The boring thread of: I have to really clean a few things (part 6)

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
Well I've let everything slide this last week and need to find some mojo to get back to it and sort out this dump!!
I started with the washing up but then coffee happened!
Not feeling wonderful mentally at the moment but I'm sure that'll pass for a while soon!

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
I really need to gut this house but cant do anything till after Tuesday next week as in mid decorating at mo of living room

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
House is still a bomb site.... trying to do bits each day

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
Aim of tomorrow is to scrub the bathroom and change the bedding, including washing the duvet. It's meant to be a hot day so I want to take advantage of it and get my duvet washed.

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
Bedding is in the wash, and that's as far as I've got so far

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
Well it's the kitchen today and put up the window netting!

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
it will be a week of 25 to 30 c .. i doubt ill do any cleaning.

Reactions: Nix

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
I've put up the netting! Run out of motivation so having a coffee before starting possibly something else! I need to but just no umpff

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
I got help today, four hours total. Windows, kitchen, floor, livingroom .. i am slowly getting back to the good spot that I am happy with.

devonrex

OMG Member
Oh boy, here we go again.. Winter 2023, well, .. it is January 2024.

Picking up a fresh new thread with boring things like "I really have to clean / tidy this, .. " Feel free to participate.

Part 1, October 2020 (first thread)

Part 2, May 2021 (second thread)

Part 3, November 2021 (third thread)

Part 4, June 2022 (fourth thread)

Part 5, May 2023 (last thread)

Part 6, January 2024 (this thread)

Okay, this is more a personal entry than a 'hey look at this stuff' thread, sorry to bore you yet again. I just wanted a way to hold myself accountable and mainly to let me keep track of what I was trying to do today.

I once said: "Who knows, maybe this turns into a thing that we can keep going once or twice a year." And I cannot believe it's been yet another year. Since October 2020 we've started helping each other and doing daily tasks little and large. And I think it's clearly showing. We feel better about ourselves and our homes. It is crazy what we've achieved. Thumbs up to everybody who made any progress.

To all the lurkers, feel free to ask for an account or log in and participate. I see your DM msgs saying you've worked and read this thread, feel free to join in and say hi. Even if you do one thing a month, that's still 12 things a year. And I think twelve is a bigger number than zero. Don't feel shy to share your struggles with cleaning, ask questions. We're all here supporting each other and learning.

So, let's get started. Whattah we gonna tidy, clean, organize, prepare, and think about .. what are we going to achieve today?

POST BELOW what you might do today, cleaning a kitchen? Vacuum the hallway? Tidying up the bedroom? It sounds boring, but indulge me and leave a reply, please. And if you have any questions let's discuss it.

Also, please let me know if you listen to any music, videos, podcasts, have the tv on, or whatever. What's your cleaning routine or equipment preferences, or what do you like or hate to do?
I really have to clean my car windows properly. I lost my dog (14 yrs old) just over a month ago and he used to slober on the car windows in the back, and I haven't been able to bring myself to clean them just yet, so they are all cloudy and gross. But the grossness reminds me of my best friend and only family that I had for 14 years, so it's a tough one.....

• Sad
Reactions: Nix

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
I've started the washing up! Put a clothes wash load on. Now waiting for food shopping delivery.

devonrex

OMG Member
I need to vaccuum all the spots my robot doesn't reach. Corners and under furniture. Will probably get this done in the next 2 days hopefully, because the Tour de France next two stages are sprints so can have it on in the background and still do other stuff for the first 3ish hours, rather than be glued to the TV like for a mountain stage :D

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
We've been told there is a building inspection on the 17th with photos being taken by a company on behalf of our landlord!!! Shhiiiiiiii........
I have so much to do its scary.

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
I delayed the inspections so I still have loads to do.

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
Pretty successful cleaning day today, changed the bedding, changed the throw on the sofa, two loads of laundry and about half the washing up done.

I should do more, but if not I've made good progress today.

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
Not sure if I'm working yet, so if working I want to at least get one lot of washing up done before I go, if not working then, finish the kitchen and finish the bathroom. Both got started yesterday.

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
Off work today, almost finished bathroom, just floor to go now. Done more washing up, still more to do.

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
Today's plan:

Washing up
Clear and clean kitchen floor
Hoovering

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
Washing up
Start Abbs room
Rubbish out

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
I need to give the kitchen and living room a deep clean before I contact maintenance to fix the leak on my boiler. Can't risk them coming out same day!

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
I have until 6pm tomorrow to gut downstairs as got the girls round for dinner tomorrow night :) :(