The boring thread of: I have to really clean a few things (part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
Finished the rest yet? I don't believe that's all the decorating you're doing!
She only has 6 hours per day time now to decorate, instead of her usual 24/7 :D

jk jk, nix always makes me envy decorating for christmas.

Floris

Staff member
Thursday/Friday( morning)

Today we are going to pick up my mothers' ashes. And we get together at my place. So that means I better have my apartment in check.

I did some work on it on thursday, making sure things are in their place, the rooms they will go to are okay and that the kitchen and toiletroom are clean.

Just woke up and worked on a personal project, it's now 5am, I am going to finalize a few things, then take a break, then shower at 6 am, and then I can chill.

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
So today I have to find the energy for this little lot as I didn't do much this week other than most of the decorations.

Clothes washing and hang upstairs
Washing up (lots)
Finish decorating and take boxes etc upstairs and put away
Cancel singing for rest of term as its unlikely Abbs will be well enough to continue
Shopping for more presents as got an extra guest now for Christmas Day!!! That'll be 8 people I have to cater for and fit into my living room and around the table somehow lol!!

Floris

Staff member
You can do it! Fun things last, YOU HEARD ME

• Haha
Reactions: Nix

Floris

Staff member
Friday afternoon

Survived the morning, I woke up in time, got stuff done in time. No anxiety from it, no social anxiety this time either. Finally .. progress.

It was emotional in my mind at least, having mom back home again. We did our family thing, then emily had cheesecake and sister had coffee, and everybody just went home.

Cleaned the table, kitchen sink, and put everything in the dishwasher, and washed my hands of course again. Put bike back inside.

Watered the plants, put used towels etc and laundry in the washing machine, I will turn that on next. Just turned on dishwasher.

Time to relax my mind and emotionally process that 'mom is back' again. And then we will see what the afternoon brings.

I think Saturday i will focus 100% on no-family and all-minecraft, so the event is 90% done and I have less stress from that.

Then we will see Sunday what's next.

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
Clothes washing and hang upstairs
Washing up (lots)
Finish decorating and take boxes etc upstairs and put away
Cancel singing for rest of term as its unlikely Abbs will be well enough to continue
Shopping for more presents as got an extra guest now for Christmas Day!!! That'll be 8 people I have to cater for and fit into my living room and around the table somehow lol!!]

Tidied living room a bit after taking xmas leftovers upstairs.
Ignored the rest :/

Floris

Staff member
Woah lots done @Nix

Laundry, dishes, dryer, all done.

I tried my best to sleep proper, and stayed in bed longer than I normally am. I hope the rest helps.

Floris

Staff member
Sunday morning.

I slept better than some other days this week, so I am happy about that.

It is now 7:38am, and I have made breakfast, so I could (in a minute) clean the kitchen again.

I emptied dryer, dishwasher and wiped off surfaces and moved things back in their place and out of the way.

The chairs in the bedroom are piling up, I have to go think about that and try to improve that situation. I need to empty the room before 24th.

I would do a bit more, but I have to start finalizing the december event for the Minecraft server. I might as well get that out of the way. But to stay up to date in the apartment I want to make sure certain things in certain rooms are at least done.

Floris

Staff member
Monday morning, ugh monday

haha

It is raining crazy here, I am not going for a bike ride.

I slept okay enough and woke up early so i have a long day of time ahead of me.

- Cleaned the kitchen

- Emptied dishwasher, cleaned dishwasher, and put whatever dishes i had in it and started it again.

- Cleaned the toilet room, scrubbed the sink and bowl and restocked tp and stuff

- Gathered up clothes and put them in washing machine but it wasn't enough to run it, so maybe tonight.

- I have time now to think about the chairs in the bedroom.

- Projects for 2022 have been discussed, started, etc etc. and I have some things i needed to order, they arrive today and tomorrow.

- Time to make sure "day 1" of the advent calendar on 1MB server goes well, so i HAVE to finish that, in case tomorrow goes all wrong.

I hope everybody is doing okay, and nix, if you have time today to hang out on call just call me. i probably have time to chat.

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
Day off today so lots to do,

Kitchen including washing up
Post office and food shopping
Put laundry away, hoovering
Clear sofa and side tables

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
Got nothing done yesterday, except some shopping of the non food kind!

• Haha

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
I've had some lazy days where I've not done much. Need to get back to doing stuff!

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
Post office is done, got food too.
Made a start on the washing up, realised that I melted the rubbish bags, they had fallen onto the cooker and are now stuck together. However I've still gathered the recycling ready to go out.

Floris

Staff member
Food has arrived, fridge is full (give it an hour, i bet it will feel empty again)

Kitchen is kept nice, it's clean and tidy and empty. Things are in their place and the dishes i didn't manually do i put in the dishwasher.

Laundry has been collected but it's not enough to justify another run.

Dryer dealt with.

I didn't dust or vacuum at all this last 5+ days. EEEEH, maybe tomorrow.

I have amazon to show up with items for a project for 2022 (and some stuff for emily) and i think my niece might try to come later to pick up some of that stuff.

I yet again slept okay, i assume this was luck and after a few nights that i will be up all night tonight with a headache - but fingers crossed that i fall asleep and stay asleep

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
Only got about half done yesterday so still lots to do today.
So far I've done a load in the washing machine and put it on the airer, cleared the window sill and wiped that over and strung up the Christmas lights in the window. I'm doing the decorations little by little so he gets used to something then I add more.
Advent calendars have of course been opened! I've wrapped a few presents this morning too, but I need to actually clean!

Floris

Staff member
I've showered, shaved, and got laundry, dishes etc all together again. Worked on the 1.18 upgrade and the december event more, and taking a lunch break now.

I've followed up on all msgs, and emails, and checked all the amazon stuff that's delivered and what not.

Next, throwing the trash away and waiting for the LED lights to arrive, and then working on some cards for the family.

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
I've spoken to insurance and arranged George's stuff to be picked up by his sister on Monday (it was inside the bike)
Made a few phone calls, George, his sister, insurance, dentist
Had coffee with Carole and Sal
Watched a Christmas movie
Sold a pair of trainers
Arranged a clothing return pick up

Now I have boring housework to do;
Washing up
Clothes washing
Tidy desk
Clear hallway
Clear table for Abbs to do art homework
Dinners (god knows what I can eat!)

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
I've cleared the sofa, and hoovered it! One side table is cleared and cleaned and Christmas decorations put on it. Yet more washing up done, still more to do

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
It's late night shopping here tonight so won't get home till after 7, all I plan to do tonight is wash the oven dish that I've left soaking.

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
Todays list..... much the same as all week as haven't done much but I need to do today

Washing up
Clothes washing
Tidy desk
Clear hallway
Abbs FT George - needs cheering up
Shopping amends
Prep more returns
Rubbish out
Dinners

Floris

Staff member
I haven't done much, besides trying to spend a minute here and there to clean up and tidy up after yesterday. I have boxes and trash to throw out, mail box to check, and laundry/dishes to start again. But kitchen etc looks more tidy and clean again.

I've spent the morning on the 1MB server event, the project unknown event, my mrf projects, talks with emily about stuff she's working on and the zrips plugins beta testing and other 1.18 updates.

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
What is wrong with me this week? I can't get motivated...

Washing up
Clothes washing
Tidy desk
Clear hallway
Shopping amends
Prep more returns
Rubbish out
Dinners

Floris

Staff member
What is wrong with me this week? I can't get motivated...

Washing up
Clothes washing
Tidy desk
Clear hallway
Shopping amends
Prep more returns
Rubbish out
Dinners
Time to get the whip out. WORK HARDER /whipsound/

Status
Not open for further replies.