The boring thread of: I have to really clean a few things (part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
A little surprise in the email to spike up my stress level.. oof. I will have to just accept it's out of my control and say fuck it, and focus on my own life, .. which starts again later, i need to sleep well, wake up in time, i have to food prep before going to sleep. and it's evening now, so .. time to do this now.

Floris

Staff member
Monday morning, the renovations start again. I think the agenda for me or this week is:

25 mon - renovations, and getting all the legal people on the same page (day 5)
26 tue - renovations, signing paperwork with legal people (day 6)
27 wed - national holiday, i will be in bed 24/7, some laundry.
28 thu - renovations, and if tuesday didn't happen, then that will be today, but i doubt today will be anything legal involved (day 7)
29 fri - renovations. And then i will be in bed once they're gone, until monday morning. (day 8) (omg, they're only halfway through now)
30 sat - weekend, cleaning up, relaxing, staying in bed
1 sun - weekend, cleaning up, food prep probably, laundry

Then I believe, renovations starts 2nd, and 3rd, then free on 4th and maybe 5th, then friday renovations and weekend again.

Anyway, monday 25th, i woke up at 6 am, did my morning routine and now sitting here writing this. I've tried to tidy the kitchen a bit. i have trash to throw out, and the weather isn't that nice. I hope that todays renovation doesn't come with much loud noises and without heavy machinery, so i can stay behind my computer and stay home.

Floris

Staff member
The big closet in the livingroom. I rook stuff off of it and dusted it off. Front sides and top. Cleaned a few tiny things. And moved them inside the closet. So i dont have to keep cleaning them

threw trash out

and had breakfast. Did some minor dishes. But worker is busy. Will do the rest tonight. It isnt much.

i have gathered up some stamps for the flyer. Giving me about 12 euro. So i will go to the store later and buy some foods that can last long outside of fridge.

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
Done all the washing up bar the pans, they are next!
All rubbish and recycling out.
Doors closed upstairs.
Clothes in bag ready to take upstairs.
Abbs at school...woohoo...

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
Forgot to take the rubbish out this morning, so I'll have to do that later, got half the washing up done, so I'll finish that after work, but need to go food shopping too

Floris

Staff member
Nice progress everybody :)

edit: once they were gone i got so cold and tired, i crawled into bed.

Last edited:

Floris

Staff member
Tuesday, they started late. I was up early. Great combo. But an easy morning!

I had ppl show up preparing for the renovation, and they just showed up to do the renovation. So, we will see how it goes.

legal papers: sorted! we saw the paperwork and agreed to it via mail, now they mailed it to my brother, let's see if they can sign it today, so we can sign it today. Nobody needs any further delays.

Todays apartment work: i've aired out the apartment, and I've done the manual dishes, I threw out the trash, and I've swiffered the floor. Wgere u had access at least. What i do in between is just wipe off what i pick up. And that's it. i am sure todays cement fun will result in another layer of dust, this time a different color lol.

I had to make a bunch of phone calls and sort out an email chain. that was fun. But we made progress.

Now everything is out of my control, so we're back to the waiting game.

Floris

Staff member
Wednesday,

-sidenote- We were at the notary's office, even overstaying our welcome. No word from their lawyer on anything. So no settlement was signed. Very disappointing.

Kingsday in the netherlands, we do nothing, that's my plan too. no renovation today, so i am trying to sleep longer (which worked), and go back to bed for an extra nap (which worked). And now I am enjoying the cold apartment (lol shit).

I am trying to do the dishes as I make them. so i do not fall behind and the kitchen stays clean enough.

The hallway is full of cement things, for thursday. They show up at 7 or 8. I assume renovation wise thursday will go smoothly enough.

Floris

Staff member
Thursday, renovation day 7 I think is about to start.

- Aired out of the apartment
- warmed up the apartment again lol
- tried to sleep, failed, tried to nap, which worked. I had 3 hours of sleep. Probably stress
- did my morning routine, forgot about breakfast, will have that in a minute.
- tried to wash myself a bit better in the sink, in case I have to go to the notary's office today - i mean, we HAVE to sign today, otherwise, it will all be an even bigger mess.
- starting the dryer even though renovation ppl will be here. I need the clean clothes later today.
- did some Minecraft maintenance
- I tried to do some dishes, but felt my lower back, so decided to not risk it, i can do more tonight.

the main goal today is to get the paperwork signed and endure the renovations. And stay calm while doing it all so I at least have done my best to be a normal person.

Best of luck everybody with whatever task you have ahead of you.

Floris

Staff member
Laundry done, dryer done, tiles in bathroom done by that guy, he's doing the cement floor now.
No info about legal matter yet.
Dishes are done, except the food prep boxes, just annoying to clean, will work on that tonight, tomorrow and the weekend.

Floris

Staff member
legal was a bust today again. im very disappointed. my sadness and stress is turning into feeling angry.

• Sad
Reactions: Nix

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
I've not really done anything again today. Done some washing up, watched tv and had parents evening.

Floris

Staff member
Tiles on most walls are done, cement floor is done in both room. Toiletroom has no tiles yet. Floors have no tiles yet, but therye' making progress.

seeing how legal shit went today and how mad and angry, upset, and disappointed i am that the moment you have 1% hope, that you get kicked down again .. i dunno, i doubt ill do anything this weekend. ill leave the dusty apartment for what it is, ill just be in bed once the renovation ppl are gone and ill get out when they show up monday morning again.

Floris

Staff member
I tried to sleep and made it to 6 hours, so that's better than the night before.

I did my morning routine and tried to clean up and dust a bit more in the apartment, but it feels like it makes no impact haha.

I've done laundry and dryer is done now.

Made late breakfast, or early lunch. Will have porridge in a bit as well.

Cleaned the kitchen, finished dishes, but there wasn't much to do.

Aired out the apartment for 5 minutes, but it's so cold, screw that.

Floris

Staff member
I've kept the kitchen clean enough, I had nice lunch. And the groceries arrived. I thought through what I wanted this week and how i want to portion it etc. I was surprised with what i came up with, so quite content.
Groceries this month was not cheap, but it was about 45% cheaper than last month. Just by changing how I do things. Amazing.

Floris

Staff member
We're 50 posts away from yet another 500 post thread. However, I'd like to suggest that due to my post ramblings and the renovation going on, it would be kind of nice to leave all the ramblings and renovation posts in this one thread "for the future".

Monday morning, renovation week continues, hopefully, it will soon all be over. Well, at least having strange people around the place daily. I will then still have weeks of cleaning ahead of me.

I've done my morning routine. I saw the kitchen is a mess, I will work on that while they work on the bathroom.

I went to my sister's place Sunday and had a nice shower, and I've tried to relax the rest of the day.

Airing out the apartment right now.

Put whatever dirty clothes I could find and put them in the washing machine. It's not enough yet to justify a cycle.

Hopefully today I will be able to just play hayday and take it easy, watch tv, and work a little on my balcony. And if they are gone early today I will just go to bed for a nap and catch some extra snooze, knowing it will be another four days until it's the weekend again.

Saturday I've done food-prep, which went fine. The gravy I made I was afraid I didn't have enough and added more water to the end, which was fine, but I clearly had enough and shouldn't have doubted. Good to know for next time. The potato wedges turned out great, and the rest as well. I have three more days though. Not a whole 5, I had ingredients that would not be nice to eat after 5 days in the fridge. I had it saturday night, (made it saturday night) sunday night. And now 3 more boxes left.

Today I also have to boil the last six eggs, I will do that now before these guys show up, while the apartment is airing out. This will be 2 for today, breakfast and one with my lunch, both probably on toast. Tomorrow one or two, maybe with a salad. And then day after the last few with grilled cheese or something.

And in the meantime, each time I use something, I wipe it off for the day. Like, I use the fridge, I clean the top, sides, .. removing dust hopefully. Using the microwave? Okay, wiping it off while it's going. Need a plate? If i didn't just wash it and it's a new one, I will clean it before using. It feels like a battle with the spigot on, there's always new dust, but I try to limit at least that I inhale less and less, and dont put food on it etc. Once a day at least, when these guys are gone. I use the swiffer on the floor where there's no stuff. And in the evening I move away one thing and swiffer that. I don't vacuum yet, for other reasons. I can't use wet, because it is cement and wall stuff, so it will just mix into something that can be perm. Swiffer while they're here, vacuum once this whole renovation crap is over, air out in the meantime, and dust off in the meantime. And when it's all the best it can be, i will mop the floor and clean surfaces properly etc. Baby steps, a little patience, and not being too bothered about it, .. will keep me calm, doesn't give me anxiety, and I know eventually it will all be nice again.

Okay, ramble of the day is over, I can get started LOL.

New trash bag,
boil eggs,
swiffer the floor maybe,
air out apartment (already doing that)
.. just get up and get started, it's only 6:30am, OPFpPFPFPOfoOF

Floris

Staff member
Dishes are done,
kitchen is cleaned,
stove is cleaned,
airfryer is cleaned (and made buns for lunch!)
trash thrown out (earlier) and new bin liner sorted,
more laundry thrown in washing machine, but it's hardly half a load atm.
Just playing hayday and doing minecraft stuff while they work on the bathroom tiles.

I've ordered some temperature sensors that i can use on the balcony, in the livingroom and in the fridge. I have 5, (5 for 5) so i can go figure out some things this summer, will be fun.

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
Today I need to do stuff lol... well all week actually. My house looks like a bomb has gone off and my parents are over from Spain here on Saturday!! Not seen them for about 10 years!! SO I NEED TO DO STUFF!!

Today;
Coffee
Washing up
Wash load on
Rubbish out
Food waste out
ABbs ready to go out

Abbs ready for school tomorrow (Homework and hair washed etc)
Sort shopping returns out
Dinner Lasagne
Work out how to get to my step-brothers funeral :'(

Floris

Staff member
Tuesday morning, woke up at 4 am, couldn't fall back to sleep, 6:22am now, done laundry, it's in the dryer now.
going back to bed with a 7:30 alarm, kinda gambling they show up at 8 am haha.

Floris

Staff member
I could have stayed in bed, they didn't show up until 9:30am.

I am not getting a lot done today to be honest, slept rough, feel rough. My tummy is a tiny bit upset. ONce renovation left, im 100% hopping back into bed.

Last edited:

Floris

Staff member
Nobody from renovation has showed up yet, ARGH. let's stay ahead on schedule peeps, dont start falling behind. haha. i want this done by friday.

Status
Not open for further replies.