The boring thread of: I have to really clean a few things (part 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
Okay, pfff, i need a nap :D

- More things that I need to be sorted and ordered.

- Including 2 E14 lightbulbs for those 2 lamps that are still not on LED, but I hardly ever use them, I don't like the light. It's time to fix the bedroom light and the living room table lamp. Can't wait for it to arrive.

- Bought some fake plants and pots for the balcony to hang up to add colors to the green.

- Pots and pans are done! The dishes are complete.

- Mokka pot cleaned.

Next for me is to work on the living room table, and move the farm to the hallway that's now almost empty. But I can't move the farm thing until the living room table is easy to move around. Means I have to empty that first. I already got the crates to temp-store stuff in that I can shove into a little storage room. a to b to c ..

Floris

Staff member
- The ceiling lightstrip installlllllled, finally sorted it out. SHEESH.
- Emptied livingroom table
- I've moved the temporarily moved boxes back into the littlest storage room, stacking them semi-properly.
- Ordered a few extenders so I can connect more than 1 thing to this outlet. I NEED LIKE A BILLIO... nevermind, I wont let it get to me.

Stuff still to do..

- move livingroom table out of the way so I can move the farm
- remove the last few things from the hallway (my bike's there, and my vacuum cleaner)
- move the farm to the hallway
- sort out the livingroom
- clean the furnace
- throw the trash out
- collect deliveries
- make dinner
- move the carpet that's rolled up to a temporary new location so I have more space in that direction
- maybe do some quick cable management of the tv stuff, it's quite messy, I can do better
- clean the square balcony table, as I will need it inside
- sort out the chairs for the livingroom table
- clean toilet

Enough to keep me busy for a few days.

Last edited:

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
ok Today I have not done much at all lol...

Must do in next 2 days;

Finish painting garden
put garden back together and lights up
washing up
hoover
tidy living room
tidy hallway
rubbish out
water plants
clothes away
clothes washing
duvet/bedding washing
fix hoover
meal plan
&
do another shop

Floris

Staff member
Thank you @Nix for waking me up :D It's now closing in on midnight, and I slept okay enough. My body aches from all the heavy lifting today haha. BACK TO WORK.

I've just checked out in the dark how the balcony looks and the gradient light on the inside does wonders, I can see on the balcony again at night! And with the recent changes to it, it's going to be a cozy comfy fancy summer. I love it. hehe. Feels good to make that progress.

- The shield wiring against the balcony fence thing, I've moved it around a bit and pulled it taut. It's all a bit better, looks a bit neater.
- Made room on the balcony to get the table out of the way, ready to be moved to the other side, for once the final balcony rug is here. Year 1, got one.. year 2, got another, now year 3, finally the third one. Slowest budgeting I've done so far, a couple of bucks a month to pay for it
- The old bamboo crap shield that's left over, that was broken by the storms and weathering, the other day I removed it finally, and it's just lying on the floor. I've gathered it up and thrown away a bit in the bin liner, but the bigger stuff needs to get dealt with differently. I need daylight for that.

- I've moved the living room table out of the way so I could move the farm.
- Whatever was on the table is in a crate in temporary storage.
- Cleaned the living room table.
- Vacuumed the floor in the living room, swiffered the cleaned floor,
- then told the vacuum robot to do a better job than me, on high, 2x, and mopping on high 2x,
- When it was done, I mopped the floor so there was no water left.
- I've removed the last few things from the hallway
- Moved the bike to the entrance hallway for now, will move it back to the other hallway once I am done.
- Moved the manual vacuum cleaner to the smallest storage room.
- Cried a little but moved the farm to the hallway haha.
- Sorted out space in the living room first to move things around.
- And I've moved the farm carpet that's rolled up to the bedroom where it's not in the way.
- I found all four table chairs so that I can remove the discolored on. Fuck me I hate these chairs. I have a few options now in chairs, because I know some people have back issues, so they get to pick.
- The floor in the toilet has been cleaned again. Grout work done!
- I've poured some cleaning stuff down the drains in the sink in the bathroom and the little drain thingy. And let that soak in and emptied like 3 big buckets of sorta soapy hot water down it, to really flush things through.
- And I've moved the living room table in its place again for the dinner next week, I can reposition it how I want it after they're gone.
- In the entrance hallway I've moved things into the shoe-storage closet so it's out of the way, and people have room to hang up coats and put down bags, etc. I will have to dust and clean. I've already told the robot to vacuum 2x on medium.
- Tidied up a few things here and there, so I wouldn't walk into it and so it's not in the way.
- Gathered up the dishes, it's really not a lot, so I better stay on that now that I've caught up basically.
- I've vacuumed the carpet in the living room twice over the last few days, and it looks a bit less messy now. I will tell the robot vacuum to go over it on high twice tomorrow when I have a bit more space.
- The light strip that I fixed, I've ordered a socket extender for it, and duct taped it a little bit, so should remain fixed for a while.
- Cleaned the kitchen surface area a little bit, more to do.
- Aired out of the kitchen by opening the window, there was a strong northern wind, so that helped.
- Run the air purifier for 10 minutes in the living room.
- Cleaned the stove pretty well.
- Cleaned the kitchen sink pretty well.
- Made macaroni sauce and it was soooo good. And later made macaroni and quickly caught up on the dishes I've made.

Things still to do:

- throw the trash out
- collect deliveries (gonna be a lot on Tuesday/Wednesday)
- prepare a schedule for the 7th, 8th, 9th, where 8th is mainly a rest day.
- maybe do some quick cable management of the tv stuff, it's quite messy, and I can do better
- clean the square balcony table, as I will need it inside.
- wash the tablecloth for that table, and figure out if I can wash the new one I just bought.
- wash my bedding.
- clean toilet bowl in a few days again, scrubby scrub
- Once the things for dinner have all been delivered (items, not food), do a test run to see how it looks. So I can manage expectations and deal with disappointment a bit better and not panic last minute for trying my best. haha

gosh, I probably forgot loads of things, I've been running around (but taking my time) to do a million things without losing track. I want my apartment summer ready, the balcony summer ready more than last year, and I want to enjoy a cozy June. And this family dinner is out of my comfort zone. But with comfy people, so it will be fine. But, I want it to be an experience for us all as well. So doing two things at once ^_^

Big things I don't look forward to do:
- Move the heavy deliveries upstairs without passing out. haha
- Put wood stuff together without breaking or ruining it, I should charge my drill now that I think of it..
- Charge drill..
- Pre-order the food on time, and call the company to confirm the order.
- Call them on the 9th to remind them to not fuck up that evening by not forgetting about us, and showing up on time.
- Putting up all the VIP things, haha. they're all cheap items, I worry it will be a stupid gimmick rather than what I have in mind.

70694520158__3D00A400-9A40-4C1F-B457-1C05A039CD97.jpegIMG_4448.jpegIMG_4415.jpeg70704339909__4CD68376-BF3B-4176-8270-A394D9F60375.jpegIMG_4463.jpeg70704344893__15941A03-C248-4150-A9A0-7481689726E8.jpegIMG_4411.jpeg

Last edited:

Floris

Staff member
Took the last 24 hours "off", no big tasks, just small little stuff.

- Just now, I've cleaned the square balcony table and took it inside.
- Put the table cloths in the washer, about to put them in the dryer.
- Made name cards to put on the plates for the diner, I had some time to kill hehe
- Found the other led strip, but no batteries, can't find them. I will go to the grocery store at 8 am, they sell them.
- Reviewing all the expected deliveries for today and making sure stuff doesn't go wrong.
- Still taking it semi easy, I still have a whole week, and I don't have to hustle now. Rest is a todo item too!
- edit: Laundry done, put it in the dryer.
- edit: dryer done, hung it to air

Things still to do:

- throw the trash out
- collect deliveries (gonna be a lot on Wednesday)
- prepare a schedule for the 7th, 8th, 9th, where 8th is mainly a rest day.
- maybe do some quick cable management of the tv stuff, it's quite messy, and I can do better
- wash my bedding.
- Once the things for dinner have all been delivered (items, not food), do a test run to see how it looks. So I can manage expectations and deal with disappointment a bit better and not panic last minute for trying my best. haha

And of course, new dishes arrive as I have breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Oh, and I have to order the balcony fresh stuff like fruit and beer/wine :D

Last edited:

Floris

Staff member
- did the dishes, MEH
- cleaned the floor
- prepared more things for the dinner
- put some of the things that showed up on the balcony
- Wednesdays deliveries all sorted
- threw out the trash
- threw out a bunch of empty delivery boxes
- and again moved chairs around a million times, they're always in the way.

(emily got sick.. i have a warm head and snotty nose.. others around me got sick too... i bet you this dinner that was scheduled for the 2nd, moved to the 9th, will get moved to a future date and then eventually never happens pff)

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
Finish painting garden
put garden back together and lights up
washing up
hoover
tidy living room
tidy hallway
rubbish out

water plants
clothes away
clothes washing
duvet/bedding washing
fix hoover
meal plan
&
do another shop

Unfortunately I still have to do this lot

Last edited:

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
Been to the garden centre and bought lots of flowers for the garden project

Floris

Staff member
Been to the garden centre and bought lots of flowers for the garden project
Yesh!
I wish i could do that, but I murder the army of flowers and plants, I caved and got fake ones :D hopefully they survive haha.

Floris

Staff member
- threw the trash out, but still have some delivery boxes to do
- Did a test run to see how it looks. All fine.
- Worked on the balcony
- Put parasol together, waiting for the weight thing.
- Put fake flowers and pots together, and put them in their spot.
- Moved things around yet again in the livingroom - but - it's looking more and more manageable.
- Tried to make a start on the bathroom closet, FAILed.. sigh.
- Started on the balcony bench, went great! phew! 50% of building done , bathroom closet start will continue on Sunday
- Cleaned the wood around the windows on the front and back.
- Cleaned the back of the balcony, so the rug can be there,
- and put the rug there, and the bench on it, etc.
- and loads of million tiny little things to improve the kitchen, bedroom, living room, hallways, and balcony. Every little bit helps right?

Still to do:

- collect deliveries (Monday afternoon I think)
- wash my bedding.

Floris

Staff member
Slept okay again, hopefully, a trend!

- Did the dishes so I don't fall behind.

- Tidied up a few things here and there for 5 minutes.

- Put the bathroom closet that I bought together (minus the doors and 2 planks) and did a test run by putting it in the bathroom, looks great. Will worry about the doors another day.

- Vacuumed things off of the rug outside on the balcony, I was starting to make a mess.

- Cleaned the bird feeder water bowl and put some bird seeds in the feeder.

- Put some more decorations on the balcony. I am happy with it, I wouldn't have had this 5 years ago, let alone 2, .. and now after cleaning, and making a start, I doubled up this year with a budget and made the most of it. And already know what next year's upgrade will be. What a mental block to get over!

- Today I have to clean and tidy so it is how it was 4 days ago, ready as if it was Friday. Otherwise, I will fall behind. But today's also a rest day. So It will be in between enjoying breakfast on my updated balcony once the sun comes around the corner. And then tidying up the living room, then relaxing, and doing some dishes and tidying up the kitchen. Then relaxing and tidying up the living room and throwing some boxes downstairs.

Two things didn't arrive, 3 plants and a set of screws. I suspect I will never see those screws. I complained to live chat and email and tried to call, but despite being a well-known Dutch company I get no response. Monday I will call the bank to request the money back. I suspect the plants to show up today. OH, now that I think of it, for the parasol I am still waiting for the weight that ill have to fill with water. Hopefully, it's exactly what I need. pff. No deliveries this week, so I have more moments where if I don't feel super I can just relax and ignore the world. So that will all work out great. I will have enough time to slowly start setting the table, wash the beer and wine glasses, order groceries and place the order for Friday, etc. Anyway, the dinner is a nice motivation for me to get things ready, and I was hoping to do this all in May, so I could enjoy it in June, but, it's June and that's how life is. Enjoying it now already though. Having a good week. 1,5 years ago this would get my heart rate up, give me anxiety, and prevents me from sleeping.

Floris

Staff member
- Washing done, in the dryer now.
- Had food
- Threw some boxes out, and some wood things that I don't need and are just laying around
- told the robot to clean the living room floor
- looking at my knee, it hurts, .. and had a shower.

Floris

Staff member
- worked on the apartment yesterday, doing a million tiny things in between feeling brought.
- feeling better today so far, did some dishes to catch up. and did more on the decorations.
- will go clean the sinks.
- sorted out the food delivery stuff, one order showed up yesterday, Thursday the fresh stuff for Friday
- and I have to remember to call the deli Friday to confirm they are indeed here by 7 and wont forget my order.

Floris

Staff member
Well, everybody's sick or whatever, so all that work for the dinner is now .. well, only for me, I have a clean apartment that looks nice, and I have my summer apartment upgrade done I guess .. but I am bummed about it.

Celebrating by ignoring real life, family, and my apartment until after Monday. And ill focus on avoiding family to not get sick, and go on some mini vacation during june, and enjoy my upgraded balcony.

Floris

Staff member
- moved a few things around, cleaned bathroom floor, and that's it. ignoring real life, just enjoying it. oh and I gathered up some trash. and dealt with the extra groceries that showed up.

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
Sigh, tomorrow is guna suck haha

Washing up
Hoover
Bathroom
Clear hallway
Clothes washing
Clothes washing done and upstairs
Order gold skull buttons
Oder gold laces
Abbs off to school at noon
Sort G new home paperwork out
G over
Roast dinner do
Water flowers front and back and Sam's
pass out

Floris

Staff member
You're doing great nix

All i've done is make a mess of the balcony, I just cleaned it all a bit
And I've gathered up some trash and am down to just one box to throw out. I will do that later today too.

I have very little dishes, but ill leave it for tomorrow.

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
Well I've showered and washed my hair, so that's something

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
And now the washing machine is on. Once that's finished I'll go water the plants.

Reactions: Nix

Floris

Staff member
- Dishes: did the plates and bowls, and pots and pans.

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
I've downloaded this app called forest, it's basically a timer, that if you do something for that amount of time you get a tree, and to keep the tree alive you must keep doing tasks. I've set it for 10 minutes, and this morning I did some washing up, took the bin bag out of the bin, picking up some rubbish as well.

After that I emptied the bathroom bin and took the big bag out.

I'm hoping to do another 10 minutes this evening as well.

Floris

Staff member
Ooooh! nice.

I've just cleaned the toilet floor real quick, and I mopped the hallways, real quick. And I run the airco to drop temps down to 21c.

Enjoyed the balcony for a bit, cleaned the bird feeder bowls, and threw trash in the binliner so it's all ready for another dishes.

That's probably it for today, maybe ill throw away an empty box, but .. taking it easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.