Last movie you saw?

Aly

OMG Member
My best friend and I are seeing The Hobbit tonight! There's a movie theater here that serves food and drinks, so we're going to drink champagne and get our "geek" on. I'm very excited, and your positive review just made me moreso!

Tricorder

Resident Maid
Doom

300px-Doom_Poster.jpg

Oh yeah. Completely deprived of any meaningful storyline, but who cares when it has this scene:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKLUtrXsXhU

I want a sequel to this movie with more FPS scenes. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

nineteen

keys to a counter are timing. and the heart-Miyata
lake mungo

most likey isn't really a true story. not a screamer or a surprise type of movie. one scene got the butterflies going though. -.- not recommended for those who don't like less action or fast paced stories. i guess this would be a suggested not recommended.

side note. a few times the heater made the usual nosies it makes but when i was watching this, the noises startled me twice. -.-

Tricorder

Resident Maid
The Day the Earth Stood Still

The-Day-the-Earth-Stood-Still.jpg

Modern version, of course, not the original from 1951, although I remember watching that one as well years ago.

daytheearthstoodstill.jpg

So apparently, some aliens who think they have the authority over the entire universe have decided to save planet Earth from its greatest pestilence - Humans, by eradicating all man-made structures and the mankind itself from existence with the intention to give Earth "a second chance" since mankind has been deemed destructive and unwilling to change. Of course, love conquers all, so the mankind manages to avoid eradication in the end. Whaddaya know...

Hawkeye

OMG Member
My wife and I watched Sherlock Holmes: A Game Of Shadows

From the beginning, I have had a negative opinion of casting an American actor as Sherlock Holmes. I grew up watching Basil Rathbone as the venerable Holmes and it was done with respect to the author's (Doyle's) creation.

All of that aside and just judging this film as it is, I can say it was a decent enough story, the actors delivered fine performances, the visuals were interesting.

One more thing, I want the name and location of the idiot that thought up the mind numbingly stupid, slow motion pre-fight, fight scenes. Not only was the slow motion, extremely slow...it had narration blended with some kind of weird clairvoyance. I want to beat the person responsible into unconsciousness, revive him, force him to watch a film of the beating in extreme slow motion and ask him if he learned anything.

nineteen

The Raid:Redemption(unrated)

alot of action and very graphic. loved it. enjoyed everything about this. the story, fight scenes and the short guy in the final fight scene.

Marietta

Comes and Goes.
Les Misérables

25krkop.jpg

Yeah, I watched it a few days ago and it definitely made my weekend. The singing was splendid and the acting as well. I felt Russell Crowe as Javert was kind of weak at the start, but I got over it after 'Confrontation'. My favorite parts are when Anne Hathaway sings her heart out as Fantine for 'I Dreamed a Dream' and when Eddie Redmayne as Marius sings 'Empty Chairs at Empty Tables'. The emotions in these two songs are just "WOW".

...It didn't really make me cry though.

nineteen

"Trouble with the Curve" Clint Eastwood, Justin Timberlake, and Amy Adams. Enjoyable. when ever i was looking away from the screen i could of swore Amy Adams was Katherine Heigal  

Tricorder

Resident Maid
Star Trek
 ​
st11.jpg
 ​
 ​
Dafuq did I just watch? 
confused0003.gif
This is supposed to be Star Trek? :unsure:  Don't get me wrong, it's a good movie, but it's not Star Trek. It's closer to Star Wars than to Star Trek. I don't even know where to start complaining.

Let's start with the Enterprise itself. It looks wrong on the inside and on the outside. Phasers? I'm sorry, Mr. Director, but Starfleet phasers are supposed to be beam-type weapons, not pulse-type, like Klingon and Romulan disruptors. That includes hand-held phasers as well. Romulan ship, the Narada? What the... That's supposed to be a 24th century Romulan design?

tumblr_m6vi8yxysD1r9uyl8o1_500.gif

Spock making out with Uhura? Kirk getting promoted from Cadet to Captain without any previous command experience, if we don't count his Kobayashi Maru test which he cheated to pass by altering the test parameters anyway?

tumblr_mbbzeg39iQ1resklmo1_500.gif

I could keep complaining, but I'll say something positive instead now. I like it how Abrams made a reference to Star Trek Enterprise show by having Scotty mention how he used Admiral Archer's beagle to test some new method of transportation he came up with, but was deemed impossible by Starfleet. I also like it how Abrams tried to connect his characters with the original TOS characters by having them use their famous catchphrases, like having Doctor McCoy say "Dammit, man! I'm a doctor, not a physicist!", or Scotty telling Kirk "I'm giving you all she's got!", but the characters are too different from their original counterparts, except maybe Kirk who is equally, if not even more horny. :p

The amount of action in this movie is off the scale. I like watching spaceships battling each other, but this is way too much action for a Star Trek movie. And everything happens so fast! It's like the whole movie has been filmed at Warp speed, like all characters are hyperactive.

I'm not too fond of the storyline. This Nero guy decided to take vengeance on the whole Federation in the 23rd century because an exploding star destroyed Romulus in the 24th century and Spock was unable to prevent it, even though he tried. Makes no sense to me. I mean, how would destroying the entire Federation prevent a star from exploding a century later? Even I could come up with a better and more plausible storyline.

Final verdict: Good movie, but it's not Star Trek.

nineteen

Robin Hood(2010) russell crow, cate blanchett. nothing bad to say aboot this.
finallyplz.gif
to Cate blanchett

Tricorder

Resident Maid
Hot Shots! Part Deux
 ​
62_d_27670_0_HotShotsPartDeux.jpg
 ​
 ​
Movie parodies have always been one of my favorite movie genres. Hot Shots family is definitely among my favorite parodies of all times. Charlie Sheen spoofing Tom Cruise and Sylvester Stallone's roles from Top Gun and Rambo movies - priceless.

This sequel is even better than the first part. In addition to spoofing Rambo, it also makes occasional references to other famous movies, like Star Wars, Terminator, The Wizard of Oz, etc. Here are some of the best parts:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQxvSsVQkoU

Brilliant. :D

On the side note; Charlie Sheen, who plays the role of Topper Harley, Jon Cryer, who plays the role of Jim 'Wash Out' Pfaffenbach and Ryan Stiles, who plays the role of 'Mailman' Farnham in the first part and the role of Rabinowitz in the sequel, all play together in Two and a Half Men. Heh.  =)

Tricorder

Resident Maid
Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace
 ​
star-wars-episode-i-the-phantom-menace-poster.jpg
 ​
 ​
I don't get it; why so many people hate this movie? What's so horribly wrong with it that deserves such hatred from so many Star Wars fans? Okay, sure, it could've been better and it's different from the original trilogy in many regards, but so what? I think it shows quite nicely how Palpatine rose to power from being just one of many galactic Senators to becoming a Supreme Chancellor, which he will later use as a stepping stone to turn the Republic into an Empire and make himself the Emperor.

One thing I don't get, though. Why has the Jedi Council, in of all their grand wisdom, decided to send only two Jedi (Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan) back to the warzone (Naboo) instead of sending at least a dozen of them, even though they fully knew that, in addition to fighting against an army of the battle droids, they would most likely be confronted by a powerful Sith Lord, which in the end managed to kill one of the Jedi? Why? Where's the logic in that? The wise Jedi Council never heard of "strength in numbers" phrase? Of course, if they did that, Qui-Gon Jinn would survive and old George would have to come up with another way to make Obi-Wan Kenobi Anakin Skywalker's teacher, but apparently, killing Qui-Gon was much quicker, simpler and easier. George Lucas took the quick and easy path with that one. Yes, fell to the Dark Side of filmmaking George Lucas has.
Yoda.gif

nineteen

teh grae. whoulves end winter. leeam neeson

Tricorder

Resident Maid
Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones
 ​
movie_37207.jpg
 ​
 ​
Just like Episode 1, this movie has also managed to catch a lot of hate from the Star Wars fans who consider everything except the original trilogy to be undeserving of the holy Star Wars name. And again; I don't get it. Why? What's so horribly wrong with it?

The only thing that bugs me about it is the death of Anakin's mother, specifically what led to her death and how she died. Anakin (presumably thanks to the Force) had nightmares about her being in pain, so he went to Tatooine to find her, only to discover that Tusken raiders kidnapped her, took her to their camp and held her there for a month or so for no apparent reason (at least it wasn't explained in the movie) other than to give Anakin something to get angry about. When he finally found her, she died in his arms for no apparent reason, which enraged Anakin enough to make him go berserk and wipe out the entire camp. Seriously, George? You couldn't come up with something better, something more plausible to start Anakin's journey to the Dark side of the Force? 
confused0043.gif

shdws

OMG Member
I just watched Atlas Shrugged part 1, it was alright. I heard part 2 was better so I'll definitely check that one out.

thenextGeek

OMG Member
I recently watched Rise of The Guardians. Its an animated film starring Santa Clause, The Tooth Fairy, The Easter Bunny, The Boogeyman, Sandman, and Jack Frost. I was never a fan of animated films in the first place but this movie changed my perception regarding animated films. Its carefree, heartwarming, and funny even for me. Its a great stress reliever after a month or so of continuous studying.  :cool:8-)

Tricorder

Resident Maid
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
 ​
35_71874_0_StarWarsEpisodeIIIRevengeOfThe.jpg
 ​
 ​
Just like in Episode 2, where Anakin's mother died for no apparent reason, George pulled the same stunt again, only this time with Padme. She died at childbirth. Why? According to the medial droid that examined her, "she lost her will to live". Dafuq? Seriously? 
confused0043.gif
Post-childbirth depression, maybe? I didn't know that's lethal.

Since when is being depressed lethal in itself anyway? Would some Fluoxetine (Prozac) pills help? I mean, they managed to keep Grievous alive, even though most of his original body was destroyed and there was little more than a brain in the jar left of him. And yet, they slapped him into a robotic shell and voilà! Instant killing machine with a fetish for collecting Lightsabers from the defeated Jedi opponents.

Anakin lost all of his limbs and almost burned to death. Did that stop him? No, of course not. Medical droids healed his wounds, replaced his lost limbs with the mechanical replacements, sealed him into that dark suit, gave him James Earl Jones' voice and voilà! He gets to spend 3 more movies Force-choking Imperial officers.

But Padme - even though she didn't have so much as a bruise on her body, much less suffered from anything even remotely lethal - couldn't be saved by the use of the same medical technology that saved those two. Amazing. She was laying in the medical bay, surrounded by medical droids and medical equipment. And yet, no one thought of hooking her up on a life support machine, or something like that, to keep her alive until Prozac kicks in? Seriously, George? Seriously? 
confused0043.gif

Btw, I thought of a crappy joke while watching the movie:

"I used to be a clone trooper like you, but then I took a Lightsaber to the chest."

Yoda1.jpg

See? Told ya it's crappy. :p

Tricorder

Resident Maid
Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope
 ​
Star+War+Iv+A+New+Hope.jpg
 ​
 ​
The only Star Wars movie that doesn't have Yoda in it. That's all I have to say about it, mostly because I don't feel like nitpicking and pointing out its flaws right now. :p Instead, I'll just share my favorite scene:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irGnnyGyHwU

:p

Tricorder

Resident Maid
The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian
 ​
narnia-prince-kaspian-fp2012.jpg
 ​
 ​
Groovy. I didn't even know until today that The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe has a sequel. Good movie.

Marietta

Comes and Goes.
Groovy. I didn't even know until today that The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe has a sequel. Good movie.
There's still The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader after that.

Tricorder

Resident Maid
Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back
 ​
0002454326383_500X500.jpg
 ​
 ​
5 down, 1 to go. Hmm... I got nothing else to say. Weird.