The boring thread of: I have to really clean a few things (part 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
Did two 10 minute stints today, and while it doesn't currently look any cleaner yet, if I can do at least 1 a day it will slowly get there.

Reactions: Nix

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
Tackled some of the floordrobe today, it's not put away, it's now just in piles on the bed!

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
The week has started, I have to pick up real life again. And that includes cleaning the kitchen.

- Gathered up most of the trash into a bin liner to be thrown out, all the little things. I will throw it out later.

- Gone through the fruit, and veggies, see what has gone bad due to warmer weather, so I don't get fruit flies and other nonsense.

- Prepared to do dishes, didn't start it, it's hard to find motivation.

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
I have to do the whole house

Floris

Staff member
I've tried this morning to get the trash gathered to throw out so I stay ahead of that. Especially in this warm weather I don't want a bin filled with left over food to attract fruit flies or stink up the place.

I've noticed the weather is currently cooler, still at 10am, so for the last 2 hours I've been airing out the apartment to get rid of that nasty warm blanket of air that hangs in the apartment. Fresh air, yay. Then soon ill close windows, doors, and curtains to trap the coolness.

Every time I walk from a to b in the apartment, I pick up something that I spot that needs to go somewhere else. So I slowly collect left over dishes in the kitchen, and laundry near washing machine, and put cleaning stuff down where I wanna clean.

And in between other tasks online, I try to do some offline tasks without stressing out.

Slowly getting back into the motivation to clean again. Was really tough this weekend. After a few weeks of daily powering through, I needed that break. WORTH IT, but it's crazy how quickly you notice crap piling up.

Floris

Staff member
- Did a fourth of the dishes, the stuff on the right side.
- did another batch of dishes. pots and pans and a few plates.
I am done. ill do more tonight or tomorrow.

Last edited:

Floris

Staff member
- kitchen is a mess again
- made macaroni
- aired out apartment
- tidied a few things
- enjoyed the balcony
- enjoying health problems. lol

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
Need to do --

Kitchen - litter tray, washing up, clear table.

Living room - Rubbish out, tidy & hoover

Melt in heat!

Floris

Staff member
I keep forgetting to write things down. So starting fresh.

This morning I woke up and just went straight into it after putting up some jazz. I put the airco unit on, lights bright, and turned on the laundry machine, and then got some bin liners to fill up with crap lying around all over the place.

Now it's time for a break, and I didn't want to forget writing this down. So here I am.

Next, probably a start on the dishes.

I've reached out to a few helpers who can come clean in the coming weeks. They both replied that they had time. One probably not this, but next Friday. So I will see if I can get the other one to come this Friday. And Haircut lady will be here on the 6th of July.

Floris

Staff member
Okay, I had some M&Ms for breakfast, a little break. And I did some Minecraft maintenance. So I am technically free for the rest of the day. It's now 11am, and I can go relax and slowly start tidying up while I "wake up" haha. I will open both doors, it's cooler outside than inside again, so I can air out the place and cool it down. While I slowly start some dishes and put the laundry in the dryer.

Floris

Staff member
Dryer has started
Things have been moved around
Apartment is airing out
And I sorta semi cleaned the surface of the computer table.

Floris

Staff member
Kay, I've organized some thoughts and data things for real life. Letting that go now.

The dryer has completed its run, and I have folded the laundry.

I got two full bin liners with crap, so I am going to throw the paper stuff out, trash in the bins downstairs and checking my mail.

Windows, doors, etc closed, airco on.

Dishes.. I've stared at them.

Floris

Staff member
Dishes part 1 today, done.. already so warm, and I have a lovely headache, so. Taking a break already haha

edit

Dishes part 2 done, way more to go. But this headache isn't going away.

Last edited:

Floris

Staff member
The headache won yesterday. I slept poorly. But today seems better.

I got more plates and cups done. About halfway through, back hurt and I just went to do something else. not gonna stress about it.

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
I've done a very little bit so far;

Clothes washing
some washing up
hoovered downstairs
cleared living room (got to clear sofas)
sorted some rubbish

got to go to 6th form induction in 20 min then when back its coffee with a friend for her birthday

then;

clear sofas
dinners
washing up
set alarms for tomorrow (Prom day)

Floris

Staff member
Did more dishes, down to the last bit, lower back ain't happy, dunno why it's more of an issue this last few days than weeks before

Floris

Staff member
All the dishes are done. My back is complaining, but I had a good sleep after that.
Kitchen is ready to get scrubbed, haha.

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
I'm doing little areas today, windowsill is now free of plant pots and compost, as is the kallax next to it.
Washing machine is on.
Want to get the table also compost free today, and try to clear the sofa.

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
Washing is drying, windows open.
Table has been cleared and changed the tablecloth. Cleared the blockage in the vacuum and now to use that and clean the bath, since I used the bath tub to clean the hoover!

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
Well I didn't get the sofa cleared, but I did clean the bath and take out the rubbish. Recycling is gathered up ready to go out tomorrow, and I've made a start on folding the laundry.
Tomorrow I will try to finish the hoovering and clear the sofa.
I should do dishes, but it's not something I'm good at planning to do, so I'll see how I go with things.

Floris

Staff member
I have been up since 5 am, to air out the apartment, now that it's slightly cooler.

The laundry is about to get started, I vacuum the floor, and I have had breakfast don't the balcony.

I've done mugs, cups, glasses, and plates, I hate dishes.. Next will be pots and pans later today.

Some deliveries are on their way to me, they are pretty heavy, and like 5 boxes.. That will be fun.

Floris

Staff member
I've organized the balcony a little bit, and watered the plants, I've finished laundry, it's in the dryer now. It's still semi cool so I am still airing out the place. And I threw the trash out.

Status
Not open for further replies.