2 .. I think I can be proud of myself.

Not just that, YOU who read this, whatever you've done in your life to improve it, so you can move forward and be comfortable in your safe space.. please be proud of yourself soon.

A special thanks to Joan and Nixxy, and my sister and an offline friend, for motivating me, and participating in this thread and offline conversations. It helps me take one step at a time to fill up a thread like this and make bigger moves in the long run. Thank ypuiuiUUUuoui

Alright, .. today: Did the dishes, gathered up the trash, organized the pantry stuff that the grocery store delivered, and sorted out two boxes with stuff for Emily who will pick it up this Saturday. Friday the cleaning lady comes and we will try to focus on cleaning some kitchen equipment and the apartment curtains (we will see how far we get).

Floris

Staff member
I had to cancel the cleaning lady, I was a zombie ~ had a terrible night.

Floris

Staff member
- Cleaned the apartment a bit more, especially the floor,
- Aired out the apartment,
- Made up the bed so it doesn't look like a bum lives there,
- Threw laundry in the washing machine, but forgot to turn it on.
- Cleaned toilet a bit better,
- Cleaned bathroom sink,
- Moved some things around on the balcony.

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
Done way too much yesterday so today is just a bit of clothes washing later on.

Floris

Staff member
Today I've done some dishes, but my back hurt halfway through, sooooo, I didn't finish the dishes.

And I've started laundry, so I have towels again, hehe.

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
Today I've washed my hair!

Do have a tip run booked though, so bye bye broken appliances and printer!

Reactions: Nix

Floris

Staff member
- Organized the dishes in the kitchen, so I can get started.
- Gathered up the trash, bin liner is full again, I can bring it downstairs later.
- Airing out the apartment now that we have had 2 days of meh warm air. Nice and cool stormy wind now, so air it out baby.
- Looking at tv console tables with @Nix to figure out what I want and what my budget has to be.
- I've made sure ALL my devices are up to date, firmware, OS, etc. Including homepod and airpod chargers, etc. (do yours, there are security updates on all apple products)
- Run the air purifier in the livingroom a few hours on silent here and there.
- Run the robot on vacuum and 2x mopping (low) in the kitchen after last night's cooking.

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
Ok day off, I would like to make the kitchen my target area today

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
Done pretty well, 2 lots of rubbish out, 2 lots of recycling out. A load of washing done and the majority of the washing up done.

Floris

Staff member
Nice job everybody :)

I've done more dishes, and started prepping to clean on Wednesday, so I got a clean place for the haircut lady who should be here on thursday

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
Went and got parsnips and rhubarb from the allotment and had a baking afternoon, of course that means kitchen is a mess

Floris

Staff member
- did a few dishes
- gathered up trash, got 2 full to throw out

health issues are back, so fml, sigh. i try and I try, but then the universe smacks me in the nuts again.

cancelled today's appointments.

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
Got most of the baking washing up done yesterday, so pleased about that. Still lots of cleaning to do, so I'll see what I can get done this evening

Floris

Staff member
We will be cleaning the apartment today, cleaning lady will be here any minute. While she's doing some rooms I will work on the computer table, kitchen a bit, and throw the trash out. then since I am blah-zombie, I will go to bed after for a power nap.

airing out the apartment at the moment

Floris

Staff member
- stove done
- floor done
- bathroom done
- toilet room done
- dusting done
- fridge done
and all done proper, and I organized things, made sure it ended up how I wanted.

dishes not done yet.

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
So far I've done a wash load and put it outside to dry.
Got another load in washing.
Put all the washing up away ready to do the last pan.
Swept the kitchen floor.
Chatted to a friend online.
Waiting for a friend to pop over for a cuppa.

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
Had lunch
2 cuppas
hung out 2nd load of washing
scrubbed the garden table so its not green anymore!

Floris

Staff member
Had lunch
2 cuppas
hung out 2nd load of washing
scrubbed the garden table so its not green anymore!
cofffeeeeee

i had a day off so to speak, everything on ignore, tech in 1 corner, .. and opened it up again at 6pm.

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
Just scrubbed/cleaned swept rubbish away patio day

Floris

Staff member
- most deliveries showed up.
- ordered thai food
- ignored dishes, and I'm ashamed! i promise ill start and finish them 100% before monday!
- threw empty boxes out
- picked up something cool that neighbours threw out, haha. will clean that this weekend.
- tidied the floor a bit
- made a cleaning plan for the weekend
- figured out what and where and how I want the "coffee corner" to be

Status
Not open for further replies.