Last movie you saw?

Marietta

Comes and Goes.
I'd like to specify the Loki as portrayed by Tom Hiddleston in the Marvel Cinematic Universe as the one I'd like to see get his own movie.

:p

Tricorder

Resident Maid
You should give Alan Cumming a chance too. Aside from his double entendre last name, he likes to do things the hard way, which, ironically, is a double entendre too. Heh. :D

Tricorder

Resident Maid
The Dark Knight
 ​
7633645830_94f5979af5.jpg
 ​
 ​
Well, I finally got to see this one. And, as Rose Tyler tried to get Queen Victoria to say - I am not amused. Seriously, is Christopher Nolan trying to completely destroy the Batman franchise? Hasn't Joel Schumacher did enough damage to it with Batman Forever and Batman & Robin?

The Joker in this movie is a joke (hee hee, pun :p ). And not in a good way. For example, who is he and where did he come from? The original Joker (played by Jack Nicholson) had a whole backstory which started with him being Jack Napier, a young petty criminal on the streets of Gotham City, killing Bruce Wayne's parents and rising through the ranks of the criminal underground until he fell into the pool of acid during the fight with Batman and became the Joker.

In this movie, he just came out of nowhere and started terrorizing Gotham City for his own amusement. Even the police couldn't figure out who he is when they captured him. Mmmkay... And why saving him at the end? Wouldn't it be simpler and easier to let him fall to his death, thus getting rid of him permanently? They could've even blame him for Harvey Dent's crimes to spare Batman the trouble of taking the blame for something he didn't do.

The whole movie lacks depth and feels rushed. For example, Harvey Dent's transformation from Gotham City's poster boy for justice and anti-corruption hero into Two-Face should have taken longer and make more sense, instead of simply having half of his face burned, Joker coming to him in the hospital (which he later blew up) and giving him a short speech, showing him the world from his twisted point of view, which made Dent go after his (former) friends and co-workers, instead of simply pulling the trigger and killing Joker on the spot with the gun he placed into his hand, since it was the Joker who killed his girlfriend and tried to kill him, resulting in half of his face being burned. Instead, Dent opted to blame everyone else for his loss except the one who started the whole chain of events which, in the end, resulted in Dent's demise. Damn. If he didn't become a criminal, Joker would've made a fine career as a motivational speaker.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tricorder

Resident Maid
Enemy Mine
 ​
EnemyMine1985.jpg

​

Wow. I haven't seen this one in years. Watched it on TV yesterday and realized that was actually the first time I watched it from the very beginning. Each time I watched it before I somehow managed to miss the first few opening minutes. Heh. Good movie. The ending made me cry a bit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWZRJ4pSpmM

sign0148.gif

sad0049.gif

Btw, is it just me or does Dennis Quaid bear a striking resemblance to Obi-Wan Kenobi in this movie? Look:

Dennis Quaid

968full-enemy-mine-screenshot.jpg

Obi-Wan Kenobi

/monthly_12_2013/post-746-0-39229200-1388406879_thumb.jpg

Kinda creepy, isn't it? :p

/monthly_12_2013/post-746-0-39229200-1388406879_thumb.jpg

MainerMikeBrown

OMG Member
Yesterday I saw Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls, for the first time.

I thought it was OK.  I liked Ace Ventura: Pet Detective, much better.

Tricorder

Resident Maid
I know a person who uses this song as a ringtone on her mobile phone. I'm soooooo gonna show her this video when an opportunity presents itself.  :uy: :D

Tricorder

Resident Maid
Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian
 ​
night-at-the-museum-2-battle-of-the-smithsonian2.jpg
 ​

​
Brilliant movie! First part was great, but this one is just brilliant! Just watch this scene and tell me you don't like it:

:D :D :D

Any movie that has Amelia Earhart, Darth Vader and slapping monkeys in it is a pure win. :D

I'm totally looking forward to part 3. :D

MainerMikeBrown

OMG Member
Yesterday I saw part of Jim Carrey's "Liar, Liar."

I've seen this movie a few years ago, so I already know what happened.

I like this movie better than When Nature Calls.

Tricorder

Resident Maid
X-Men Origins: Wolverine
 ​
origin.jpg
 ​
 ​
Not bad, not bad at all. Wolverine gets his famous adamantium skeleton, kicks some butt, rescues the mutant kids, Patrick Stewart shows up in the end, picks them up and takes them to his special school for special kids with special needs, or something like that.   :p

MainerMikeBrown

OMG Member
I just got done watching Rocky 2 for the millionth time.

It's nice to see a movie with a happy ending, as Rocky won the boxing title after defeating his opponent, Apollo Creed, after a grueling match.

Tricorder

Resident Maid
Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines

Terminator_3_poster.jpg

This was a second time I watched this movie. I'm not sure what to think about it. It's somewhat "weaker" than Terminator 2: Judgment Day, but still fun to watch. The only thing that irks my injun (hey Hawkeye ;) ) is the fact the movie completely ignores the events from Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles series, like they never happened, and continues where Judgment Day left off, despite the fact The Sarah Connor Chronicles does the same. Although, the movie was made before the series, so the blame actually lays on the people who made The Sarah Connor Chronicles series in a way that clashes with the movie. Bummer.

I wonder when I'll get the chance to watch the final part, Terminator Salvation.

Well, it happened. I watched it today.

terminator_salvation.jpg

I heard Salvation is the worst of all Terminator movies, but I'd like to see it anyway, just to see how the whole story ends.
I have to disagree with those opinions. I like this movie. It's even better than the prequels in some respects. I like it how the story entirely takes place in the future and shows how John Connor and Kyle Reese met for the first time. Even Arnold Schwarzenegger makes a cameo appearance as T-800 and tries to kill John Connor.

Alas, he doesn't speak. John says "I'll be back" at some point during the movie, though.

The ending leaves a lot of open space for a possible sequel, maybe even more of them, since the whole story takes place before the events that lead to the events depicted in the prequels. I'd like to see how Skynet sent T-800 from the first movie to the past to kill Sarah Connor, and the resistance sent Kyle Reese to protect her. Also, T-1000 and T-800 from Terminator 2? T-X and T-800 from Terminator 3? According to T-800 from T3, he killed John Connor, got captured by the resistance, reprogrammed and sent to the past by Kate Brewster to protect John from T-X. How about a sequel that shows those events as they happen(ed)?

Lizfizz

Pacify This!
Tucker and dale vs evil

Funny as hell lol 

MainerMikeBrown

OMG Member
The last movie I saw was Rocky 2.  I've seen this movie a lot over the years.

"Yo Adrian!  I Did It!"

Tricorder

Resident Maid
To Be Fat Like Me
 ​
1198-53100-000_EN.jpg

Hey look, it's Kaley Cuoco. Fat. :p Aside from 8 Simple Rules, Charmed and The Big Bang Theory, I don't think I've seen her anywhere else until I watched this movie. Looking through her acting history on IMDB doesn't help much either, although it says she played in Northern Exposure and Prison Break, both of which I watched (at least most of the episodes), but don't remember seeing her in either of those shows. Huh. :unsure:

Anyway, in this movie, she wore a fat suit for the purpose of proving that society is shallow and judges people solely based on their appearance while completely ignoring their personalities. Great. We already knew that, so what's new? :unsure:

P.S.

Every time I see Kaley Cuoco somewhere, either on TV or the Internet, the very first thing that comes to my mind is this:

Thanks, Sheldon. Thanks a lot.  :p

Tricorder

Resident Maid
Enemy Mine
 ​
EnemyMine1985.jpg
 ​

​

Wow. I haven't seen this one in years. Watched it on TV yesterday and realized that was actually the first time I watched it from the very beginning. Each time I watched it before I somehow managed to miss the first few opening minutes. Heh. Good movie. The ending made me cry a bit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWZRJ4pSpmM

sign0148.gif

sad0049.gif

Btw, is it just me or does Dennis Quaid bear a striking resemblance to Obi-Wan Kenobi in this movie? Look:

Dennis Quaid

968full-enemy-mine-screenshot.jpg
Obi-Wan Kenobi

attachicon.gif
Obi-Wan Kenobi.jpg

Kinda creepy, isn't it? :p

I just watched this movie again. Excellent movie. The ending made me cry a bit again. And Dennis Quaid still looks like Obi-Wan Kenobi. :p This is one of the few movies I'd like to have in my DVD collection. I can't think of a single modern movie I could say the same about at the moment.

Tricorder

Resident Maid
Gulliver's Travels
 ​
Gulliverstravels1.jpg

Dumbed down modern remake of the original.

tumblr_m6vi8yxysD1r9uyl8o1_500.gif

With Jack Black playing the main character.

tumblr_m6vi8yxysD1r9uyl8o1_500.gif

At least there's Catherine Tate in there. Would be so cool if TARDIS appeared out of nowhere, David Tennant popped his head out and yelled "Oi, Donna, whatcha doin' in this crappy movie?" :p

Tricorder

Resident Maid
Cowboys & Aliens
 ​
review-cowboys-and-aliens-dvd.jpg

Well, whaddaya know. Humans aren't the only suckers for gold in the universe. Turns out there's a whole alien race out there that, similar to the aliens from Independence Day, goes from planet to planet and pillages all the gold they can find. And kills native inhabitants along the way, just for the sake of it. Mmmkay... 
confused0071.gif

Despite the shallow storyline and not to so great directing, this movie ain't so bad. It has its moments. I'm kinda surprised to see Harrison Ford playing the role of a semi-bad guy, which in the end turns out not to be so bad after all. Daniel 'James Bond' Craig didn't really impress me in his role of the main character. Olivia Wilde outshone them both, if you ask me, despite the fact Daniel Craig had the cool alien high-tech pew-pew bracelet.  :p Too bad her character died at the end. At least it was a heroic death, so I guess that counts for something.