Tricorder

Resident Maid
Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi
 ​
a9_d_76752_0_StarWarsEpisodeVIReturnOfTheJe.jpg
 ​
 ​
And the last one (for now) is done. Groovy. And now - nitpicking time! :uy:

First Death Star had a small exhaust port which led straight to the main reactor. The opening was just barely big enough for a pair of torpedoes to be fired into it. As we all know, the first Death Star was destroyed.

In this movie, the great Galactic Empire, in its infinite wisdom, decided to build another Death Star, allegedly more powerful than the first one. Great. Technically speaking, the idea behind it isn't really bad, since the station of that size is immune to fighter weapons hitting the surface, while at the same time is capable of blowing up an entire planet with one shot. So, the Empire is great at building huge superweapons, but apparently isn't smart enough to learn from its own mistakes. Instead of making the exhaust port even smaller, or at least somehow protecting it from torpedoes, they made it even bigger, huge enough for an entire group of ships to fly into, navigate their way to the main reactor, blow it up, navigate their way back out through the same passage and reach safe distance from the station before it exploded. Brilliant. Just brilliant. First one wasn't small enough to keep anything from entering? No problem. We'll make it even bigger this time. That should do the trick.  :rolleyes:

Now to pick on the Emperor himself. "Everything is going as I have foreseen." "It is as I have foreseen it." Well, your Highness, if you were so good at foreseeing things, if you knew everything in advance, how come you haven't foreseen that your pet Vader will turn on you and toss you down into the reactor pit?  :unsure:

George Lucas really puzzles me. He has a reputation for being a perfectionist, but somehow has managed to make such obvious slip-ups. Hmm...

I await Episode VII...

Legacy_of_the_Force_by_DistantDream.jpg

Tricorder

Resident Maid
Huh. Whaddaya know. Just another proof that he should never direct another Star Wars movie ever again. :)

nineteen

keys to a counter are timing. and the heart-Miyata
napoleon dynomite. i voted for  gosh! 

Last edited by a moderator:

Tricorder

Resident Maid
WALL·E
 ​
wall-e_dvd.jpg
 ​
 ​
I really don't know what to say about this movie, so I won't say anything. Groovy. :p

nineteen

varsity blue. vanderbeak, walker, voigt, smart, and that final destination girl from the first movie and the second movie. 

things to do before i die-see gfs/wives in whoop cream bikini. 

Fetter

More fun than a barrel of STDs
The Sushi Girl. My roommate's cousin wrote the script. Mark Hamill's in it, along with Tony Todd and Sonny Chiba. Jeff Fahey, Michael Biehn, and Danny Trejo have cameos too. It's pretty good, albeit extremely brutal and violent. Very reminiscent of B-type exploitation flicks except the film quality is better.

nineteen

moneyball, brad pitt, jonah hill and seymore huffmon. two baseball movies i can watch back to back(trouble with the curve) now i just need to get my hands on "angels in the outfield", "little big league" and "major league(1 and 2)" 

nineteen

Training day. Denzel Washington and ethan Hawke 

nineteen

NFL Films- The Quarterbacks. a dvd highlighting the careers of Tom Brady, Payton manning and Brett Favre that was released in 2008. interviews, high/college school clips and some home footage included. 

Fetter

More fun than a barrel of STDs
Dark City. Cerebral type dystopian film. Very interesting and atmospheric, definitely enjoyed it. Kiefer Sutherland, Rufus Sewell, Jennifer Connelly and William Hurt are in it.

MainerMikeBrown

OMG Member
Last night I saw Rocky 1 again.

Carl Weathers did a good job of acting like a Muhammed Ali type as "Apollo Creed."

nineteen

Transporter 3. starring jason statham.  
 warning spoiler if you havn't seen the movie. 

i saw this on one of the "starz" channels back in 07 i think talking on a shoutbox at a forum that i used to frequent. i didn't get to watch this from the beginning when i first saw it and wasn't really excited to watch it. going back and forth between the shoutbox and watching the movie. type, look at tv, type, look at tv, type look at tv. once the car went on two wheels between two trucks i logged off and just wanted to focus on the movie from then on.

MainerMikeBrown

OMG Member
Yesterday I saw a movie called "Stop-Loss," about a guy in the American Army who served in Iraq and Afghanistan.  He sacrificed a lot.  Yet just before he was about to get discharged, he was ordered back to Iraq.

This movie was very realistic, and I'd recommend it.

Tricorder

Resident Maid
The Final Countdown
 ​
Final-1.jpg

Interesting, but pointless storyline in this one. Year is 1979. While on a routine mission, modern US Navy carrier USS Nimitz gets caught in some kind of a storm no one has ever seen before and ends up back in 1941, the day before Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor. After spending most of the movie denying to themselves what happened and debating whether they should engage the Japanese fleet before it attacks Pearl Harbor, which, thanks to modern weaponry aboard the Nimitz, would result in total annihilation of the Japanese fleet and the alteration of known history, the crew of Nimitz finally decides to engage, only to have the same storm that brought them to 1941 suddenly appear again out of nowhere and return the ship back to year 1979, before the battle began, leaving the history unaltered. Pointless. Still, the movie kept me on the edge of my proverbial seat the whole time. Hey, I'm a sucker for time travel and other Sci-Fi stuff.  :p

Kirk Douglas and Martin Sheen in the same movie = win.

Mikey

:mikey:
Staff member
The Hangover Part 3. :) :)

It was... typical and atypical all at the same time. No Mike Tyson though (I think?)

Tricorder

Resident Maid
Iron Man 2
 ​
irnmn2pstr.jpg
 ​
 ​
First Iron Man was good. This one is not. Instead of gibbering-jabbering and listing everything that sucks about it, I'll let this video speak for me:

Yep. That sums it up quite nicely. :p

Marietta

Comes and Goes.
Thor: The Dark World
 ​
thor-2-poster-dark-world-chris-hemsworth.jpg
 ​
 ​
I like Loki. If only they would make a Loki movie. That would be great.