Quick Site News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikey

:mikey:
Staff member
Yeah, I specially like the Green Grass and House at the bottom :)

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
I am very happy to see that since not a few weeks ago when I made the first post on the site we've received over a 1,000 messages and that over a 150 members have created an account (either directly or using Facebook Connect). This is very exciting news and it looks very promising for the community.

Thank you all for browsing our site, signing up and contributing to it with discussions and submitted content. We at xenfans really appreciate it.

Floris

Staff member
Quick Site Update: Thursday; October 28, 2010

More style changes have been made to make it a bit more 'modern' and 'sexy'. I hope the minor changes are making browsing the site enjoyable.

Floris

Staff member
Quick Site Update: Friday; October 29, 2010

We've processed more Premium Accounts - Thank you all for supporting our site! We're working on an Interview and some additional documentation as well as template modifications. In the meantime small changes to our style are made, including this little gem

(Apologies for bad audi:wave:video)

Floris

Staff member
Quick Site Update: Wednesday; November 3, 2010

I am done with the bullshit from the world. I am out for now. On my behalf Nix will run the site. If you have any questions about products or services please contact her or the team. The todo items, the milestones, and roadmap for whatever we have planned will continue as planned, starting with an Interview and the Promote add-on. Stay tuned .. for what XenFans has to share.

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
Quick Site Update: Tuesday; November 9, 2010

Well the forums have been open for a month now and not forgetting the site has had the blog since June. The forum has has received 200 registrations in just the last 35 days! With an amazing 1585+ posts, which is an average (for the first month) of 5 new members signing up per day and about 45 posts per day average. XenFans has also had a premium account update every 3 days or so. We have made the first 10 a permanent upgrade (opposed to the normal 6 months).

A big thank-you for all your support and we hope you continue to enjoy XenFans and the services that we can provide. :)

Floris

Staff member
Quick Site Update: Wednesday; November 10, 2010

This is a heads up that the much requested '/popular/' add-on, which we use on XenFans here, will be released soon in our Premium Account forum at no cost - It's based on the demo code by Kier, feature ideas and revamped by me, and feature coding and help with the revamp done by Ceri May.

Floris

Staff member
Quick Site Update: Thursday; November 11, 2010

I've just finished upgrading the board to beta 3.

Floris

Staff member
Please note that we're now able to offer:

XenFans Installation Service
XenFans Upgrade Service

Prices and details can be found here: Services

Floris

Staff member
Quite Site Update: Sunday: November 28, 2010

Due to family circumstances our newsletter got delayed, but here it is as promised: #3
Thank you for your patience. We have our next newsletter scheduled for halfway through December.

Additionally we've been working on completing our October and November services and have more to do. While we're prepping to go live with our upcoming Marketplace and Job Board.

Stay tuned :)

Floris

Staff member
Quick Site Update: Friday; December 3, 2010

We have some good news and bad news today. Let's start with the bad and finish with the good shall we?

Recently a flood attack has caused a bit of a spike on our network but we were able to fight it off, and after tests it seems the connection, software, and hardware, was running just fine. However, perhaps coincidence or not, this morning one of the work hard drives that is separate from the web site and customer system was making a loud enough ticking sound that the tech guys spotted it. Yep, that one was dead.

The backup we have offsite is 72 hours old (and next one was scheduled for tonight) so any work I've done in these 72 hours is gone. Which includes a 3 million vB-XF import. Bugger .. to say the least. I will have to start over again.

We've addressed the issues and paying someone to do more thorough test and are attempting to increase our frequency in offsite backups. The damage is very minor, but a big inconvenience.

Moving on to the good news. XenForo.com and XenFans.com updated their designs to welcome the holiday-, winter season and XenForo Limited released their beta 4 of their forum software. Our announcement can be found here: XenForo version 1.0.0 beta 4 released

Additional updates to our site will include an upgrade to beta 4 in the coming week - I am a bit busy so it might have to wait this time. Our internal area51 already runs a copy and the update went quite smooth. We're also looking forward converting the XenFans CleanCut theme from an earlier beta to this new beta 4, in preparation for a Christmas release to our Premium account holders (well, we will do our best to make that happen). Other premium content is also still in the works, my offline family issues are delaying things a little bit.

Our November price updates are live now, with our base prices being $5 or $9, depending on the service, and we're offering great first time installation-, and xenforo upgrade services alongside our convert services. Talking about convert services, we now support vBulletin 2, 3 and 4, IPB 3.0 and 3.1, phpBB and many other forum software, into xenforo.

Anyway, we have some busy months behind us, and quite a few ahead of us. Besides the XenFans team offering professional services, we will be opening our job boards and market place forum this weekend, allowing companies to offer their own services and products, related to xenforo. So stay tuned for more details!

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
Quick Site Update: Sunday; December 5, 2010

Just to inform you that we have updated the Products and Services in the Navigation Bar and they have been merged into one link with the relevant details in the drop down. More updates to the Navigation Bar are to follow soon.

Floris

Staff member
More news today :)

The Job-board and Marketplace forums are now open to the public. These are the places where you can find secondhand licenses for sale, additional xenforo related services. community web sites or xenforo styles for sale. Or you can use it as a great spot to ask what you're looking for.

Everybody can read the content, members can reply to threads, but to post new content one has to update their account. This way, when you make money through our site - we get something in return for it too. Your donation will help us stay afloat.

http://xenfans.com/pages/earn/

Floris

Staff member
Quick Site Update: Friday; December 17, 2010

We had our first serious snow in the Netherlands - so I thought to go outside and make a custom xenfans logo :)

It's temporary, but, with Christmas coming soon and the wintery season, mah, I felt it was fine for now.

Photo%20Dec%2017%2C%2015%2042%2024.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.