• Connect today Guest, Join our never resetting minecraft 1.20.4 survival server, where we explore, mine, build, and survive together. We are a family-friendly community, and open to all over the age of 13. Bring friends and make new ones!
    Features include: mcMMO RPG, Rewards for Achievements, a /market, Multiple worlds, sit on a chair, events, Economy, and more. We can't wait to have you join us!

What's next?

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
We believe in not deleting our worlds. We create them, and we stick to them. Sometimes we merge a few worlds, or some temporary added worlds get replaced or become obsolete. But, our main 'general' world, as well as our old 'legacy' world isn't going anywhere. By the way, just type: /general or /legacy to teleport to them.

What's next? A couple of things are on the agenda, but they might require time. This is a hobby, and we depend on the dedication of other developers, their free time, and our own free time to make the appropriate changes.

Since it is a hobby, we do not have any funding, or very little, to run a server super professionally. But in return we try to provide a fun place with a smile, and are not too strict with our active and regular players.

Anyway, here is a bit of our history: https://omgboards.com/threads/minecraft-history.260949/
Here's our changelog: https://omgboards.com/threads/minecraft-changelog.260948/

And this thread is a discussion about what you guys want for our future, as well as what we have on our agenda. From feature introductions to server upgrades.

Where are we now? December 2016, 1moreblock.com is hosted on an iMac at my home. On a 30mbit upstream connection. It uses the internal HDD, and I store backups to the cloud. The iMac is getting old.

Where will we go from here? Via https://floris.computer/ I am saving up for a new iMac system. It will have an SSD drive, much more memory, and a more modern CPU. This will drastically improve performance and all that good stuff. The plan was to be moved to the new system by now, but Apple Inc. decided against releasing an iMac in 2016, so yeah..

Where are we now? Still December 2016, and we're running the latest builds of Spigot for Minecraft version 1.11.2, there's no 1.12 or higher yet, so we're up to date. Thankfully the right plugins still work for us to run the server publicly.

Where will we go from here? I am sure there will be future releases of Minecraft, such as version 1.12, 1.13, etc. And the plugins we are using seem to be 'active' enough to get the development they need to follow this update pattern. Hopefully the shift to a new version will not take as long as it has before. But we aren't in control of this. Fingers crossed!

Where are we now? Yep, still December, and the website is back online. I can still use my XenForo forum software license, and I still have access to my VPS where I can host the web site. You're on the site now, so we're all good. Through the forums I hope to be able to have a way to communicate with us when the server is down (hosted at a different location, so the site is up when the server is down, and visa versa, that's a good thing). The forums also allows me to share information like this, handle problems with players, and discuss features and their settings with our community.

Where will we go from here? I hope to find the funding of $50 USD to upgrade the XenForo to the latest 1.x branch, and in 2017 to upgrade it to their new 2.0 version (pricing unknown to me). And I hope to find the funding of $60 USD to renew the domain name and VPS hosting for 2017. So I can keep hosting it where it is now. Again, this is a hobby, money comes out of my own pocket unless someone is willing to donate or help invest. The plan though is to keep the site online.

Where are we now? We have great features in December 2016, we still have mcMMO, and we have added a Market Place (/market), and we can now sit on Chairs (stairs). Usergroups are still in play, and we will upgrade some of our users to their right usergroup soon (so if you haven't played in a while, make sure you login!). We still have our homes and warps, and a backup database of our old /legacy warps. Today I've actually added the first of three GUI interface updates for /warps and /kit, making it easier to find the right place to teleport to.

Where will we go from here? Well, the GUI has to get extended. I am currently developing a way to have a main menu from where you can visually choose between some of our help and info pages, warps, homes, kits, and worlds. Making it easier to organize what applies to you. A start has been made, and the second phase of development is coming soon and will be tested internally. I hope during early 2017 to make it work and push it out publicly for all the players to use. With the recently enabled economy and Market Place, I hope that players will start playing more, so they can grow their money buying and selling their items. It's a safe way, and gives a boost to our economy. And yes, you will need a bit of money for some unique items, kits, and events.

Where are we now? Events wise? Nowhere, this year we have tested adventure maps behind closed doors, and creative mode elements in our /test world with a few regular players.

Where will we go from here? We have plans for events, and hope to find the time to do them as much as possible. However, my aim is to do one every season. Maybe even one every month if we get enough players. Some events will be private, some will be spontaneously. Some will be announced ahead of time. Stay tuned! Oh, what are events? Think build-contests, creative-mode invites, hardcore mode servers, adventure map weekends, pvp arena fights, or mini-game whitelist servers, etc.

Where are we now? Our worlds in 2016 are up to date to 1.11.2, and our temporary worlds like the end, the nether, and the mining world have been reset. You can go there again to gather up some new resources, items, blocks, etc. And build with them in the general world or the legacy world. Our spawn has been updated to match the season, and there's a special little Christmas biome developed by emmabear on our test world that looks really amazing. Anyway, rumors fly around ..

Where will we go from here? Yeah, like I said, rumors .. There's a myth we will be a hub with many worlds, this is not true. I am not sure how that came about. We will stay on Spigot for a while, until we're forced to make a big change. And our worlds aren't going anywhere. We have plans to make a big update to our spawn areas at some point in 2017. Have a youtube world in the Summer of 2017. And secret creative-mode whitelist server or world for juuuust a couple of our regulars (which could be you! so become active!). The plan for me is to waste loads of time in 2017 traveling on the /legacy world and fixing builds and terraform the areas around them. As well as upgrading them to 1.11.2 to look more shiny. But if you like rumors, how about this one: There are talks between me and Mistic_Ice about adding a world for a contest winner that they can control. Your own world? WHA! Who knows.. no promises.

Also, we currently have a few worldborders in place - most of them will disappear in 2017 at some point.

Where are we now? The team we have now in December 2016 is big enough for us to be happy with. We have a few temporary operators that help out with various things. And our old group of staff is still there. With the coming usergroup changes we might shift things around a little bit, but as it stands now. We do not need more staff members.

Where will we go from here? As our universe grows in 2017, so will our demand to have an extra pair of eye on the 1mb universe. This could be you. So, how to get it? Be online, be active, be crafting, be building, be mining, be helping, be nice, be a friend. Good people that are patient and helpful, eventually get noticed and become eligible to join the team. So yeah, that could be you.

Do you have any questions now? Or suggestions? Not agreeing with something? Just let me know here or contact me for a personal chat. We're a community, and that means everybody their input is helping it shape it.

Last edited:

Floris

Staff member
A small update:

Where are we now:

We just had a few big changes internally that gave us better anti cheat and anti grief control, as well as new features such as 'Events', and in-game rewards and perks. We've been settling down and learning the plugins and their features, and are more familiar with upgrading and updating. And a lot more organised.

This is all on version 1.11.2.

Where are we going:
There is a snapshot out for 1.12 of Minecraft, but that's it. There are no Spigot builds or plugins supporting 1.12 as of today, but I am sure developers are making preparations. From what I can gather the 1.12 update is not as massive as 1.9 to 1.10, or 1.10 to 1.11. And hopefully this means that Spigot > Core plugins > Fun plugins .. will update swiftly and we can start testing.

What does that mean:
Nothing for you, as of right now. Until 1.12 is considered the latest Stable release by Mojang, we will be running on 1.11.2.
If it is stable, we will start reviewing Spigot builds and core plugins, and start a -test- server and invite the staff to help beta test our core features.
I will try to do a protocol-hack (as they call it) to allow 1.12 clients to connect to our 1.11.2 server.
Once the plugins run stable, and our desired features have no issues, we will review to upgrade our -live- server from 1.11.2 to 1.12 (again, we aim for this, we have no idea how Spigot or any plugin will update or perform after an update).

When will you know more:
As time goes by, it is very early.

What will this mean for 1MB:
The 2.3 version for 1.11.x of Minecraft, will go forward as 1MB version 2.4, for Minecraft 1.12.x

Will any features disappear:
If Spigot runs stable, and our core plugins run just fine. But maybe 'sitting on a chair' which I do not consider a core plugin, does not actually run. We might still update and disable the sitting on a chair feature. (example). Once we find a good alternative for plugins that don't work, or when they finally upgrade, we will try to -test- and then re-enable these features.

What about world protection, like, creepers blowing up blocks:
We consider 'protection' plugins like those a core plugin, and won't upgrade our -live- server without them.

What is the update on the new system:
Apple has released only a MacBook Pro in 2016, and after review it's not a solution I wish to go with, plus, it would mean that my 24/7 services that I run on it (including this server) require me to never close the lid. With a mobile device like a laptop that's unrealistic. They have not released the desired iMac as of yet. Hopefully Spring 2017 will change this and we will have converted from my current system to the new system before the Summer of 2017. Improvements will be a faster gpu/cpu/ram/ssd, the RAM for Minecraft could double, and the disk speed will dramatically improve. I can't wait!

How about moving to a host:
Unless I find a person and/or company that's willing to sponsor the MC server with a 12 to 24 month contract to cover the expenses to host 1MB on a reliable and realistic hosting solution for me, I have no intention to invest into a hosting solution when my home solution works just fine and is online 24/7.

What are you doing tomorrow:
Okay, I think we're done here. Tomorrow I will see you on the server, I will be there, mining and building!

[edit March 30th, 2017] We've merged the forums into omgboards.com

Last edited:

Floris

Staff member
A quick little update that the -test- server for 1MB version 2.4 is running for admins to connect to and play. This requires MC 1.12-pre2 build right now. 60% of the plugins have been converted to work with 1.12 and testing will continue.

We are looking forward to invite beta testers soon when the plugin success rate hits 75%.

And I am looking forward even more for MC 1.12 to be released 'stable', with Spigot to follow, and our 'core' plugins to run stable on 1.12. At this point, we will upgrade our 1MB live server to 2.4 with support for Minecraft 1.12.

Please note that we're currently in an early testing stage, this won't happen overnight.

Floris

Staff member
A big update: July 3rd 2017 -> The Summer Update.

We have moved to 1MB version 2.4, with support for MC 1.12, and it's running live and stable. We have also moved from the old iMac from 2009 to the new iMac from 2017.

The first post will be archived, and updated to a 2017 version later this summer.

Floris

Staff member
I've been getting a few questions about connecting with 1.9 or 1.11.2 and if we will upgrade to 1.12.1 or even 1.13. Let's give a bit of an update.

Currently, as of this post we're on 1MB 2.4, which supports Minecraft/Spigot 1.12.0 (stable).
So in short: Yes, we're on 1.12

Regarding older versions:
Yes, at this particular point we have a grace period where you can connect with (some) older clients to 1.12. Throughout August this changes.

In July we've completely dropped support for 1.7 and any version before that. And we are about to drop 1.8 and 1.9 as well.
Throughout August we will remove 1.10 as well.

Regarding 1.12.1
This is a bug release, and I do not expect there to be any problems really. It might take a few days to a week before we're fully upgraded, but I suspect the plugins we are using will either work with it, or are upgraded to work with it rather quickly.
Once we upgrade to 1.12.1 we will no longer accept 1.10 clients to connect.

Regarding 1.13
At this point it's known that 1.13 is in the making and snapshots to be out soon. After actually having a 1.13 build for Spigot, we can start building and finding out which plugins work and no longer work. But we won't upgrade to 1.13 fully until all our core and required plugins are up to date and working stable. It's possible we might allow 1.13 clients to connect to our 1.12.x server at some point.
Once we upgrade to 1.13, we will no longer accept 1.11 clients to connect.

Will we keep upgrading to 1.14 or 1.x or even 2.x in the future?
No idea, if Spigot updates, and we don't have data loss when we upgrade, and the plugins we use to run our servers with upgrade to those versions: yep, then we can. Otherwise we will stick to a stable and working version. We can't guarantee the future.

Floris

Staff member
A bit of an update :)

The Summer went great, and it's Fall season now.

We've had a stable 1.12.1 experience, dropped support for older than 1.9 versions.
And today with the upgrade to 1.12.2 we've dropped support for older than 1.12 versions.
(You can connect with 1.12, 1.12.1, and 1.12.2 at the moment).

The upgrades have gone great, pretty smooth, while still increasing and tweaking our feature list.

In regards to 1.13, I simply have no information on this and if the plugins/spigot development stays on this course I hope to upgrade along to it (but I have made no real plans yet).

Floris

Staff member
A bit of an update :) October 2018 (2.5.1)

1.12.2 - We're still on 1.12.2, and had focus on feature, performance, consistency and maintenance. We want players to have a good gaming experience. We run on java 8, and have made policy changes in reward to future updates with 1.13 and 1.14 in our future.

1.13.1 - Due to Mojang's world conversion issues between 1.12 and 1.13 this has run into delays, but the plugins are slowly moving forward and so is 1.14 with this Holiday update ahead. Fingers crossed. We've started doing tests, got a better overview of what's ahead of us, and are working on ways to make the transition as awesome and smooth as possible.

Floris

Staff member
A big update :) November 2018 (2.5.2 / 2.6.0)

- 1.12.2 has been archived, and flagged as a potential 'roll back' version if the test with 2.6.0 fails, but things should go fine.

- 1.13.2 has been released by Mojang, Spigot, and the plugins followed. Successful testing is followed by a public beta test today.

- Our focus is the 1MB 2.6.x range for Minecraft 1.13.2 for the time being, until all our plugins properly support 1.14.

- 1.14.x has been released in snapshot form by Mojang, but it's way too early to even consider it.

Floris

Staff member
A little update :) December 2018 / January 2019 (2.6.2)

- We've finished upgrading to 1.13.2 and while our todo list is still big enough to imply we're not actually finished. It's running and we're moving forward with it. It's pretty stable and getting close to the point to where we had 1.12.2 running.

- Our goal is to get through this todo list to move more elements from the older 1.12 universe over to 1.13 while drastically improving the features we have in 1.13.2 that make daily gameplay more fun.

- With our eyes on 1.14 at some point in the future, the goal is to keep the /general world and add an additional 100% fresh 1.14.x world for players to enjoy. This will be a perm world that will slowly expand over time. Moving to 1.14 completely depends on Mojang, Spigot, and plugin developers, etc. We will stick to 1.13.2 as long as possible, and it has our focus until then.

- For 2019 we want to add stability and improve the gaming experience. We have enough features that require attention, and that's what we want to focus on first, before making any big updates/upgrades, etc.

Floris

Staff member
Tiny Update 2019

We just bumped our internal version to 1MB 2.6.3, this was all about the mcMMO / Mini-games, and maintenance releases. The daily updates of 25+ changes pushed us to a birthday update. Today also marks the day the first Spigot 1.14 internal build has been released, and we're excited to hear that the public snapshots from Mojang have already resulted in a playable Spigot build. This springs hope for a smooth upgrade from 1MB 2.6 to 2.7. Hopefully the plugin developers will be on top of this as much as the Spigot team has been.

Floris

Staff member
January 1st, 2020:

We've on version 1.15.1

What's next is to create a stable 'core' again, update everything to the way that we want. And attempt to stay current.

Mojang announced 1.16 for early 2020 called the Nether Update, followed by 1.17 later in 2020 called the Mountain Update. There's also development going on regarding a combat update. We will see how this all pans out.

We have no plans to expand on hardware at the moment. The operating system and java will evolve as it organically does, and we will take it from there.

Floris

Staff member
April 3rd, 2020:

We're on 1.15.2 and it runs smooth, it's a new season, we're upgrading to newer things, and need time to get used to it and iron out the bugs and potential issues.

What's next? More 1.15.2 stuff and new worlds, and then 1.16.x

Dude111

Premium Member
Everything works good right here my friend,looks excellent and its fast also :)

Floris

Staff member
Everything works good right here my friend,looks excellent and its fast also :)
Welcome back to the site and I hope you have some fun with the old content, as well as enjoy making new stuff :)

Floris

Staff member
June 22nd, 2020.

What's next, is a fair question. We have quite some changes around the corner.

macOS 10.16?
Minecraft 1.16?
1MB 2.8 or even 3.0?
Java 12?
Docsis 3.1?
Ranks 1.0?
Groups 3.1?

We do not yet how things are going to pan out, the global pandemic of covid19 has added additional delays and stress to everybody's lives. But the Minecraft servers have been there as an escape.

We want to finalize the world setup, we want to finalize the groups and their permissions. We want to introduce the ranks and give players something fun to grind and work towards to.

We are about six months away from being a decade old. It will be fun if we can work towards celebrating this.

We have some end of year events perhaps pending, which will be fun to work on.

Maybe this year we will convert away from Spigot to Paper, as Mojang's Minecraft jars have been more and more demanding. (and I really do not want to use paper). It might also be the year where we move away from java 11 to java 12.

What's next in the near future in the Summer Update of 2020 is to nerf the features in the game ever so slightly so things are more balanced and more how they used to be. Players do have a bit of a free-for-all at the moment. We want to make things slightly tougher, not to be tough and mean, but to bring back more of a survival feeling.

Floris

Staff member
This thread keeps changing, so let's append another post.

We are on Spigot 1.16.1 now, and we've converted groups and we will focus on setting that up.
Meanwhile, our aim is to check out 1.16.2 and get on that as soon as possible.

It's possible in the future we might consider to switch to Paper, be it during 1.16 or once 1.17 hits. Or we still stick to Spigot, it's undecided.

The Summer season is about to end in September, giving me a few more weeks to work on the groups before we pick up Ranks in the Fall season of 2020.

Bringing back missing features from 1.13 and 1.15 is still on my mind. And expanding on what we have and doing quality assurance in 1.16 is very important to me. I want to play on a server that feels comfortable and stable, and not 'oh boy'.

Floris

Staff member
Mojang has released news about Minecraft 1.17.0, release date Summer 2021.
This means we will stay on 1.16.x and will attempt to remain current.

Currently we're on version 1MB 2.8.3 for Minecraft 1.16.3, and it's almost 2.8.4 for 1.16.4.

Now that we've had a network update, it's possible for us to work on bigger todo items again while working on software performance and stability and just enjoy six plus months of playing Minecraft.

Mojang has released Minecraft 1.16.4, we're prepping for this update, testing worlds and plugins, etc. It will be the next version unless a surprise 1.16.5 gets released.

We've recently added support for different protocol versions. From 1.8 to 1.17. Though I strongly recommend to use 1.16.3 at the moment.

Floris

Staff member
Update November 16th, 2020.

We just moved to Paper 1.16.4 and 1MB 2.8.4, what's next for us is the holiday season events in the end of 2020, then we will ride out the long winter until Minecraft 1.17 and prepare for upgrading everything. Hopefully we can. The first 1.17 snapshots have been released by Mojang already.

We announced the /wild world, but with the recent news of 1.17 we will soon announce that we push this back to 2021.

Notable mention: This OMG forum will be 20+ years old in 2021, and this 1MB server will be 10+ years old in 2021. We're looking for a fun 2021 celebration year. So stay tuned.

Floris

Staff member
Update, November 17th, 2021.

In September we've started testing with Java 17 and we've obviously moved this summer to Minecraft 1.17.1

We're now sticking to 1.17.1 and Java 17.

Mojang has recently announced that Java 17 will be required for 1.18, so we're doing just fine.

Today Mojang announced 1.18 officially, we've already started making preparations the last month by testing a lot of world generation and upgrade stuff so we're more familiar when we get to update.

If we will move to 1.18 in December is unknown, this depends on the Paper team and plugin developers updating to 1.18.

The /general and other worlds will get updated to the new world height where appropriate, and we will introduce a new fresh /wild world.

Floris

Staff member
Update, December 12th, 2021.

The end of Fall and the end of the 1MB 2.x era is here. Soon it will be time to switch to Winter, to 1.18.x and to 1MB 3.x.

The plan is to expand the world height, to clean up our existing worlds, to improve the spawn points we have, and to clarify gameplay to our community. We are going to try and aim for more players, so make sure to invite your friends. And we're looking forward to introducing a new perm nether and end world, along with a new wilderness.

We say bye to 1.17 soon, and welcome 1.18, as a stepping stone to 1.19 which Mojang has announced for 2022. Hopefully Spring/Summer.

Testing for 1.18 is going great and we're excited to give it a try. Hopefully we can double the fun we have on our servers with more friends to make.

Besides working on staying current, on improving the gaming experience, and to mean more for our players. We're hoping to get back on track with events and grow our team of helpers, builders, and creative builders. To cover for all the new chunks, and hopefully some new players, we've invested in a more modern system and are patiently waiting for the bandwidth to improve. Something we also hope to go live with around Spring/Summer 2022.

Welcome us in 1MB 3.x, a new era for new world heights, new gameplay and new friends. Hopefully with your help we can make it happen.

Floris

Staff member
It's 2022, what's next? Probably to continue the celebration of our decade old server, as well as some new events, and we're looking forward to adding the deep dark.

Floris

Staff member
Update:

We've removed temp worlds, made them all perm worlds.

What's next? The wild 1.19 update hopefully.

Floris

Staff member
Update:

The /end, /nether and /wild are live and can be used, we won't delete worlds.

What's next? 1.18.2 probably and then 1.19.x

With 1.19 we will be moving the server at some point from 2017 -i7 intel CPU to a more dedicated 2020 -M1 apple CPU.